Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All time worst Romero remake/rip-off?

Undisclosed

All time worst Romero remake/rip-off?

Although not a official remake, Bill Hinzman's "Flesheater" is a pathetic remake/reimaging of NOTLD. For years I've heard about this no budget wonder, and finally got to see it. What was the point? To take my money? I answered my own question.

I'm sure someone here has seen a worse remake/blatant rip-off of one of Romero's films. I've learned over the years that no matter how low things can become, someone else will always surprise you with a new low.
    "Move over, boys. I'm one of the gang now." - Mantan Moreland

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Never seen "Flesheater", but even though "Night: 30th Anniversary" still has a good portion of the original classic, it's pretty friggin bad.

Outside of that, I would probably say that Dawn04 is the worst. We haven't seen the new Day, though.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed

children

of the living dead is worthless.

United States
    If were talking about literal Romero rip-offs; NOTLD 07 is looking pretty bad. (no offense)

Undisclosed
    Night of the Living Dead 3D appear to be the worst offender. As much as I love Mattei's Hell of the Living Dead for just how sucktacular it is I think it was the godfather of stealing blatantly from Dawn of the Dead.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoGunBob View Post
    Night of the Living Dead 3D appear to be the worst offender. As much as I love Mattei's Hell of the Living Dead for just how sucktacular it is I think it was the godfather of stealing blatantly from Dawn of the Dead.
    Anytime the words '3-D' are used; you gotta brace yourself for s ****fest.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Anytime the words '3-D' are used; you gotta brace yourself for s ****fest.
    James Cameron will be changing that pretty soon.

Undisclosed
    Comin' At Ya! was a great film! I mean everything was... comin' at ya! What a 3D experience!*

*Okay, it sucked as well but I was really trying to see a positive aspect to 3D.

Rowsdower... Zap Rowsdower!

"I sensed that with my hair. My hair's an elaborate network of nerves, constantly processing information."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    James Cameron will be changing that pretty soon.
    I hope so

I've bearing a ton of him pimping the new technology. Have you seen it ?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    night 30th easy, they only added around 5 scenes and its the most hated version because of that, then you know its bad.

capncnut
    Children Of The Living Dead by far. Shame really 'cos the first ten minutes was pretty amazing.

Beware of Abbot Hayes.

ViP

Undisclosed
    FleshEater ... pretty bad but if watched with one eye closed and Hinzman's involvement is ignored, it's at least watchable. What I really hated besides the grotesque plagiarism was how Hinzman conveniently arranged for the majority of his kill scenes to involve a girl whom he could molest as he murdered.

Night of the Zombies (AKA Hell of the Living Dead) ... I remember being amazed at the fact that this film not only had a scene similar to the Building 107 one of Dawn, but that they even got the same nifty blue uniforms! Probably lifted from the wardrobe line in pittsburgh. And the icing on the dog dropping ... using Zombi for the soundtrack ... !!!

Children of the Living Dead ... after the first scene (watchable, even promising) all I kept asking was WHY? In the first place, WTF was the title about? The plot's tie to children was no more relevant than it was even present. And what was with every scene's audio being dubbed in? The entire film's dialogue was often out of sync and God-zira style. And Abbott Hayes ... dude, I think the film would've done better if they advertised Anjelica Huston's reprisal of her Grand High Witch role from "The Witches" ...

Undisclosed
    I remember seeing a scene from Flesheaters on the 30th anniversary NOTLD video (does the DVD version have more of it?), and to be honest, i thoght it was pretty cool. Bill picking up the girl after she opens the door and, obviously, eating her face like corn on the cob, was prety cool.

WHere can i find/download for free (Im poor), Flesheaters?

Just about any italian zombie movie is s h i t, i watched Fulci's City of the Living Dead (no offense to the Maestro), and it ws horrible. Zombies appearing from out of nowhere, zombies killing people by staring at them and making them bleed out their eyes and puking their guts out (classic Gianetto DI Rossi), but all you hve to do is stab them i nthe stomach and they die, WTF?!?!?!?

Romero is the master of zombie movies, period.
    Sex, blood, rock and roll...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Definitely between Children of the Living Dead and that monstrosity Night 30 edition...

I remember seeing Children and thinking, oh my god....I couldn't believe it. Student movies like that shouldn't see the light of day. I remember the director writing to someone who'd written a damning review on the movie and he even agreed it was a piece of trash, dogged by unrealistic standards of film making by some amature girl who stuck her nose into the whole production process...

and Night 30 edition....man that was just laughable...what a silly idea.

The bottom line is, no one does it like Romero...

Canada
    Day of the dead contagium is pretty nasty...I dunno if u count it as a romero rip off or what but it is called Day of the Dead Contagium