Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roger's behaviour a script flaw?

United States

the phrase harms way drastically changes in a zombie world

But I agree with what you mean on survivors guilt
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by triste realtà View Post
    What I wanna know is: when John Harrison is on top of Roger, why didn't the other 2 just pick him up? They were right there. Why would you even think about shooting him? They were 5 feet away!!!

For the same reason fran was just standing there like a deer in the headlights while a zombie was attacking stephen at the airport: it was in the script.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    it all started when 'rod tucker' was shot during the martinez raid. it only got worse after the preacher gave him the heebee geebees. and then the screw driver thing made him that much worse. but when they got the second truck and roger got cornered......that my friend was the nail in the coffin. his whole demeanor changed.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Also, if you look at his face in the apartment when he guns down the female zombie and again when his swat teammate offed himself, he looked less than "together".

United States
    The first part of dawn seems to be Rogers slow but study decent into madness (or carelessness).

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    The first part of dawn seems to be Rogers slow but study decent into madness (or carelessness).

I agree. With no other outlet to vent he let whatever was building up inside him fester until that zombie blood spilled all over his face. Although i'm not sure of what actually made him snap. The zombie blood on his face or the fact that he would have bought it if Peter wasn't there to help.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Also, if you look at his face in the apartment when he guns down the female zombie and again when his swat teammate offed himself, he looked less than "together".

yeah he definitely had the lights on and nobodies home look. me personally i woulda totally took him aside and slapped him senseless in jc pennys

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    me personally i woulda totally took him aside and slapped him senseless in jc pennys
    and i'm sure the people in his group noticed something off about his behavior and didn't say anything. when peter straightened him out in the truck it was too late. When they went to get the second truck, peter saw roger hootin' and hollerin' and looked at him real funny. Then after he shot the female zombie on top of him he asked him if he was all right. Clearly then he saw that something was wrong. In hindsight that was the time to speak up.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I jave been in that JC Penney's. It would be a good place to slap someone silly......

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm sure that was your expressed reason for going. Staking out spots in order to administer corporal punishment.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i'd give him a few backhands honestly. take him in the freezer and beat him

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    i'd give him a few backhands honestly. take him in the freezer and beat him

He was in no shape to go out in the open like that. Unfortunately they needed his services to accomplish their goals. There was no one else. If there were others it probably would have been prudent to shut him down like they did to salazar in day who also wasn't up to the tasks at hand.

Canada
    You dont think that Roger falling to the floor would have created noise? And dont you think if they had kept running, they would have realised quickly that Roger was no longer with them? And you dont think Roger would have called out to them if they had kept running?
    1)yes it would have created noise, but while they [peter & flyboy] are at a fast run, their own feet slamming into the ground, the moans of dozens of zombies echoing throughtout the place, do you honestly think they would have heard too much?

2)I agree with this point, however, keep in mind they had their objective in mind, and wanted to get the f*ck out of that place asap. It happens.

3)maybe. He could have also been in such a state of shock that he couldn't make a peep. Again, it happens. I've done it before, when i've had someone tackle me and i wasn't paying attention, the only noise that came outta me was the air being pushed out of my lungs and my wheezing that followed. If that guy were a zombie i'd be dead, the same goes for roger. He also had to get rid of said zombie before he ate his face so, you can understand if he wouldn't exactly be able to call out for help with such pressing matters at
    hand.

Rogers madness was gradual, but I feel it started far before the events in Dawn. You can tell from the first few scenes he isn't exactly all their.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    Rogers madness was gradual, but I feel it started far before the events in Dawn. You can tell from the first few scenes he isn't exactly all their.
    I agree with that. In fact there were a few people, wooley in particular, that weren't all there from the start. The kid who killed himself in that apartment was also mentally screwed up. The actions of these men were most likely caused be weeks of stress.

Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    1)yes it would have created noise, but while they [peter & flyboy] are at a fast run, their own feet slamming into the ground, the moans of dozens of zombies echoing throughtout the place, do you honestly think they would have heard too much?
    I was more taken aback by the fact that they just stood there watching their friend struggle. UH, ALITTLE HELP HERE GUYS!!
    Last edited by darth los; 20-Jun-2007 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    I was more taken aback by the fact that they just stood there watching their friend struggle. UH, ALITTLE HELP HERE GUYS!!

You know, I always found it odd that Flyboy and Peter just stood around watching and not doing anything to help ol' Roger out! Maybe thats why he went mad...