Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: time magazine call the ps3 a flop

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    After just scanning through the posts.....does anyone here even have a PS3?

Andy has a good point that Sony has a good grip on the media and all.....but it does seem to be lagging behind. I know everyone and their brother had a PS2, though. Except me, that is.

I've never liked the look of Playstation games. The graphics look sort of "choppy" to me. Almost like someone took tiny rectangles and glued them all over the screen. Other systems have never looked this way to me. I don't really know how to describe it, but I think Playstation games just don't look as good as others....

*ducks to avoided the impending stoning*
    now i may not like the ps3 but that dont mean i dont think the ps2 is a great console, cus it is, im getting a new one son, cus there like 80 quid with 4 games at my local gamestation and for 20 bucks you can get like 5 games a pop, since i got rid of mine 3 years ago theres a damn good election fo games, particluarly horror to get on that console now its so damn cheap.

Administrator

England
    Here's a couple of arguments for the PS3, and good ones too imho, from another forums i visit.

im not a PS3 fanboy (i own a 360), im not a fanboy of any console.. now i know the PS3 isnt popular around here but guys, seriously.. the sony bashing is going too far, it got tiresome a long time, so think we can knock it on the head for abit?

I just wanted to voice my opinion on this topic, because at least those on the comments sections on *** forums just can't stand anyone who likes the PS3 over the 360.

To start, I wanted to say. I do NOT hate the 360, I don't think it's a crappy system at all. All I'vever said was that I like the PS3 more and because of that I'm going to get one. It really shows insane insecurities when I try to voice my opinion and all I get is "SONY FANBOY" and crappy, and I mean CRAPPY connections. When I say crappy, I mean crap like "these bad Cell yields for Sony are huge trouble, Sony will be bought by 2010". I hate those comments. People just make these terrible, naive connections, it's almost painful, seriously.

Now to more in depth stuff.

PS3's controller has a tilt function...that does NOT mean that Sony sucks and is a bunch of copy cats (a third grader word, but a word I've heard from people here non the less). The tilt function is an amazing idea, it could change FPS forever. Instead of two joysticks, you can tilt the controller to aim and the joystick to move around. Why would Sony not want to implement a great idea? God knows. Too bad Microsoft didn't think of it huh? I would also say that it's really lame to diss the boomerang-shaped PS3 controller, then when it's changed back search for resons to diss the new one (like, Sony is a copy cat...wtf? lol)

Regarding the PS3 price. It's high, it's unfortunate and it let everyone who wanted a PS3 down big time. Was it expected? yes and no, because of all the rumors floating around. However, why does every site maintain that the PS3 is more expensive because it's more powerful and has more features? BECAUSE IT'S TRUE. Pro-360 users always try to steer away from the fact that the PS3 is just more powerful and has better features. Um hello? Blu-ray? It's going to be $100 for an HD DVD drive for your 360...that makes the actual price difference just $100. Then you factor in how incredibly high the prices were on eBay because of the 360's *ahem depondant release (no one could get one.) Then there's the Cell...it's more powerful. You can talk about the G71 being slower in the 360 GPU, but realize that the Cell does work on the graphics, right? Like...the graphics engine? I could launch into a huge debate about what the Cell does, but most of you either wouldn't understand or would lay down some techno crap of your own.

So it's obvious that the PS3 is more powerful, because a lot of people say it won't make a difference. Then when I say it does they say to prove it, saying the console's not out yet. All I can say to that is 1: with 7-8 months left, we'll see MUCH better in-game videos (that's a DUH) and 2: The difference between the two will more likely become apparent later, when these consoles are really unlocked.

Regarding pro-PC people...if you think that a PC is worth the money for gaming compared to a console, you're just stupid. If you want a computer that can run games like those of the PS3, 360, and Wii, you're going to be paying THOUSANDS of dollars! How is that a better deal than $300-600 max? Makes ABSOLUTELY no sense. Especially since the next-gen consoles have USB ports, so you can use the console with a mouse and keyboard, just like a PC. I have nothing else to say to PC kids.

I don't have a whole lot to say about the games for these consoles except that, from what I've seen, the few games that are PS3-only are just too good to pass up. The 360's got Halo 3 now. Ok for one thing, Halo is a kid game. Complete with crappy story, a macho shiny armor guy as a main character, and lots of flashes of light and lots of color. Enough about Halo. PS3's games just look better. Gran Turismo, Virtua Fighter, FF13, etc. All the 360 counterparts of PS3 games are just bad. Project Gothem is a kiddie racing game, for people that like Lambos and other million-dollar cars. Gran Turismo is a more grown-up racer. Forza is ok, but it's just not as good. Enough about games though, since it's mostly opinion.

Let's not leave out the Wii. The Wii looks great. It'll be cheap, and a great console for younger folks (like the 360.) I'm getting the Wii for my little brother, he's excited about it. The controller idea is amazing, and I'm definately stealing my bro's Wii to play any new Zelda title that comes out. Wii's not only for little kids, it has lots of other cool games coming out. Of course, there's lots of bathroom jokes one can make about Wii, like "play with my Wii" and stuff. If you think that's funny, you probably play Halo. There's also the fact that the controller is shaped like a...certain tool used by woman and some men. Then there's the fact that it vibrates. Ok that's kind of funny, but it's no reason not to buy one.

I'm not going to make a conclusion, read the whole post and respond as you see fit. I didn't use the word fanboy (I don't think) here so I'd rather you all not use it. It's an angering word. We're all part of a gaming community here, there's way too much flaming going on in the comments sections.

Peace,

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed

lol... Let 'em bash the PS3

I own a grand total of 16 console systems, two PCs and one Mac powerbook. I know which one is the best. What you see from most box boys is a severe case of penis envy. I admit, I like xbox live's dashboard better and thus far, the 360 has better games. Nobody is disputing that. But as someone that keeps on the up and up, and the fact that PS3 has already sold one million consoles in North America since its launch on the 17th of November, I know the PS3 will continue to improve. We already have a big firmware update slated for March that will drastically overhaul the Playstation store and let those of us running YDL 5.0 on our PS boxes update the drivers for our Nvidia cards.

In short, let me quote 311: "**** the naysayers 'cause they don't mean a thing. This is what style we bring."

The guy with the biggest mouth is Captknut. He's 35 and takes this **** way too seriously from the comfort of his "mum's" basement. He's the perfect example of your box boy. Old and unemployed. Me, on the other hand, represent the future. Rich, successful and refuse to give blind obedience to one brand or the other. The 360 is the best now, but the PS3 will be the best tomorrow. And that's just the way it is. And the ramblings of Captknut and the like aren't going to change the inevitable.

Hey Captknut. Hit the lights, ya freak!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    The guy with the biggest mouth is Captknut. He's 35 and takes this **** way too seriously from the comfort of his "mum's" basement. He's the perfect example of your box boy. Old and unemployed. Me, on the other hand, represent the future. Rich, successful and refuse to give blind obedience to one brand or the other. The 360 is the best now, but the PS3 will be the best tomorrow. And that's just the way it is. And the ramblings of Captknut and the like aren't going to change the inevitable.

Hey Captknut. Hit the lights, ya freak!
    Ease off the personal attacks too, i beleive you have already been warned by our moderators and you wont be warned again, ask anyone who knows me.

we dont take kindly to flaming here.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    you just really dont know when to quit do you, its a frikkin games console for christ's sake, each is entitled to his own opinion verbally attacking somkeone for not haveing the same view as you is retarded, and this is not the first time youve done it, hell not even the first time in this thread alone, grow up and just leave people be. do you expect people to be impressed by your attempt at online bravado?, cus from my point of view you sound like a little kid in a one man argument.
    once again im saying just leave it be, you like the ps3, good for you no-ones trying to change your mind, but for some unkown reason you gotta keep shooting your mouth off anf talking trash to people, what the hell are you trying to prove?

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    you just really dont know when to quit do you, its a frikkin games console for christ's sake, each is entitled to his own opinion verbally attacking somkeone for not haveing the same view as you is retarded, and this is not the first time youve done it, hell not even the first time in this thread alone, grow up and just leave people be. do you expect people to be impressed by your attempt at online bravado?, cus from my point of view you sound like a little kid in a one man argument.
    once again im saying just leave it be, you like the ps3, good for you no-ones trying to change your mind, but for some unkown reason you gotta keep shooting your mouth off anf talking trash to people, what the hell are you trying to prove?
    Hellsing: zzzzzzzzzzz's. Do you ever log off? You're like a one trick pony. Get some sleep, already!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Ease off the personal attacks too, i beleive you have already been warned by our moderators and you wont be warned again, ask anyone who knows me.

we dont take kindly to flaming here.
    This is like a bad episode of Attack of the Killer Brits or something. I bet a Benjamin, if I went after an American, you wouldn't have said anything.
    Last edited by Chaos; 10-Jan-2007 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yes we would have. ever heard of the idea of treating all people equal?

Administrator

England
    You were warned becuase im the sheriff around. dosn't matter if you go for a yank or a brit or a chinesse man, i'll pull you on it.

This topic is closed until further and chaos, i'll see you in 24 hours. consider this a "firm" warning.