Thread: Romero Article

United States

Romero Article

IN the years I have been a member here, I have seen many posts that start "Dont know if this has been posted before, but....." but to my memory, I have never posted one myself. Well, there is a first time for everything.

I Dont know if this has been posted before or not, but I found a very interesting article/series of articles about GAR. They are very informative, and for those who have not read "The Zombies That Ate Pitttsburgh", gives a lot of background info on GAR's beginnings. To see it, click the link.

http://www1.phillyburbs.com/romero/

Banned User

United States
    That was a great interview/sound clip and the article Philly posted was awesome. I do not have time to read it at the moment in its entirety but I have to quote part of it for it took the words out of my mouth:

Although best known for his "Living Dead" zombie films, Romero's real story is in his determination to maintain his independence in an arena dominated by big studio mediocrity and corporate thinking. Each of the directors in this series share one commonality - they were all guided by a deep personal vision that they pursued with almost single-minded purpose. All of these stories follow their own arc, from success beyond imagining to ignobility, alcoholism and death. Of all of them, however, Romero alone has kept truest to himself, unbroken and uncompromised. For my money, that makes him the most successful of them all.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    not bad ,and no i dont think its been posted before, so dont go into meltdown mode man

capncnut
    Pretty good link there, great interview.

United States
    Excellent Link. I thank you for bringing this to my attention. And If it was posted earlier, I didnt see it. Actually I hate that "This was posted 2 years ago, you newb" crap. That is the height of nerdism and should be crushed with extreme predjudice.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers