Thread: Dead quotes

capncnut

Dead quotes

What's the deal with the quote thingy on the main page? I don't think I've ever seen a quote outside of Land Of The Dead (mainly Pillsbury or Kaufman's) and I wondered if they were generated randomly or something? What are the Dawn quotes?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It seems like I always get Leonard Maltin's mini review of "Night".
    Last edited by bassman; 20-Dec-2006 at 12:36 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    They're supposed to be random, but occasionally that's the case with random generators and sod's law, you just end up getting the same quotes appearing all the time.

capncnut
    Saw my first Dawn quote the other day, at last. And I don't know if I was seeing things or not (you never know with me ) but I think I saw a documentary quote on there last week. WTF?

Administrator

England
    There's about 20 quotes... If you go and look at the "source" of the main page you'll see them all there...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    There should be way wore than that. Some of the most classic ones have been left out. I think when Diary is released, a revision should be in order.

Canada
    needs more quotes from day of the dead, some of the classics rhodes used for example.
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

capncnut
    "Choke on 'em! Choke on 'em!" ~Rhodes while being ripped in half.