Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: editing dream machine

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ive been using a macpro since november for my degree, soooo much better than a pc i cant stress it enough, its like the difference, capabilities wise, between a GBA and a PSP, plus its much more user friendly.

United States
    WOW is my second life!
    In fact, my server is down that's why I'm on the boards atm

I just got a MAC and it's great so far. No complaints.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    WOW is my second life!
    In fact, my server is down that's why I'm on the boards atm

I just got a MAC and it's great so far. No complaints.
    i enjoy it but ive never found it addictive myself, i mean its great fun to run around darkshire withmy dwarf paladin killing skeletons and zombies (i know...just let it go folks...) but i wouldnt play it every day.

Being Attacked

United States
    I have a friend who lived at my place for 8 months last year who was totally addicted to WoW.

I got him a job at my girlfriends families restaurant and that's all he did was work there, then come home and smoke pot and play WoW.

Needless to say, he doesn't live here anymore.

In my house, the basement is the designated "Dungeon for the technologically inclined".
    It has everything anyone would need to do whatever they wanted to do(within reason of course). It's not a Hollywood editing room or anything, but you could cut a smaller scale film there, color grade it, then output it to DVD or tape.
    I have a couple older broadcast monitors I got for free.
    I have a few other friends who have a key and they'll come and go when they need to use the resources here, but they are actually accomplishing things for work or education.
    This guy abused the resources available. He claimed to want to learn things so he could get better educated and do something with computer graphics.
    All he did was ate food, smoked weed, drank coffee and soda, and played WoW.
    It was amazing to me that he would stay awake for days playing that game.
    I've been known to be awake for days trying to finish a project or something.

But with him, he would do it and not actually accomplish a thing outside of improving his characters abilities.

It's one thing to not sleep when trying to accomplish something, but when you're that addicted to a game, there's probably bigger issues going on internally.

Don't misunderstand me, that wasn't the sole reason I had to ask him to move on, but it kind of represents the problem pretty completely.

Being Attacked

United States
    Just to clarify, I don't have anything against smoking weed.
    I smoke myself.

But when someone smokes so much they dissolve any ambition they have to do anything besides what's needed to get weed, there's a problem.
    <<<<<DISCLAIMER>>>>>
    My personality and opinions are a facade, carefully constructed to make everyone think that I believe any of this is real.