Thread: "the ultimate in child abuse" ... ???

Super Moderator

UK

"the ultimate in child abuse" ... ???

No wonder Fox News is a complete and utter joke:

http://www.gamepolitics.com/

(Scroll down to "8-year-old Slams Bill O’Reilly for Blaming Violence on Games, Music" and watch the video from Fox)

This is the original video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Iq4rA4RZ8

Beware!!! She says "ass" in the video!!! (pfft, I was saying the f-word at her age - seriously)

How is this child abuse? Is this the first time a child has been 'used' the get across a point? Heck, one example that immediately springs to mind here in the UK is when the whole BSE crisis was happening and beef wasn't "safe" anymore - a politician, to show that beef was now safe, fed his kid a beef burger in front of a dozen snapping camers ... funny thing was, the kid didn't like the taste of the beef burger, oops, lol.

They seem to be missing the point that the words the kid are saying (prompted or not, the child is a 'visual device' for making a point) are as justified as anything said by anyone else - freedom of speech, remember? And it's blatantly true - hateful violence has been around a hell of a lot longer than Doom and Donky Kong.

I see (in America) they're doing PSA's to tell parents about age ratings on games , and now Hilary "I wasted $90 million on a survey mankind already knew the answer to" Clinton (who was lambasting the ESRB last year over Hot Coffee) is praising them ... mixed ideas, much?

Viva la videogame violence!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 12-Dec-2006 at 06:23 PM.

capncnut
    I caught that video a little while back and to tell you the truth, I was impressed by it. Whether her statements were 'coached' or not, the message is still the same. I applaud the director wholeheartedly.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Bill O'Reilly is an idiot. He doesn't even focus on the message that's being relayed, but rather focuses only on the "child abuse" aspect. Which is bull****.

I got a video camera. I ask my kid to say some lines and look into said video camera. Child abuse?

No, but letting your kid watch Fox is ****ing child abuse!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    No, but letting your kid watch Fox is ****ing child abuse!
    Unless the child wants to be really, really dumb
    Than it's a gift from God!
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers