Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The young, the infirm, the old, etc....

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Wheelchair bound folk would have to take one for the team as would anyone reliant on medication. Elderly are on their own, kids are however worth saving.

if someone was bitten and it was common knowledge that amputation wouldn't save them, give them your time before they pass away and then deal with them.

Being Attacked Zombieapocalypse's Avatar

Undisclosed
    There is absolutely NO other choice in my mind but to take them out immediately!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombieapocalypse
    There is absolutely NO other choice in my mind but to take them out immediately!
    Even if you know they won't turn right away. Plus, you and those in your group shouldbe able to tell if and when they start to become too weak too help. Not to sound callous again, I'd use them at that time as bait or a way to slow down a mob of zombies. Just hand over a gun with one bullet to kill themselves right before the mob arrives. A fresh dead body is the same as a live one to zombies so they'll be ripping that corpse to shred before they turn their attention back to you and your group.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

Undisclosed
    Well, I see your point but
    I still would not be handing any weapons over to the wounded. I would set up times for people to watch the wounded, at any sign of change they would take the necessary action. Offering the weapon over to the wrong person in that situation could result in tragedy.

What if: The wounded man/woman got to thinking about how things would play out. What if they were thinking about there future and how obviously bleak and short it will be considering present company, and began to fire the weapon at, lets say as hypothetical, the leader of the group?
    Even one bullet in this situation would be detrimental I think.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombieapocalypse
    i would let the person make there own choice about what to do.
    i would also get as much use out of them as i could to, unless they are to badly hurt. if this is the case then they are bait.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullaryx
    That would be the only time they could really practice. Which brings up the other factor. How much ammo could be set aside to train these kids?
    collect supplies for a make-shift "re-loader station"; keep all the wasted brass you could (maybe use the kids as "picker uppers - this would also train them in speed and quick thinking), melt enough lead to reload. Of course this would have to be a set-up that could be broken down and set back up each time you made "camp"
    Lead is quick to melt, you'd raid ammo stores for the powder and molds for different callibers. When an empty shell is flung from most semi autos, they never land more than a few feet away. I'd get some system working for collecting and reloading.

Undisclosed

Nice!

Nice Adren!

A strong fire and lead could be easily molded. I feel like Tommy in NOTLD90 when he said "I must be some kinda stupid, Them old doors, we could use those". Thats a great idea!

United States
    What if it's a love one who become bitten and infected? Like a brother, sister, wife, mother, father, etc.... Anyone here be able to do what's right and kill them?
    --- Batman

United States
    What if it's a love one who become bitten and infected? Like a brother, sister, wife, mother, father, etc.... Anyone here be able to do what's right and kill them?
    If they become infected, kill them.

Norway
    Sure I take care of the weak and useless.
    If someone got bitten I give them weapons and send them on kamikaze mission to kill as many zombies as possible. Or I could just shoot them here and now. Off course if there was any doctors or scientist types around I would let them experiment on the bitten in the hope to find a cure.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    If they become infected, kill them.
    Even early in the outbreak when info still confusing. I think a stranger I'd be able to pop them one in the head without much guilt, but a love one would be difficult. In the end, I'll do it, but not before alot of soulsearching and anguished second thoughts.
    --- Batman

United States
    Even early in the outbreak when info still confusing. I think a stranger I'd be able to pop them one in the head without much guilt, but a love one would be difficult. In the end, I'll do it, but not before alot of soulsearching and anguished second thoughts.
    If zombies are running around eating people, there is no room for "soul searching" it's all about survival.

Undisclosed

Dead

I would not hesitate.