Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Night Of The Living Dead '07 Trailer

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    too be fair wether you dont like it or not its his movie so if people tell him what to change or take out it wont be his own anymore.
    Not true... After I would edit sequences of DEADLANDS I would show it to the cast & crew and get their feedback to see what was missing or needed tweaking. I take a lot of comments to heart because I am not the final end user of the film. I can put my heart and soul into the film to make it mine, but I also want the audience to enjoy it. The audience is what counts wthout them there is no reason to make a movie.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    A movie wouldn't be yours if you asked a bunch of other people to essentially write segments or give large ideas that you end up using, then it's not really yours.

The sort of thing we're talking about here is like audience previews of films and the filmmakers get cards back from people in the focus group that say what the average punter thought of the film, and then if there's something the filmmaker didn't see that really needs changing (or something they thought worked, but in actuality doesn't work for anyone in the general populace) they can take the choice to change things.

Back at uni when I was doing a lot of heavy (no, not petting ) experimenting with short films and most importantly the "Uni Video" series of films, I got a lot of feedback from my housemates, who are said average audience punters.

It also helps to view the work of your peers (as in people on the same sort of filmmaking level as you are) and see what they're up to. When I was at the Bloodbath Film Festival last month getting "VHS" screened, I watched the work of my peers very closely and saw what worked and noted audience reaction. I viewed the films of others as if I was just the ordinary punter and went with my gut, initial feelings - then took those feelings and looked at them with my normal filmmaker way of looking at things, to then interpret into my own work.

*sigh* A mouthful? You're damn right!

Undisclosed
    good luck witht he remake man,

trailer looks sweet
    Homepageofthedeader since 2002

United States
    Are you going to get this into the Blockbuster stores? The one I work at gets a lot of indy films like this so let us know where it will be available.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Dead

Undisclosed
    Your previews look pretty interesting, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled when it comes out. Question for you though...in the begining at the cemetary. Is the one zombie running? Looked like a guy in a white shirt was running holding his neck, then was trying to pull the driver out of the car.

Just curiosity, because your zombies appear to be the walking/stumbling type as the trailer goes on. Perhaps its just my hangover playing tricks on me.

Best of luck, good work.

Undisclosed

Thumbs up

It all looks good to me, but what do I know? I'm just a big zombie fan that takes his "zombie fix" anywhere he can get it. The trailer has my attention, can't wait to see the flick.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJonas190 View Post
    Are you going to get this into the Blockbuster stores? The one I work at gets a lot of indy films like this so let us know where it will be available.
    It'll be totally self released through my house, lol...so if you'd like to pick up a copy from my household, go right ahead

Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    Your previews look pretty interesting, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled when it comes out. Question for you though...in the begining at the cemetary. Is the one zombie running? Looked like a guy in a white shirt was running holding his neck, then was trying to pull the driver out of the car.

Just curiosity, because your zombies appear to be the walking/stumbling type as the trailer goes on. Perhaps its just my hangover playing tricks on me.

Best of luck, good work.
    The guy you see running isn't dead, all the zombies in the movie are slow moving shamblers.

Undisclosed
    my god it look so cheap and amateurish...
    why waste so much time and effort to make an indie remake of night of the living dead anyway?? i find it so sad that people put so much effort for doing that kind of movie.. please try something new !!! Did'nt we had enough with that 3D NOLD remake last year??

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by lobotomie View Post
    why waste so much time and effort to make an indie remake of night of the living dead anyway?? i find it so sad that people put so much effort for doing that kind of movie.. please try something new !!! Did'nt we had enough with that 3D NOLD remake last year??
    Man I've been trying "something new" for the last 3 and half years, give me a break, let me have some fun.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    geez, that sounds like a nice guy

Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by lobotomie View Post

so, your very first post on HpotD and that's all you can come up with?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    maybe its uwe boll and he's jealous

United States
    Hehehe
    Besides, Cheap amd Amateurish doesnt mean bad. But I dont think that . I think it looks very good.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    aye so do i, from what ive seen of this guys stuff its got a little bit of se7en's vibe in his work, if he had more money i reckon his films would be a lot darker, i think he should try proper serious stuff, he did that zombie one were one guy had a terminal illness right?, you could do a serious short on just that itself.

capncnut
    You know what man, I could totally believe that.