Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOTLD: Survivors cut?

Kazakhstan

NOTLD: Survivors cut?

sorry to be a tard, but i have no idea what this is...

http://imdb.com/title/tt0496361/

anyone seen it? as bad as it sounds?

Undisclosed
    That's the first I have heard of it. I'm curious, too.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by amazon.com
    Night of the Living Dead SURVIVOR'S CUT by Dean Lachiusa is a fast-paced, contemporary revision of the classic horror film that has generated a flurry of attention. Here's what the critics are saying: Creature-Corner(Dave Dreher) "...Lachiusa also applies an interesting use of color to enhance the story ...it is almost like watching a different film ...It really is worth your time."Cinescape Magazine (News Editor) "...Lachiusa has added a new beginning and various new elements including flashbacks to show more about Barbara and Johnny, along with some radio broadcasts to flesh out the story a bit more." Diabolical-Dominion (Steven ReAnimator) "...Earlier today I stumbled across an amazing piece of 'history' as it were ...with a new begining, flashbacks of the story of Johnny and Barbara, addition of color to enhance certain scenes ...it really is quite a sight..." Dread Central (Ryan Rotten) "...I know you savvy Romero completists out there will be interested in checking this out..." Product Description. Night of the Living Dead SURVIVOR'S CUT by Dean Lachiusa is a fast-paced, contemporary revision of the classic horror film that has generated a flurry of critical acclaim. With 72 minutes of face-paced thrills, the film is digitally enhanced with NEW footage and special effects. Lachiusa digitally created new camera-angles which provide perspective and abstract-color that is used to flesh out the mood of the film at just the right time. Night of the Living Dead Survivor's Cut is a unique edit of the classic horror film that documents the events that took place during this most infamous and gruesome record of human reanimation. The "Survivors Cut" is a must see for any movie lover, especially classic-film, horror, goth, gore and drive-in movie fans. If you enjoy movies like Evil Dead or George Romero's NOTLD Millennium Edition, then you'll appreciate this salute to the classics. A great Zombie flick for Halloween too!
    sounds like another 30th anniversary edition to me.

Undisclosed
    Hold on. They can't put Evil Dead and Night crappy edition in the same category of greatness. That's just wrong. So in other words, if you hate Night crappy edition then you'll probably hate this version, too.

United States
    The beauty of public domain *snorts loudly*

I was thinking of starting a similar thread awhile back when I first saw it listed on Amazon.com, but spent some time researching this "movie" then eventually came to the conclusion it was likely just another hackjob. I hear some people gave it favorable reviews, though.

ViP

United States
    It is a good fan edit, not anything near the vein that the 30th anniversary edition tapped into. Download it somewhere. It is public domain and this dude is making cash on it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    How can that guy be listed as the sole director? The director does a hell of a lot more than "edit" the film.

capncnut
    I wasn't too appalled by NOTLD 30th so I would be quite interested to check this out.

72 Mins? Now that's what I call fast-paced!
    Last edited by capncnut; 28-Dec-2006 at 07:21 PM.

Undisclosed

Cool i c....

i could give to shiits about barb and johnny's flashback,but the other stuff seems cool!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i smell another 30th anniversary ****e-fest.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    sorry to be a tard, but i have no idea what this is...

http://imdb.com/title/tt0496361/

anyone seen it? as bad as it sounds?
    Nah, you're not a tard. The only tards around here are the folks who use someone else's work as their own canvas and have the gall to sell it on Amazon.com I've seen that Survivor's Cut listed on there for sale.

Public domain or not, it is all a little bit creepy. I'm almost certain the original (or at least the best known) versions of Little Shop of Horrors and House on Haunted Hill are both public domain movies, like Night of the Living Dead. Yet you don't see these same fly-by-night crooks rereleasing, reshooting, editing or hacking those babies to pieces and then offering them up for sale to someone who may be shopping online for a legitimate release to give to a friend or relative or to add to their own dvd collection. A travesty, I tell ya.
    Last edited by Brubaker; 29-Dec-2006 at 04:53 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    thats cus the others would require more work than a house some people and some face paints

ViP

United States
    There is no additional footage accept for some shots of a venus probe. No new zombies, this is nothing like the 30th. It is a fun watch. The only issue I have with it is the dude is trying to make money off of it. He should host a torrent download of it and be honored that anyone would care to look at it.

Kazakhstan
    cheers for the posts guys.

how about a democratically edited HPOTD edition of NOTLD...ie exactly the same as the original, there only to balance out the growing number of ****ted up versions that exist (i count 4 so far, colourised,n30, survivors cut, and there's a cut up version with the new music from n30 but not the new scenes that bensonsworld.co.uk used to give away for free).

a nice, cleaned up, VIDfired edition of Hpotd would be nice. although there is something to be said for the pops & crackles of an old print...

Undisclosed

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    There is no additional footage accept for some shots of a venus probe. No new zombies, this is nothing like the 30th. It is a fun watch. The only issue I have with it is the dude is trying to make money off of it. He should host a torrent download of it and be honored that anyone would care to look at it.

speaking of probe's,someone should probe the asshole reponsible for this pile of dung!!