Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Preferred weapons for a Zombie Crisis

Dying

Undisclosed
    tju1973said
    I used to reload several boxes an hour while drinking beer and smoking up in high school, and I never had a round that gave me issues.
    Shame, shame on you for smoking near powder.

Haiti
    Quote Originally Posted by tju1973 View Post
    Realisticaly(sp?), you need high capacity, reliabilty, and readiness of ammo. Sorry to say Europe, you are proverbaly(sp?) screwed. I would try for an odd shotgun or stick to machetes and bludgeoning weapons. Britain, you are really screwed-- gun laws and all.

The US and to an extent Mexico, Mid East, Far east (Vietnam, Thailand, Phillipines, etc) Latin America, Africa, nd maybe the remotness of certain islands that can sustain life will be better suited.

Granted the US is more violent, but the lax gun laws, especially in the South would mean a greater portion of the populace can defend themselves at range.

That being said, pick something in NATO 5.56/.223 in a ranged weapon, .45ACP, 9mmPB, or even .38 Special and .357 MAG in the US would mean you could raid any Wal-Mart and stock up. 12 GA is really great for cole in defense-- get a #4 Pheasant/duck load and you do devastating davage close in with little chance of "friendly fire" casualties. Plus reloading 12 GA is an easy prospect, even for the novice. I used to reload several boxes an hour while drinking beer and smoking up in high school, and I never had a round that gave me issues.

So I would choose (as mentioned before) an M4 Ar-15 carbine-- in the A2 config for a mid range weapon. I would take my .45XD for shorter range damage. A good 22oz claw hammer will suffice for good skull penetration up close and personal. I picked a warhammer n my fantasy, but realistically the 22oz clawhammer is lights, powerful and can be found at any hardware store/Home Depot/Wal-Mart--

Wear long sleeves-- try to get a real leather (not-- NOT Corinthian!!!) jacket, good work boots- steel toes preferred but not really needed, good Levis-- not cheapo-- denim pants, and good light leather gloves. Keep moving, travek light and find a good ready supplied position and keep quiet.

Stay alert, stay alive....

zvxzfdbfxgnhgcmkmh,j.kl
    Last edited by Chakobsa; 24-Jan-2007 at 12:55 AM.
    The reasoning man who scorns the prejudices of simpletons necessarily becomes the enemy of simpletons; he must expect as much, and laugh at the inevitable.
    Marquis De Sade.

capncnut
    Britain, you are really screwed - gun laws and all.
    "Man, they walk so slow you could run right by 'em!"

Maybe, but what a survival instinct we'd develop.

Granted the US is more violent, but the lax gun laws, especially in the South would mean a greater portion of the populace can defend themselves at range.
    And given America's track record in war situations, it would probably also mean that you'd blow each other to s**t within a year!

Wear long sleeves-- try to get a real leather (not-- NOT Corinthian!!!) jacket, good work boots- steel toes preferred but not really needed, good Levis-- not cheapo-- denim pants, and good light leather gloves. Keep moving, travek light and find a good ready supplied position and keep quiet.
    I would agree with you on that. I would be kitted out in a similar fashion but armed with a machete, Predator style.
    Last edited by capncnut; 24-Jan-2007 at 01:02 PM.

Just been bitten Shadowofthedead's Avatar

Aaland

boom stick

i figured out how heavy a boom stick and a bandoleer of shells is... managable but almost discomfortin and yes you can pick up a hip holster for your boom stick... just make sure that the holster will fit the length of the barrel ... only down fall is that it is made for a pistol

Undisclosed
    Crowbar for sure. Or maybe a sawn-off (even if it is cliche) or a Mac 10.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by FoodFight View Post
    Ummm, I've never heard of any Springfield M1 carbines, but if you have one it would truly be a collectors item.
    Yeah, I guess I am not up on my gun taxonomy. Should have said Iver Johnson, or Winchester I guess. I do agree about using the .22 though. The 10/22 Ruger is a fine piece, cheap and well built.

Unregistered / Not Logged In

Aaland
    comment removed from post
    Last edited by aljuweind; 20-Jan-2021 at 01:00 AM. Reason: comment removed.

Undisclosed
    I wanna machete so I can be cool like Savini!

That place were you went that time and you thought it sucked too.
    Undisclosed

Good ol' 870 pump with extended mag. Double 00 would be ammo of choice. Decient patern so would not have to be dead on in a stressfull situation. Not prone to malfunction and even so can usually clear a missfeed or stovepipe with out disassembly. Just like a sword can easily take off limbs and if all else fails......makes a pretty good club to cave in some heads.

Thats my call.....but I would also have one of those backpacks full of piss balloons for a back up and a pair of those gold clown shoes in a effort to not draw attention to myself.