so liam....

you didn't like it much then...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    Arnold in an Aliens movie?

I can't see it happening...
    Yeah....I really don't either. Besides, most people in the audience would probably be thinking "Dutch???".

I was more interested in the possibility of Cameron returning to the Alien franchise.

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    Well, I've heard rumours that if AVP2 does very well, then Fox is gonna do another Alien movie.

Yep.... never gonna happen...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    Well, I've heard rumours that if AVP2 does very well, then Fox is gonna do another Alien movie.

Yep.... never gonna happen...
    I don't know man. The guys that are directing the next one(the Strouse Bros.) seem to know what they're doing. It's looking VERY promising. Especially compared to Anderson's crap-fest.

ViP

United States
    For my money, nothing beats the Tech-Noir sequence in T1.

Kazakhstan
    yeah man that was one of the best bits in the franchise, where it all goes slo mo and the people seem to bopping in time to the incidental music... proper bo like

United States
    T3 was okay, but it seemed a bit self aware. Parts of it were seemed like a parody of the first two terminator movies (bar scene, traffic cop stop, trying to make the 850 act more human). Too bad that Edward Furlong couldn't get his act together for the third movie or the TV series.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles sound interesting

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0851851/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sar...nor_Chronicles

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Cameron on the "Alien" franchise and his possible return???: "Alien 3" - "Hated it. Simple as that. I hated what they did... I couldn't stand Alien 3 - how they could just go in there and kill off all these great characters we introduced in aliens..."
    Twentieth Century Fox should've stuck with the original Vincent Ward screenplay. End of.

Super Moderator

UK
    pfft - a piss poor pile of poo in my eyes, it is.

Loken is just there to be "fit", the name "Terminatrix" is just retarded - it's a name invented by a human being, not a machine - T-1000 and T-800, those are names created by a machine. "Terminatrix" involves a certain amount of literary understanding and human reaction, not the cold black & white and systematic organisation of a machine.

The comedy thrown in was hideous, awful. When he puts on those stupid glasses after pinching clothes from not a butch biker, but a pretty boy stripper *sigh*.

Stahl was boring, listless and had none of the vim & vinegar of the original Connor.

The machines were re-designed, and looked crap. The endoskeletons were CGI ... they looked like a bloody cartoon. The future sequence lasted about 60 seconds and that was our lot.

The film is far too self-aware, the dialogue is hokey, and the action is standard style Hollywood stuff - not the ballsy Cameron type stuff we got in the first two movies, which were his vision. The Terminator only works with Cameron.

I've got a whole host of other grievances, it was a shockingly bad film. As far as I'm concerned, T2 ended the franchise on an exceptionally high note.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    lol, you guys are so forgiving, i thought t3 was f***ing awful! john connor was like, a totally different person, the t-1bigtits was ridiculous (how is an endoskeleton covered in liquid metal superior to something entirely liquid metal?) the reprise of the plot was ridiculous, they went to all that effort to destroy skynet, burning the building down & killing dyson, and it turned out someone had it all on backup anyway. ridiculous considering skynet was at the research & developement stage.

the "disco ball" time travel thing was dumb. hated the humour in the movie, hated the look of the movie - t2 was a beautiful, cold looking medley of greys, silvers and blues, this one just looked like any other movie. it just felt like a cheap tv series spin off or something.

and also - sarah connors coffin was full of guns - didnt anyone at the funeral parlour wonder why her coffin was so heavy?
    I wouldn't say it was aweful, but it was somewhat ham-fisted. ie: Your comment on John Connor...

It just wasn't as solid and tight in script and production as the previous two... Shame... It was OK though...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Kazakhstan
    aye it wasnt the worst film ever i guess, id give it 5/10 on a good day. not as bad as biggie disappointments like alien resurrection and the phantom menace...dont get me started

capncnut
    Phantom Menace, I agree that was dog turd but Alien Resuerrection? That wasn't too bad. Some of the action sequences were pretty damn good, it's just a shame the alien 'baby' looked like a pile of vomit with eyes and a mouth.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Phantom Menace, I agree that was dog turd but Alien Resuerrection? That wasn't too bad. Some of the action sequences were pretty damn good, it's just a shame the alien 'baby' looked like a pile of vomit with eyes and a mouth.
    Oh come now! When Ron Pearman did his upside down on the ladder double gun bit I had to shut the movie off

capncnut
    Yeah maybe but the underwater sequence kicked serious butt.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    oh god no this movie was so full of ****. I hated it. It stepped upon the brilliant plotlines made by the first two...the woman terminator was awful so were the stupid and unnecessary puns ("talk to the hand"). It was just stupid and it gave skynet a face that I would NEVER have wanted to see.

Now if you ask me, I would have made a prequel focusing on how the human survivors managed to capture the time displacement equipment and came to smash the terminators grid or whatever Mr Bienh was chatting about in the first movie.