Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Roger's behaviour a script flaw?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's just one of the many times the characters of that film engaged in puzzling behavior. Fran also does the same thing when a zombie attacks her man at the airport.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Dead

Undisclosed
    I didn't see it listed, but doesn't the book say that Roger was a Vietnam veteran? Perhaps the trauma of the dead coming added to the strains inflicted on his mind from years of working on the SWAT team awakened or created PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    I didn't see it listed, but doesn't the book say that Roger was a Vietnam veteran? Perhaps the trauma of the dead coming added to the strains inflicted on his mind from years of working on the SWAT team awakened or created PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)?

I wouldn't doubt it. The book goes into alot of intricate detail that just wasn't possible in the movie. It gives alot of cool intricate details such as his last name was DeMarco.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    As others said, weeks and weeks of seeing this hell before his eyes and being responsible for killing zombies strained him to his breaking point. We can only imagine what Roger has seen in the weeks before the movie took place. When that zombie attacks him in the truck, the two zombies I should say and Peter runs one over and blows the other away, Roger gets cocky, he wants to show those zombies that they won't get to the best of him, you can see his sanity crumbling around him. Peter knocks him out of it with his speech, but I think he was still raved up, just working on calming down. He might not have dropped his bag if he hadn't been startled by Franny's gun going off up over his head. It was then the crap hit the fan and we lost a good fighter.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    As others said, weeks and weeks of seeing this hell before his eyes and being responsible for killing zombies strained him to his breaking point. We can only imagine what Roger has seen in the weeks before the movie took place. When that zombie attacks him in the truck, the two zombies I should say and Peter runs one over and blows the other away, Roger gets cocky, he wants to show those zombies that they won't get to the best of him, you can see his sanity crumbling around him. Peter knocks him out of it with his speech, but I think he was still raved up, just working on calming down. He might not have dropped his bag if he hadn't been startled by Franny's gun going off up over his head. It was then the crap hit the fan and we lost a good fighter.

I agree that the zombies attacking him in the truck was the last straw for him but he was acting cocky way before that. In the department store when he shot that zombie in the head that he puled in he's actually smiling . He was having a good time. I wonder though if peter's speech made roger lose his edge to the point that it caused him to get bit. Say what ever you want about roger's reckless behavior but he never got bit before that.