Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maybe if he wasn't a thieving scumbag...

Scotland
    The dog most likely got in the way as they emptied their guns into the kid.

There is a clip I saw a few weeks ago of some cops riddling some criminal with lead and their own police dog was shot when it went in to tackle the villian. I can't find the link.

United States
    While I do agree with Neil that Strickland "assumed the risk" of possibly being shot by becoming a violent criminal (apparently, but very likely as the officers had an arrest warrant for him and no one is contesting the fact that he did commit the armed robbery), however, I also believe that law enforcement has too often crossed the line of excessive force when dealing with these situations.

Okay, so the little twit bopped someone over the noggin and stole his game system. Did this justify a heavily armed cadre of paramilitary style LEOs bashing in his front door and spraying him down with lead?

Hell, no.

You'd think they could have just staked him out for a few hours and arrested him when he left the house to go to class.

I realize that the police here in the US often have their hands full dealing with lowlifes, but this particular case, to me at least, did not call for sending in a dynamic entry team.

-stray-

United States
    The Cops shouldn't have killed the dog
    They shouldnt go barging into homes shooting up the place, innocents get killed like that. Those cops, if the story is true, are total retards and Ieven n a semi perfect world would be unemployable.
    But a violent thief gets got and I could give a crap.
    Today its a playstation, tommorow its your rent.
    Today its some spolied kid getting robbed, tommorow its you 65 year old Mom getting punched in the mouth for a dollar fifty and a pack of gum.
    Its better for the rest of us everytime some mope like that gets taken out.
    I say good riddance.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    To heck with the dog. Dogs are dogs. Replaceable.

-stray-

ps -- I don't hate dogs. I like dogs. I OWN two of them. They're ... well, they're dogs.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That cop was to be charged with Murder, and he was, then when he went before the Grand Jury the Jury foreman check the wrong box and the cop got off on a technicality.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/12/13/pl....ap/index.html
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Geeeeez ... I bet that guy spent the whole week following just exhaling and saying "that was close" ... I suppose this is one of the reasons the British bobbies (who aren't on the beat anymore, they're too busy typing out reports and handling red tape thanks to Labour) don't have guns, unless they're a special team.

If everyone has guns then it makes it more likely some knobhead's gonna pop off when he/she shouldn't ... then again, no guns for any cops and you'll get police officers shot dead when responding to a robbery (like we recently had here in the UK).