Thread: Day of the Dead extras

United States

Day of the Dead extras

I stumbled across this page somehow when I was surfing... I don't know how many people have seen this page with a picture of a couple of extras from the movie, but I just thought I'd share it.

Dead

Undisclosed
    That's the guy who comes out of the bank after the duct-tapped gator!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    damn he had the guts to walk over an alligator?

Canada
    yea no kidding eh? i love the make up on them...the grey skin is amazing.

great find.

capncnut
    Pretty cool pic, that guy was a legendary extra. Must've taken some balls to stagger around that alligator!

Italy

too bad...

...they found it embarassing.

United States
    I found this photo about 4 years ago and I contacted them. Bill Love was the "alligator wrangler" on the film. That is why he was picked for the scene. He actually kicked the gator when he comes out of the bank to get it to move. Bill is an amateur photographer and he had tons of behind the scenes stills from his personal collection from the shoot in downtown Ft. Myers. I purchased some of these from him and gave them to Anchor Bay for use on the special edition dvd of "Day of the Dead" back in 2003. They are in the stills section of the dvd. Really cool stuff, including a surfer zombie that never made it into the film.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Nah, perfectly safe to walk around a duct-taped gator...worse comes to worse he breaks your legs with his tail!

What a great opportunity!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    I found this photo about 4 years ago and I contacted them. Bill Love was the "alligator wrangler" on the film. That is why he was picked for the scene. He actually kicked the gator when he comes out of the bank to get it to move. Bill is an amateur photographer and he had tons of behind the scenes stills from his personal collection from the shoot in downtown Ft. Myers. I purchased some of these from him and gave them to Anchor Bay for use on the special edition dvd of "Day of the Dead" back in 2003. They are in the stills section of the dvd. Really cool stuff, including a surfer zombie that never made it into the film.

Cool info, man.

Just curious.....how does one sumbit material for a DVD if they weren't a part of the production? Did they somehow contact you or did you go to them?

And on a side note: STILLS SECTION??? I must be blind....I haven't seen that yet.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Cool info, man.

Just curious.....how does one sumbit material for a DVD if they weren't a part of the production? Did they somehow contact you or did you go to them?

And on a side note: STILLS SECTION??? I must be blind....I haven't seen that yet.

I contacted Mike Felsher who was with Anchor Bay at the time and told him that I had the pictures and asked if they wanted them. They did and I sent them in.
    The stills are on the 2nd disc. There are tons of cool photos on that disc.

Fresh Meat

Aaland

Zombie II (Day of the Dead) BRAVO Nr. 36 1987.08.14 announcement scan

Good day! I am new here. I like to share scan(s) I did from german magazine "BRAVO Nr. 36, 1987.08.27, page 41". It has an announcement for "Zombie II - Das letzte Kapitel" (Day of the Dead) in the "Kino-Wochenschau" (Cinema weekly show) section. You might add this for documentaction somwhere you like.
    Title of the mag:

Full page 41 scan:

And the rest of the cinema section I scanned, because why not, page 40:

Page 42:

[Edit]: Magazine is from 27. August (Not 14th. I got the post headline wrong). In West Germany the movie was started shown 20. August 1987. Movie was made from 22 October 1984 - 16 January 1985.
    Last edited by Matthäus77; 04-Oct-2021 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Text. Other pages scanned.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthäus77 View Post

Good day! I am new here. I like to share scan(s) I did from german magazine "BRAVO Nr. 36, 1987.08.14, page 41". It has an announcement for "Zombie II - Das letzte Kapitel" (Day of the Dead) in the "Kino-Wochenschau" (Cinema weekly show) section. You might add this for documentaction somwhere you like.
    Title of the mag:
    Cool

And a nice picture of Jason Connery with his mullet!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Cool

And a nice picture of Jason Connery with his mullet!
    Back then, even zombies had mullets.