Thread: HPotD automatic turd flush system

capncnut

HPotD automatic turd flush system

I was wondering if such a system could be introduced to stop the increasing amount of flaming/trolling that occurs here on a regular basis. I am not a believer of the ignore function because such devices are pointless, I would much rather deal with the problem as opposed to ignoring it.

Certain people in this forum have been unjustly attacked in the past and I think it would be beneficial for the ‘good timers’ to have an automatic turd flush. For example, if a flamer/troller receives a certain amount of complaints (lets say 10-20) from various different members then a little device flashes in the corner of your screen allowing you ‘hit the flush’ (this will be done automatically after 30 secs regardless), where the offending flamer/troller is sent packing immediately. Permanently.

Could such a system be introduced? If not, then may I be so bold to suggest a new forum called ‘Eye for an Eye’ where us ‘good timers’ can defend ourselves without fear of threads being closed or possible warnings being handed out.

Just an idea, ‘tis all.
    Last edited by capncnut; 11-Jan-2007 at 01:52 PM.

Administrator

England
    We have moderators to do exactly what you just said, i dont think we'll be replacing them with a automated system soon.

as for your forum idea, i cant see it really happening to be honest, neil has a 100% zero tolerance policy on flaming.

sorry man.

capncnut
    That's cool, I was just ventin' anyways.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    That's cool, I was just ventin' anyways.

Well i am glad you did not get the boot for that post . lol