Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: whats the first video game you ever bought?

Undisclosed
    A hand held Pac-Man game back in 1981-82. Still got it and works fine. Atari 2600 came next.

United States
    Mattel baseball handheld game.

Combat for the Atari 2600 (shipped with the system).

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    looking at some of these posts thank god the ps-one was out when i started buying my own games.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    The first game I ever bought was KC Crazy Chase on the Odyssey. Either that or Parsec on the T.I.. One of those two.

United States
    console game was... C&C for Sega Saturn
    PC game was either Dune2000 or Red Faction, don't remember which. Or it's quite possible i got them both at the same time.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

England
    The first PC game i bought was "commandos",man that game was tough!

capncnut
    Good question Hellz. I had an Atari 2600 with a varied assortment of games but the first game I ever bought with my own money was for the ZX Spectrum. It was a game called Booty and it was pretty damn good. It was one of those Firebird Classics for £1.99 and was a platformer set on board a massive pirate ship. Dodging cutlass weilding bandits and the like, I enjoyed it immensely.

Around the same time I bought one of them handheld LCD games at a market for about the same price. It was the one where Mario and Luigi pass pizzas to each other on conveyor belts through double screens. I cant remember the title but I still got it somewhere.
    Last edited by capncnut; 04-Jan-2007 at 09:14 PM.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    With my own money? My Mom bought me a PSX (along with Twisted Metal) not too long after they came out. I rented Resident Evil and completely fell head-over-heels for it. I remember saving up money and buying it. I think it may have even been in one of those old PSX game boxes that were huge (almost like early CD and 32X boxes)??? Not too sure about that... maybe that was another one of the first games I bought.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    now thats a good one.

Super Moderator

UK
    Speaking of huge game boxes, anyone remember when PC games didn't come in DVD cases, but were in CD cases inside a chunky arse cardboard box, which often contained nothing but the CD itself, maybe some instruction manual, but that was it?

I remember buying Worms on the "Sold Out Software" label and it was literally one of those cardboard CD sleeves inside a normal sized cardboard box ... WHY?!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah my grandad had loads of those, i never saw the point, talk about a waste of rescources.

Super Moderator

UK
    Grandad? You callin' me old?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    no, honestly my grandad had those things, my dad had those massive floppy discs, those were jsut crazy.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Speaking of huge game boxes, anyone remember when PC games didn't come in DVD cases, but were in CD cases inside a chunky arse cardboard box, which often contained nothing but the CD itself, maybe some instruction manual, but that was it?
    Yeah i remember those puppies!ive got populous the beginning,commando's & age of empires 2 in those big ass mo fo's.Theres a few times ive fancied a game of populous but it wont run on my new fangled rig

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye playing old school games is a bit of a nut-f*ck. I tried playing Kingpin recently, but it wouldn't load up...

I'd imagine my games like Redneck Rampage and Carmageddon wouldn't work either these days, the computer is too advanced now, and isn't there some issue with MSDos-related games on XP or something?

*snap* I had Commandos for the PC as well, noiiice, it was a good game, and looked rather spiffing too. I haven't played the FPS incarnation though...

Hellsing - I'm not talking about "hard disks" (the pre-cursor to floppy disks - I love the irony of each describing the physical qualities of the other), I'm still talking about CD-Roms, back when games could fit on a CD that is, now it's 3 or 4 of the f*ckers or a whole DVD and GIGS of space being used up ... damn...I remember thinking "damn, 270mb required for install?! sheeeeeiiiit!"

*sigh* I miss my don...er...I feel old...