Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Completely random Dawn 2004 observation ...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    nothing but fanboy banter.
    But.. thats why Im here!

Anyone saying Dawn sucked is full of crap and only trying to protect GAR's version. Well don't ! They're two different worlds.
    I didnt think it sucked. I thought the writing sucked and it had all the depth of a Velveeta sandwhich, but it was fun when people werent talking or when Zombies werent flying
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    But.. thats why Im here!
    Me too

I didnt think it sucked. I thought the writing sucked and it had all the depth of a Velveeta sandwhich, but it was fun when people werent talking or when Zombies werent flying

capncnut
    Anyone saying Dawn sucked is full of crap and only trying to protect GAR's version.
    Er nope, just telling it like it is. Ill admit (for the 100th time) that Yawn 04 was okay at the theater but way below par on dvd. I didn't care about one single character in that movie because they were all soulless assholes. An erratic script with flashy digital camerawork, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    (Zack Snyder) probably saw the original once, after a long night of taking it in the butt and huffing gasoline with a group of transvestite circus midgets.
    That could well be the case Prof as I don't even think he saw the movie. I reckon he just read the original script, kept the mall and the dog and threw everything else out.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Er nope, just telling it like it is. Ill admit (for the 100th time) that Yawn 04 was okay at the theater but way below par on dvd. I didn't care about one single character in that movie because they were all soulless assholes. An erratic script with flashy digital camerawork, nothing more.

That could well be the case Prof as I don't even think he saw the movie. I reckon he just read the original script, kept the mall and the dog and threw everything else out.
    That girl and her dog was strait out of the 1950s school of girls shoe falls off, she is paralyzed hysterical with fear (cause they are the weaker sex) and wait prone screaming to die.

A true genius would just have her take her shoe off and keep running. Like in NOTLD

The telegraphing of the girls actions was hamhanded and thats generous "She lost everyone. All she has is a mangy dog" Boo hoo. Craaaaap.

having to say "Not that one, the 70s one" for the rest of my life is something I will never forgive

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    Having to say "Not that one, the 70s one" for the rest of my life is something I will never forgive
    Unfortunately it's a comment that is often said about most films nowdays.

United States
    That girl and her dog was strait out of the 1950s school of girls shoe falls off, she is paralyzed hysterical with fear (cause they are the weaker sex) and wait prone screaming to die.

A true genius would just have her take her shoe off and keep running. Like in NOTLD

The telegraphing of the girls actions was hamhanded and thats generous "She lost everyone. All she has is a mangy dog" Boo hoo. Craaaaap.

having to say "Not that one, the 70s one" for the rest of my life is something I will never forgive
    The runaway nature of the "storytelling" (tsk tsk) also didn't give much insight to her relationship with that kid security guard. The camera pans to his face for a second when she is sobbing, I think, and it later shows them together looking at a telescope. Then boom, they are "in a relationship" or something.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubaker View Post
    The runaway nature of the "storytelling" (tsk tsk) also didn't give much insight to her relationship with that kid security guard. The camera pans to his face for a second when she is sobbing, I think, and it later shows them together looking at a telescope. Then boom, they are "in a relationship" or something.
    I thought it was OK in the theatre but as soon as I left and startd talking about ti there was no "That part with the blah blah was awesome" , it was "That was stupid and didnt make sense"
    It was like eating a reasonably tasty meal and minutes later getting explosive diarrhea.

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    I dont really think the skull and the poster were that similar but there were many hommages to previous GAR movies IMHO like when Sarah Polley plunked her car down and slammed into a tree very NOTLD... and when Mekkhi Pfeiffer was checking for zombies when they first got to the mall and this anorexic looking zomb plunks against the window and kinda slides across... looked a lot like one from the NOTLD remake too.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i want a REAL remake of dawn!!

United States
    okay start holding your breath
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereval View Post
    I just popped it into my DVD player and noticed something peculiar and yet so blindly obvious that I'm almost embarassed to point it out now almost 3 years after first seeing the film. There are the commonly noticed homages to the original throughout the film such as the Gaylen Ross store, the BP trucks and, of course, the WGON chopper flying through the frame.

I saw something a few minutes ago that I never heard anyone mention (apologies if you saw it 3 years ago) ... but did you notice that in the opening shot on the zoom out from the skull x-ray, there are a few frames that bear striking resemblance to the original cover art for 1978 version (Airport zombie head on the horizon)?

A nice touch, I thought.

P.S. - As I was typing this out I noticed something else ... I think I may be going crazy ... during the intro, just as Johnny Cash says "the hair" from (the hairs on your arm will stand up) for 2 frames the image of the reporter's head distorts with a slice through the top of his head ... helicopter zombie???
    if you look close to the restraunts, you will see another mention to the org. dawn. there's a restraunt called wooly's diner.(he was the s.w.a.t. member shot by peter in 107 apt. complex.) you have to look real close.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieslayer View Post
    if you look close to the restraunts, you will see another mention to the org. dawn. there's a restraunt called wooly's diner.(he was the s.w.a.t. member shot by peter in 107 apt. complex.) you have to look real close.
    Damn you guys are good. You should do analysis for the c.i.a. or something.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"