Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NOTLD: Survivors cut?

United States
    Why does everyone always cry about the public domain of Night ?

It is what it is.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post

It is what it is.
    Who cried about it?

United States

Undisclosed

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post

It is what it is.
    sounds like we have ourselves a revolutionary!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't think anyone is losing sleep over it, but it's just unfortunate that the creators of one of the great film classics don't get to see as much cash from it as they should.

Undisclosed
    I'm totally crying that Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter is public domain these days! IT IS INJUSTICE!

Rowsdower... Zap Rowsdower!

"I sensed that with my hair. My hair's an elaborate network of nerves, constantly processing information."

United States
    now if there is a film alive today that deserves a proper remake ....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Who cried about it?
    I think that was me.

Let's cut to the chase. I'm thinking of the average consumer. Not everybody is "in the know" as to which version of Night of the Living Dead is the best to get. People around here can read the posted thread as to which dvd they should be getting.

However, a casual viewer who doesn't know of this site may walk into a movie shop or head for a place like Amazon (or even Ebay) to find Night of the Living Dead. Maybe it is for themselves or somebody else. It isn't like you can trust every review on a web site. Many Amazon reviews (and reviewers) are bupkus, pure and simple. Then again, half the products you find from small companies either don't have any reviews at all or feature reviews from people reviewing the wrong version of a given product (director's cut vs widescreen theater version or original version versus some reissue).

I don't lose sleep over it. However, it doesn't sit well that well-meaning people might end up purchasing a version of Night of the Living Dead pieced together (and tampered with) by someone living in his parent's basement, sitting on a rented sofa with pizza stains on his pj's and holes in his socks. All while thinking it is legitimate. It is crazy to think that type of stuff is being sold online through a site like Amazon, which in itself means you can find it about anywhere.

I'd sooner buy a budget priced copy of Night at a dollar store (and I've seen them there), because at least you are getting the film as originally intended, bottom line, and I don't care what John Russo has to say about that! It isn't all about who gets the money or even the picture quality (seeing that some versions of the 68' look better than others), it is also about seeing the movie as GAR laid it out and not some huckster who probably wasn't even born in 68'.

When it comes to the money, though, I am sure there are "fan versions/edits" of Night, which can be seen (or downloaded) online free of charge, that are probably a damn sight better than what this dude churned out, whoever he is.

Thankfully, I just looked and it is not available on Amazon or Ebay. Still posted on Amazon but no way to buy it.