Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Showing my little bro Dawn for the first time...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by joeharley666 View Post
    Anyway Mike, I caught Motley with Aero last september at Camden, i know you are a fan, were you there? Awesome show, Motley blew the doors off the place and off Aero as well.
    Nah, I wanted to go but I couldn't afford it! I caught the Crue at Wachovia last winter though (an intimate evening with Motley Crue) and it was farking awesome. They had a set that was well over 2 hours long with the best stage show I've ever seen!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Think of it this way... Why are you showing a three year old this film? For his benefit or YOUR benefit?
    Well... a little bit of both.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Think of it this way... Why are you showing a three year old this film? For his benefit or YOUR benefit?
    Show your little brother Finding Nemo or something... He'll enjoy more and it's far more suitable for his little mind...

Showing him Dawn will do him no good in comparison...

Don't show him such things..... He's got plenty of time!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I think he is a bit youn, but I said it was OK becasue some, if not most, of my fond childhood memories are of my older brothers turning me on to a lot of cool stuff. They used to take pleasure in scaring me half to death (in fun, not mean). They forgot that I was much younger than them so they exposed me to (non sexual) stuff that I was maybe too young for. Rather than warp me, it gave me food for a lifetime of enriching interests. If a kid is surrounded by love and acceptence no amount of nasty art is going to change him into a bad guy. Thats just crap.
    Though some of the nightmares were pretty bad. But I thought Godzilla was just as scary as NOTLD
    So, on second thought, maybe you should be a little patient and wait a couple of years. But "Kids" stuff like Charlots web (the old one) ,Willie Wonka, or Watership Down can be way scarier to a kid than zombies.
    Usually kids get more scared if it has a "kids in trouble" element ala Jurassic Park. They cant really relate to adults but they can relate to a child.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Banned User

Aaland

Yo Mike

I saw the same show you did last winter also, but it was not at Wachovia it was in the spectrum. AWESOME show though, I have the DVD of that show also.

United States
    Anyway Mike, I caught Motley with Aero last september at Camden, i know you are a fan, were you there? Awesome show, Motley blew the doors off the place and off Aero as well.
    If by Aero you mean Aerosmith they are really excellent live, even their new ultar commercial junk. I cannot stand them and I even dislike their 70s material but boy was I surprised at them live. They are a seriously kick ass band. If they can make garbage like Love in an elevator good live, they are really talented. Still hate their records but live they are at least an 8 of 10. MAybe higher.

Dont like too much Crue, but I suspect it may be a similar situation.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I saw the same show you did last winter also, but it was not at Wachovia it was in the spectrum. AWESOME show though, I have the DVD of that show also.
    The Wachovia is The Spectrum. Remember it was Corestate's Spectrum.... until Wachovia bought them out!

Banned User

Aaland

Yeah Coma

Aerosmith is a great live band, I hate "love in an elevator" nothing but noise to me, as a matter of fact I hate anything they did after the 70's, their 70's stuff was great.But a very good live band all the same.

But Motley is an unbelievable band live, they throw the kitchen sink right at you, you walk out of the show and you are literally wiped out.I've been listening to them since 1981 when I was 15 years old and no-one never knew who they were back then. I've seen them live since 81 about 20 to 25 times. Once you see them live you are just hooked by their energy.

If by Aero you mean Aerosmith they are really excellent live, even their new ultar commercial junk. I cannot stand them and I even dislike their 70s material but boy was I surprised at them live. They are a seriously kick ass band. If they can make garbage like Love in an elevator good live, they are really talented. Still hate their records but live they are at least an 8 of 10. MAybe higher.

Dont like too much Crue, but I suspect it may be a similar situation.

Undisclosed

I showed my son Dawn...

When he was about 6 months old...he didnt mind.

I dont think anything is wrong with them watching dawn at 3 honestly.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    3?! bloody hell ...

As long as you think he's capable of dealing and he's having fun and not fainting in shock ... still though ... three? ... Damn.

I was fifteen when I finally got to see it! (Started watching horror flicks aged 9)
    I do not think a child that age will understand what he is seeing anyways at that age

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by OddDNA View Post
    When he was about 6 months old...he didnt mind.

I dont think anything is wrong with them watching dawn at 3 honestly.

First one to show their kid Dawn of the Dead while they're still in the womb wins the collective floored jaws of the HPOTD community!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

First one to show their kid Dawn of the Dead while they're still in the womb wins the collective floored jaws of the HPOTD community!
    And they're off!

Undisclosed
    I'm showing my three year old brother Dawn Of The Dead for the first time. He's really into it. Watching his facial expressions during certain scenes is great. He's five years younger than I was when I first saw the movie.

Does anybody feel three years old is too young to be viewing this film?
    Don't sweat it. I was 4 when I watched Creepshow and I turned out fine. Well, the roach story screwed me up for many years.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah i was 4 when i saw the shining and that didnt creep me out, the howling did though, only film i saw were i needed the hall light on when i whent to bed.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Don't sweat it. I was 4 when I watched Creepshow and I turned out fine. Well, the roach story screwed me up for many years.
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    yeah i was 4 when i saw the shining and that didnt creep me out, the howling did though, only film i saw were i needed the hall light on when i whent to bed.
    And was it your peers or parents who performed this excellent example of nurchering?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    My dad actually. Creepshow was making its debut on Showtime back around '82 or '83. Neither one of us knew anything about it other than it was a horror movie. So, we watched it together. But that movie is pretty tame compared to a number of other movies around that time and much later.