Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V for Vendetta? Any good? [MERGED THREADS]

Fiji
    they did trim the story here ad there, and i can see why he wanted his name off of it. but to behonest i loved the movie.

i'm catching it again later this week.

also League was just ass.

Haiti
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbank
    I do fancy seeing it as it looks pretty fun and I'm not that big a fan of the original so I'm not likely to be as disappointed as I was with LoEG.
    You've got to admit... it was funny.

Banned User

United States

Thumbs up

I just saw it and it was one of the best movies I watched all year! I expected to hate it but I just loved it! i give it a 5 popcorn bag rating

Fiji
    funny in that, Oh my god we are a doomed people sort of way.

not since Medggido:the omega code 2 have i seen a worse film.

the CG effects were sub N64 quality

Administrator

England

V for Vendetta? Any good?

Anyone seen it? What did you think?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Yes...yes, it's very good. Though tv conservative pundits like Joe Scarborough on MSNBC thinks its 100% anti-American bullcrap and pro-terrorism. the film doesn't follow everything that was in the original graphic novel but keeps the spirit of the book intact.

Quote Originally Posted by p2501
    heh heh

****ing WORD!
    I wonder how you'd react if there was suddenly news that Spider Jerusalem and The city were to be adapted as an HBO mini-series.
    Last edited by Tullaryx; 22-Mar-2006 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

Super Moderator

United States
    HOLY SH*T!

I saw this Sunday, and although I know it's a matter of time till someone probably comes along and takes a **** on the movie, I will say I unabashedly loved it!

I saw it on IMAX (note to self, 3 story tall close ups of british dentition = scariest thing I've ever seen), but the experience was amazing, and while I can't say the updating of the story was completely faithful to the original, I truly believe it bears the flame forward.

I'll see this again if I get more folks to go see it. I'll also own the DVD.

Damn...

United States
    V for Vendetta was fantastic. Go see it now.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Super Moderator

UK
    Well I haven't seen it yet, but that's probably how Britain will end up if those f*cking Labour bastards stay in power, stop voting Liberal you protesting pansies! *grrr!*

Administrator

England
    Saw it last Thursday... Loved most of it, but felt the ending got a tad Hollywood/contrived... Good stuff though!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned User

United States
    One thing I noticed on this movie. The ruler or what ever he is called, they dilated his pupils. perhaps to make him look more sinister?

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullaryx
    Yes...yes, it's very good. Though tv conservative pundits like Joe Scarborough on MSNBC thinks its 100% anti-American bullcrap and pro-terrorism. the film doesn't follow everything that was in the original graphic novel but keeps the spirit of the book intact.

I wonder how you'd react if there was suddenly news that Spider Jerusalem and The city were to be adapted as an HBO mini-series.

it would depent entirely on casting. there are so very few people that could do jerusalem without making it idoitic.