Thread: 500 internal server error

Kazakhstan

500 internal server error

got this at 3:03am today

"The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
    There is a problem with the CGI server. Please notify Member Support. "

...er...so here i am

easy now

Super Moderator

UK
    lol @ "easy now" - lovin' it, brings back the uni memories...

Anyway, I get that error when trying to get into the 3 word story or word association threads. It's as if, if the thread is too huge, I get the error - unless I access it via an email subscription alert, even then it occasionally gives me the 500 error.

Administrator

England
    Ta for the report...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Kazakhstan
    similar one, just got it, 8pm pretty much on the dot, was on a thread in gen. discussion and clicked to go back to the main forum page (i think).

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, cgiadmin@yourhostingaccount.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Administrator

England
    I think there's something up with the server at the minute, i'll let neil know for you.

Banned User

United States
    Yes, I get that quite often here also.

Administrator

England
    Yeh, on it...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan