Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So, this place is deader than a nun's sex life.

United States
    Excellent.

So the way I see it is like this: We have 3 seperate groups of characters. They don't have to be in the same town, I guess they just have to meet in the end. One of the groups could be on a damn space shuttle and it crashes near the other two groups, as long as they meet in the end.

All three will have a beginning, middle and end, making it a little easier I think for the stories to make sense.

I'm thinking we write it out then get together, either in the chat here or on IM (hell, even through email) and figure out which one is chapter 1. Any other idears on this? I can get my part started today hopefully.

Now, first night, Dawn, or Day? I don't mind which one.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

United States
    I'd prefer Dawn. The fact that the dead have risen is ESTABLISHED, it is now something that needs to be dealt with.

I think we could have all our parties moving towards a shelter of some type, like the CDC maybe?... maybe just cover their road trip(s) to make it there, then have a mad twist when they finally get there...

I have a fair idea of what I'd like to do. Guess it depends on Gil's opinions. I'll wait until tomorrow to start writing anything.

Huh...this is...nostalgic

WAIT!!!...I HAVE A GREAT IDEA FOR A TWIST AT THE END. Once we establish things, I will get it over to both of you.
    Last edited by deadpunk; 27-Apr-2007 at 10:01 PM. Reason: brain fart

United States
    I'm down for that. Once Gil responds with a yay or nay we can get going.

United States
    Hahahah...sorry I was away yesterday, but it involved 2 player gaming and not alot of sleep, so it had to be taken advantage of, ya dig?

Anyway, yeah, I'm definitely down for it...mostly because I've been thinking about a story about being able to say exactly, to the letter, what I'd do and consider...never really ever bothered to do that, just did what made sense in the stories I guess...

Anyway, just PM me with the details or whatever you guys figure out...I'm just riding along on ya'lls coattails, but I'll do my best.

Just a few quick questions, if you guys have decided yet...where in the country, what time of year, how long has it been going on, and what sorts of news reports or situations around the country?

I was thinking if it's Dawn, then quite a bit of pandemonium, still some disbelief, news, radio, power, water still going...what input do you fellas have?
    Last edited by childofgilead; 28-Apr-2007 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    I agree with your synopsis of the Dawn era.

I'm up for anywhere. I'd say that there is still hope for survivors, and that the govt. is pointing folk towards camps and what not. Still an insistance that there is no need for panic...

I'd vote for FL. If thats cool with everyone. I know arc is from there, and I'm fairly familiar with that neck of the woods, myself...

Undisclosed
    Alright guys, go for it! Between all of you, what ever is cooked up is going to rock. I wish that I could have a part in this thread, but I just don't have the time right now.
    I can't wait to see what is made.

United States
    Thanks rightwing.

We need a working title for the overall story, then we can each title our own individual efforts...

I'll put out my suggestions:

Road to Hell
    Last Ditch Effort

United States
    If we use the CDC as a meeting place we could all start in our own particular necks of the woods and meet there. I'm liking DP's ideas so far, so if we do it that way we should be OK. This way our own particular stories are only affected by 2 factors: Where they end and the amount of people that wind up there.

United States
    Is there a CDC in Florida? Or, do we have to move it to a new location?

I say: you get to be incharge of a location...find Gil and I a Google Map or something and link us up! Sound fair? If we work off a true map, we run less risk of screwing the pooch...

United States
    I wish there was something i could do .
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

United States
    OK, here's the link to the ACDC.

http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&saf...local&ct=image

Reasons for my choosing this location:
    1) It's well enough know that we can get all the info we need from the internetz.
    2) In a time of plague I feel that people would be likely to search this place out.
    3) Lack of a better idea.

If we're using FL it's also relatively close; I know it takes around 8+ hours to drive from Delray Beach to Atlanta, so depending on where we each start it can definitely take up some time to get there.

I think I'm ready to start. Now I need to watch Land, Night, Dawn, and Day to get warmed up. Haven't had a zombie idea in months.

United States
    Done and done.

let the writing begin...mwhahahaha

United States
    I'm starting mine now. Got an OK scenario thought up, so we'll see how it goes. I'll PM you guys when I'm nearing the end.

Also, if you guys are on AIM still, I'll log on tomorrow around 8 or 9. Still Arcades057, I think, though I might me Incognito057... Yes, Incognito057.

United States
    Tonight is no good for me. Sorry. This is my all day/all night shift.

I like the scenario you PMed me. Good stuff. Way off the mark of what I thought you would be doing, which makes it even better.

Wonder what Gil is upto?

United States
    Even if for some reason Gilead can't do it, we can still get ours out there. Truth be told, mine is already 5 pages long, and that's just character development.

Heh, you thought I was gonna do SEAT, eh? I'm intentionally straying from it.