Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr.Logan and the lasting death

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Dr.Logan and the lasting death

This has probably been discussed many times here before, but whats your take on the whole Logan staying dead bit. He doesn't seem to take any head shots and yet after what must be an hour or so, he remains dead in the cooler for bub to discover. Did I just miss the head shot? Is the head shot understood? Or is this just a quiet nod to the "THE END" bit in the original script?

England
    I think he, alone, stayed down in the deep mine (or whatever) where as everybody else went outside at some point (I think all the military went to the surface for the funeral of 'Major Cooper' (a ref to first film?).
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    He just hadn't turned yet. We didn't actually see anyone turn in Day, except for that Private's head. And that was like a few hours after he had died.

So my theory? Logan just hadn't turned yet.

capncnut
    The last shot of Logan's death is a back view. Maybe he copped a headshot then, who knows? I think I'm gonna have to go along with Ned on this one.

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by niiru View Post
    He doesn't seem to take any head shots and yet after what must be an hour or so, he remains dead in the cooler for bub to discover. Did I just miss the head shot? Is the head shot understood?
    1: The time ammount of time that actually passed on screen between Logan being shot, and Bub discovering his body was only thirteen minutes.

2: The event's that unfold during those thirteen minutes are almost all acted out simultaneously and are happening at the same time.

With that in mind, i think it is fair to say that in real time the events would only require twenty to thirty minutes maximum to take place, rather than "an hour or so". Also, remember that Logan had fallen inside a cold storage unit, which could possibly, though doubtfully, have slowed down the reanimation process.

You could raise the case that one of the bullet's MIGHT have ricocheted off the metal door frame and hit old frankenstein in the back of the head, but the most commonly accepted belief regarding this question is what has been stated above and below.

He just hadn't turned yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    The last shot of Logan's death is a back view.
    Yeah, true.

But that last shot (the ONLY shot from behind) is just an up close, and "all black" silhouette, you can not make out any detail, and only the upper torso is in shot, you can't even see his head.

Post death Logan is lying on his back staring up at the ceiling. Again, you can't even see the back of his head!

The fact that the back of Logan's head was never shown, was most probably the original cause of the ricochet theory.
    Last edited by Deadman_Deluxe; 26-Dec-2006 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah hes dead, hes, all messed up.

United States
    What type of relationship would Frankenstein have had with Bub if he did come back?

If Johnson's severed head managed to become reanimated, perhaps the same could have happened with the heads of Rickles, Torrez or Rhodes if they had remained intact.

Italy

heads

except we know there was nothing left of those heads. Also I tend to agree with the cold slowing reanimation theory.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe View Post
    1: The time ammount of time that actually passed on screen between Logan being shot, and Bub discovering his body was only thirteen minutes.

2: The event's that unfold during those thirteen minutes are almost all acted out simultaneously and are happening at the same time.

With that in mind, i think it is fair to say that in real time the events would only require twenty to thirty minutes maximum to take place, rather than "an hour or so". Also, remember that Logan had fallen inside a cold storage unit, which could possibly, though doubtfully, have slowed down the reanimation process.

You could raise the case that one of the bullet's MIGHT have ricocheted off the metal door frame and hit old frankenstein in the back of the head, but the most commonly accepted belief regarding this question is what has been stated above and below.

He just hadn't turned yet.

Yeah, true.

But that last shot (the ONLY shot from behind) is just an up close, and "all black" silhouette, you can not make out any detail, and only the upper torso is in shot, you can't even see his head.

Post death Logan is lying on his back staring up at the ceiling. Again, you can't even see the back of his head!

The fact that the back of Logan's head was never shown, was most probably the original cause of the ricochet theory.
    Cant say it any better than this.

Just been bitten

Scotland

The aftermath in the bunker

I have for some time, always thought that the reanimated logan was hinted at during the aftermath scene in the bunker. After everyone has been gruesomely dispatched by the zombies, there is a scene where the camera follows a hunched zombie in a white coat carrying a limb on the other side of the mesh fence as the moans of its like fill the bunker. I am sure it's right before Sarah, McDermott and John run towards the helicopter. Give it a look.

Although it is unclear, I like to assume it is he.

capncnut
    After initially being blown away by your post, I decided to pop Day in the disc tray to check it out. It's not Logan, I'm afraid. The zombie with the limb is wearing a white shirt (not coat) and he has a thick head of black hair. Watched the scene 10 times and I'm absolutely certain. Anyone else check it out?

Just been bitten

Scotland
    Oh well, that has blown apart my belief.

Ummm... I will now go with the 'not yet reanimated theory' LOL

United States
    I can't remember, was it a cooler or a freezer that he fell into? If it was a freezer then maybe his body froze and wasn't able to reanimate.

United States
    One possibilty that wasnt mentioned is that, even though Rhodes filled his torso with lead, Logan couldv'e clung on for a short time out cold. No one checked him becasue they went dorectly to the corral. Sarah was going to run to him, but was stopped. If he even hung on for 10 minutes that would be enough.
    It took Abe Lincoln a day (I think ) after taking a shot right to the dome.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Christmas Island
    After reading these responses, I'm wondering why Bub was upset at seeing Logan dead in the freezer. Is it because he saw something the audience couldn't? I think Bub had a sense of the phenomenon based on how he dispatched Rhodes, if he would've been ignorant of it Bub would've slogged up to Rhodes and continued to shoot him until empty, so he might have been able to assume that Logan would revive at some point unless there was an injury he could see that would prevent that.

Then again maybe I'm reading too much into this and Bub was nothing more than an upset pet.