Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Empire should have beat the Rebellion you know....

United States
    This is about Star Wars, not politics, fools...

That being said, the Empire's greatest failing, was that Palpatine used his influence to fight wars for his people. In the books it talks about how once he died at Endor, the battle was over; all the other commanders were swinging in the wind without his direction. Who was another good military leader? Piett; dead. Vader; dead. Who else was there who was at Endor?

I guess it was Pelleon, if I rememeber correctly, and didn't he lead the escape? FFS, look at the Imperial fleet! Then look at the ragtag bunch of moolies that comprise the Rebel fleet! It's like a bunch of Cold War-era ships trying to take on a modern carrier battle group.

And truthfully, if you really want to know why the Empire lost...

It was a movie.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcades057 View Post
    It was a movie.
    On one knee staring into the sky with one arm stretched upwards...
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Sorry, coma, had to burst your bubble; and at this time of year, no less! Wait until you learn the truth about Santa...

United States
    Hey, it was so much more than just a mov... Woah woah woah.... Truth about Santa? What?

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

United States
    Neeeeevermind. never shoulda mentioned it...

Canada
    Sorry exa, but the Vong are retardly over powered. come on, their armour was resistsnt to light sabers, blasters, and their ampistaffs were the same way. Talk about uninventive. And the empuire at the height of it's power would have destroyed the vong.....your talking about a galaxy spanning empire with the most powerful ships in the galaxy...a ISD was far more advanced and powerful then anything the rebels had, and one had the power to destroy whole planets.

i know it's a movie, but I love the empire to death...cept for the evil sith origins. and the vong were destroyed btw....i still hate the idea of them being retardly over powered. again, look at the armour thing....But it caused the destruction of the new republic heh, and the vong attacking imperial systems were wiped out see, if the imperials were still in position, the vong would have been destroyed.

and Admiral Thrawn was a genious....i loved the idea of cloaked asteroids around a planets orbit....I never expected that in anyway whatsoever...Timothy Zahn is a great author...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Come on guys. I know it's fun to dissect, but the truth of the matter is that the films are a morality tale of how good will always prevail over evil.

I've never read any of the books, but the main point of the films are to teach people that good is always within the heart. Just like the Superman flicks.

Just my 2 cents...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    Sorry exa, but the Vong are retardly over powered. come on, their armour was resistsnt to light sabers, blasters, and their ampistaffs were the same way. Talk about uninventive. And the empuire at the height of it's power would have destroyed the vong.....your talking about a galaxy spanning empire with the most powerful ships in the galaxy...a ISD was far more advanced and powerful then anything the rebels had, and one had the power to destroy whole planets.

i know it's a movie, but I love the empire to death...cept for the evil sith origins. and the vong were destroyed btw....i still hate the idea of them being retardly over powered. again, look at the armour thing....But it caused the destruction of the new republic heh, and the vong attacking imperial systems were wiped out see, if the imperials were still in position, the vong would have been destroyed.

and Admiral Thrawn was a genious....i loved the idea of cloaked asteroids around a planets orbit....I never expected that in anyway whatsoever...Timothy Zahn is a great author...
    Just when you think all of us are a geek at heart; someone comes along and blows that idea out of the water.

The Geek curve just got larger

Canada
    lol, i love being a nerd, it's super awesome

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    lol, i love being a nerd, it's super awesome
    Apparently your not much of a nerd....because if you were you would never say "being a nerd is super awsome"...

you would say being a nerd totally pwnzores

*sigh*

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Lord Howe Island

Nothing lasts forever..

I am sure the Roman--East and West--

The British (sorry all)--

The French...

The Nazi's---?!?!

all thought their empire would never end. No Empire has lasted forever. No Empire has lasted so long as to have its citizens lose track of when the empire started... Only the Romans seemed to span that long-- well maybe the Egyptians, but I do not classify them as an empire.

In evolutionary terms, so far the betting man should never put his shillings towards any empire lasting forever-- not at at least right now.

With the inner human spirit striving to be free it seems like there is a measurable point that the needs of the few will outweigh the goods of the many. That is ok.

While SW is but a fairy tale, I think it is a very comment about the fall of man towards total power not being as satisfying as the singular feeling of truely being free. Mankind (and in SW case) being-kind will eventually win out over even the most ardent suporters ove evil. Why? Because in almost all cases good does win over evil. In inteligent species, most of the time the majority does not look out to screw their fellow man or being. True, humans are capable of the most heinous crimes against its own kind of any known species, but all in all the majority of all peoples-- be it Christian, Jew, Muslim, or non affiliated...black, white, yellow, red or green...almost all peoples just want 1) shelter 2) food 3) to procreate-- or plain sex 4) and to be happy.

So it is not a shock that Lucas "fell the Empire"..just that in the "real" wold, it may have taken more than 20 some odd years....

oh well....

Last edited by tju1973; 27-Dec-2006 at 12:58 AM.
    War to the knife...the knife to the hilt.
    The end is f*cking nigh!!!