Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whos the biggger idiot?

Undisclosed

Red face whos the biggger idiot?

we all know in all of the 4 dead films that @ 1 point the main charecters had a chance to make things better for themselves but fluffed it up like a moran,who did you think was the biggest boob?

1) NIGHT: Tom throwing gasoline on a fricken lit torch like an idiot?
    (do i need to explain the ignorance hear?)

2) DAWN: Steven trying to take on an army of professional killers?
    (at least if the zombies got in and the place got trash he'd still have a bed to sleep in and not be dead)

3) DAY: John waiting for Rhodes to jack the helicopter when he could have planned an escape long ago?
    (remember what Rhodes called him before having steal knock the **** outta him..)

4) LAND: Cholo who should have just taken Dead Reckoning and fricken left?
    (what the hell does he need money for when he can just pull up to an abandoned bank and flippin taken it! he too would not be dead!)

United States
    I'd say #1

capncnut
    Well the first one was an accident, and the last two are more like "what if's" as opposed to genuine f**k up's. That leaves Dawn so I'm going along with that one.

What the hell was Flyboy thinking? A perfectly good session of secret sniping action gone to pot because of a man's obsession with greed. Now Peter had a part to play in this also. Surely he had experience in the field. He could've placed Flyboy and Franny (why was she excluded?) at certain points in the mall to open fire on the bandits the moment they entered (one at the main entrance, one at the loading docks and one, pfft, somewhere else). If all three had been working together side by side from the start then maybe they might've stood a chance against them. He was SWAT for Chrissakes! I blame him.
    Last edited by capncnut; 11-Jan-2007 at 04:16 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well, aside from the points that you've mentioned, all four of the films are LOADED with things like this. Not all of them necessarily being mistakes by one person, but more of a collective f*ck up with each entire group.

If I had to pick one of your single mistakes....I would say Stephen in "Dawn". But it worked well because it was the theme of the entire flick.

If I had to pick a group from a single movie that made the biggest mistakes....I would say Ben, Cooper, etc in "Night" with the group from "Day" a close second.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Yeah, I don't really see where either John or Cholo made any mistake. They did what they wanted, basicly. Hedonists.

But Stephen was a dumbass. However, I just can't forget Tom for his idiocy.

Italy
    the whole point of the everything is that humans **** it up for each other.

As for me, unlocking a gas pump with a firearm takes first place.

United States
    a few more not on the list

1. Harry Cooper for not looking for the gas pump key while in the basement, dropping the TV down the stairs, and being a total ass in general.

2. Peter in Dawn for taking Flyboy downstairs in the first place. With that hidden access starway to the mall roof they were relatively safe upstairs. All three could have gone to the roof and waited. If it sounded like the bikers were getting close they could have simply took off in the helicopter and flown away.

3. Steel in Day for relying on Miguel to control the corral undead when he knew the guy was falling apart.

4. Kauphman in Land should have told Cholo there would be no problem with obtaining an apartment in Fiddler's Green. After drinking a toast and letting Cholo leave arrange for one of his henchmen to take care of him at a later date through an "unfortunate accident."

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Undisclosed

Wink but...

Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    a few more not on the list

1. Harry Cooper for not looking for the gas pump key while in the basement, dropping the TV down the stairs, and being a total ass in general.

2. Peter in Dawn for taking Flyboy downstairs in the first place. With that hidden access starway to the mall roof they were relatively safe upstairs. All three could have gone to the roof and waited. If it sounded like the bikers were getting close they could have simply took off in the helicopter and flown away.

3. Steel in Day for relying on Miguel to control the corral undead when he knew the guy was falling apart.

4. Kauphman in Land should have told Cholo there would be no problem with obtaining an apartment in Fiddler's Green. After drinking a toast and letting Cholo leave arrange for one of his henchmen to take care of him at a later date through an "unfortunate accident."

your right about these other turds, but the ones i mention each led to the downfall of their comfort or even survial status.

by the way what you said about dawn thats what i ment even if the bikers trahed the place and zombies got in the three would still have a place to stay and figured out a better move than fran and peter flying off to nowhere.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    by the way what you said about dawn thats what i ment even if the bikers trahed the place and zombies got in the three would still have a place to stay and figured out a better move than fran and peter flying off to nowhere.

You have a point but it also made me think of something. Had they just stayed in their hideout and not gone down to the biker/zombie chaos doesn't mean they could still get away perfectly. What I mean is that the bikers knew the "whirly bird" was on the roof of the mall....that's how they knew someone was there. What's to say that they wouldn't find some sort of way onto the roof top, taken or trashed the chopper, and ultimately find the entrance to our hero's hideout?

But to be on topic.....the greed took over Flyboy.

Undisclosed

Cool true..but!

Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    You have a point but it also made me think of something. Had they just stayed in their hideout and not gone down to the biker/zombie chaos doesn't mean they could still get away perfectly. What I mean is that the bikers knew the "whirly bird" was on the roof of the mall....that's how they knew someone was there. What's to say that they wouldn't find some sort of way onto the roof top, taken or trashed the chopper, and ultimately find the entrance to our hero's hideout?

But to be on topic.....the greed took over Flyboy.
    well dude its good to see you laid off the crack,because you got me there i didnt really think of that!
    but you have to admit chances of them finding the entrance to the hideout was pretty slim and with all the zombies around i dont think they would have time to do a good search as long as they looted up i dont think they really cared about them...if you noticed they didnt really take an interest until retarded steven began shooting at them!

United States
    Flyboy, and Peter, were caught up with "greed", therefore that is more of a human fault rather than being stupid. Until things reached a head, there wasnt a need or a proper time for John to take off with the chopper. He didnt really want to abandon the scientists. Good point about Cholo being able to get money (like that would do him any good anyway outside the Green) from any number of banks in the "dead world". But he also wanted to demonstrate his power to his nemesis Kaufman, again a human fault. Tom on the other hand, the gas thing was stupid. Unless that gas pump in radically different than the ones we have now, you would have had to grab the handle in such a way to keep pressure on the lever thta keeps the gas flow going. Even in a situation like he was in, seems like he would instinstively know this and grab the handle in the proper way. Surely, he was familiar with using a gas pump.

Haiti
    Cholo gets my vote. He should have just driven away in dead reckoning and lived to fight another day.
    What is it with money in that film anyway? Ok, I know it's supposed to be satirical/alegorical, whatever. What's the point of it though? where the hell are they going to spend it? That was the one thing that bugged me about the film, that and Big Daddy moaning and groaning.

I think that the central theme of the films is that it's always human folly that proves the undoing of the characters plans and strategies. The walking dead are incidental, really.
    Last edited by Chakobsa; 14-Jan-2007 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The reasoning man who scorns the prejudices of simpletons necessarily becomes the enemy of simpletons; he must expect as much, and laugh at the inevitable.
    Marquis De Sade.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I always thought that the money in "Land" was good for Fiddler's Green and it's streets below. The reason Cholo wanted it was not necessarily his own benefit(unless he found another fortified city), but more to just tear Kaufman's world apart because he had done so to Cholo.

That would be more of Cholo's downfall, I would say. Wrath.

United States
    i'd have to say tom from night 90. although throwing gas on a lit torch is pretty dumb, shooting the damn gas pump with a shotgun has to be even dumber.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    [QUOTE=CapnKnut; (why was she excluded?) [/QUOTE]

Because she was pregnant....I wouldn't wanna see a baby ripped out of her by flesh eating zombies....well I would, cos that'd be kinda cool...but if I was Steven I certainly would have made sure my lady was safe and secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakobsa View Post

I think that the central theme of the films is that it's always human folly that proves the undoing of the characters plans and strategies. The walking dead are incidental, really.
    That's exactly the point of those movies....nicely said!

Basically they serve as a narration on man's inability to deal with a common threat and being tied down with beaurocracy and ethics whilst the whole world is being torn apart. we can't work together - let's face it...and it was said best by Mr France himself:

"This isn't the republicans versus the democrats....

......its more crucial than that...we are down to the line folks...we are down to the LINE! There's no divisions among living society...."
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 12-Jan-2007 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost