Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: The anticipation of STALKER...

England
    stalker stalking S.T.A.L.K.E.R game

Super Moderator

UK
    Neil - I guess that's why they have *sigh* V.I.A.G.R.A.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    okay heres a dilmea for you though mz,if you could only play one of the two, would you rather have the pc game stalker or this console game?

tough choice huh?, id go for wake myself, still cant wait for it.
    Last edited by Danny; 05-Mar-2007 at 01:04 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Now, everybody sit down, if it was a situation where I had a gun to my head and made to choose between one or the other, I'd choose Alan Wake.

*watches everybody fall over backwards*

I absolutely adored the Max Payne games, and I've had a boner for this Alan Wake game ever since I first saw the first screenshots. Only until recently has STALKER become a game that's actually coming out, so I've become used to it not being in my hands.

Sure I'd be gutted not to play it, but out of the two, with a gun to my head and/or balls, I'd pick Alan Wake (especially if it came with a free 360 as well, lol).

Don't get me wrong, STALKER tickles my balls constantly and I've been dribbling over it for quite some time now, but Alan Wake wins out in a closely fought race in my brain.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    okay heres a dilmea for you though mz,if you could only play one of the two, would you rather have the pc game stalker or this console game?

tough choice huh?, id go for wake myself, still cant wait for it.
    Ummm... Alan Wake isn't just console?! Is it!? I'm certain it's PC as well! They've been demo'ing the dual processor coding in it on PCs!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    That is true Neil, Alan Wake is for PC as well, but my PC won't be able to handle it I severely doubt, that's why I wanna get back into console gaming, so I don't have to sit there pondering if it'll run with decent enough graphics on my rig, lol. I think STALKER will be pretty much an end of my PC gaming for a while (well, new PC gaming anyway).

If I won even a bit on the lottery I'd overhaul my PC and pimp it out big style for PC gaming again, make it so that it could kick even Crysis' ass proper.

Anyway, getting a console will allow me to play Alan Wake as intended (or just flat out play it full stop), as well as the new GTA when it comes out, rather than waiting a whole damn year for it to get ported.

capncnut
    Yeah, it's out for the PC but the developers have said the 360 version outmuscles the Vista version by miles.

Super Moderator

UK
    Not surprised, a lot of games have been suffering under Vista at the moment, so I wouldn't be surprised if Alan Wake will perform better on the 360, which is more what it's designed for anyway...at least, that's the feeling I get.

Don't worry Alan, I'm-a-comin', I'm-a-gettin'-a-360-this-year-sunshine!

capncnut
    Noice choice boice.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    now that i brought it up though, how come all the really wanted games are so quiet lately, alan wake, bioshock, halo 3 ,there aint been much news on any, even the other have just been screen shots ,but if its exculsive for the 360 people are staying pretty schtum about any info huh?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    That is true Neil, Alan Wake is for PC as well, but my PC won't be able to handle it I severely doubt, that's why I wanna get back into console gaming, so I don't have to sit there pondering if it'll run with decent enough graphics on my rig, lol. I think STALKER will be pretty much an end of my PC gaming for a while (well, new PC gaming anyway).

If I won even a bit on the lottery I'd overhaul my PC and pimp it out big style for PC gaming again, make it so that it could kick even Crysis' ass proper.

Anyway, getting a console will allow me to play Alan Wake as intended (or just flat out play it full stop), as well as the new GTA when it comes out, rather than waiting a whole damn year for it to get ported.
    Tis tempting, but I tend to play FPS or RTS games, and neither of these are very good on consoles IMHO! The controls on PCs are far better!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i cannot comprehend how people think fps controls on a pc are better?, i just cant play em too fiddly with too many buttons, as for rts i only play warcraft 3 and that only uses the left mouse button, but theres a middle earth one on the 360 and halo wars coming soon, there may me more but i aint a fan so i havent been looking for em.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i cannot comprehend how people think fps controls on a pc are better?, i just cant play em too fiddly with too many buttons, as for rts i only play warcraft 3 and that only uses the left mouse button, but theres a middle earth one on the 360 and halo wars coming soon, there may me more but i aint a fan so i havent been looking for em.
    WASD and a mouse are perfect... A mouse is designed to be super accurate, but don't you find with consoles they have to help you aim because the controller isn't accurate enough?

Also when you then come to more complex FPS where you have multiple weapons can lean and do other funky stuff, a splattering of buttons on a 4 inch controller just don't cut in IMHO.

And likewise with RTS, the mouse you can easily select the units you want etc...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Perzactly Neil. FPS on WSAD+Mouse gives accuracy, especially when sniping. It's also where FPS games came from in the first place, and the assisted aiming on consoles is just cheating your aim, although apparently Black on PS2 doesn't have assisted aiming, which people complained about - clearly a game that should have been on the PC, eh?

I played a lot of Halo on console, and was quite good at it, but sniping was a complete no-no, the control of that was hideous, and even playing normally was hard enough when aiming - spray and prey is pretty much the dish of the day, whereas on PC you can conserve your ammo, pick your targets, and use your OWN skill at aiming, rather than pressing a button and getting automatic lock on.

Mind you, I've reached a stage where I can't upgrade my PC without a complete overhaul, which I can't afford, so a 360 is my best bet to continue my gaming in the future for now, plus I ain't had one since the Mega Drive 2 and it'd be really nice not to worry about having to upgrade or worry about "can I run this well enough" for a change.

I wouldn't buy FPS games for a 360 though, I'd stick to racing and 3rd person shooters, stuff like Alan Wake, PGR3 and Saints Row.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Perzactly Neil. FPS on WSAD+Mouse gives accuracy, especially when sniping. It's also where FPS games came from in the first place, and the assisted aiming on consoles is just cheating your aim, although apparently Black on PS2 doesn't have assisted aiming, which people complained about - clearly a game that should have been on the PC, eh?

I played a lot of Halo on console, and was quite good at it, but sniping was a complete no-no, the control of that was hideous, and even playing normally was hard enough when aiming - spray and prey is pretty much the dish of the day, whereas on PC you can conserve your ammo, pick your targets, and use your OWN skill at aiming, rather than pressing a button and getting automatic lock on.

to quote ignignokt:

Quote Originally Posted by ignignokt
    That sounds like a personal problem..
    ive never had a problem with aiming, perhaps youve had it so easy on a pc that its become a challenge to do it on a console?