Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

capncnut

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

Just watched this for the first time on Five this evening after listening to years of "don't go there, it's a pile of s**t!" and I have to say it wasn't all that bad. I absolutely loved it when the machines took over and started obliterating the humans but there wasn't enough of it for my liking. Kristianna Loken was a fearsome adversary and I thought she fit the role quite well. There's no disputing that it's nowhere near as good as the first two but I still thought it was a worthy entry even though Nick Stahl was as dull as dishwater. A bit late I know but any thoughts?
    Last edited by capncnut; 15-Jan-2007 at 01:40 AM.

ViP

United States
    Like you said, not as good as the prior two, but it still held its own. I love the big car chase towards the beginning.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Just watched this for the first time on Five this evening after listening to years of "don't go there, it's a pile of s**t!" and I have to say it wasn't all that bad. I absolutely loved it when the machines took over and started obliterating the humans but there wasn't enough of it for my liking. Kristianna Loken was a fearsome adversary and I thought she fit the role quite well. There's no disputing that it's nowhere near as good as the first two but I still thought it was a worthy entry even though Nick Stahl was as dull as dishwater. A bit late I know but any thoughts?
    agreed, there was no chance for it to be as great as the other 2, which is why I am glad they added a LOT of comedic moments to lighten the mood.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    to be fair is the any way they could have outdone judgement day?

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    to be fair is the any way they could have outdone judgement day?
    I think so. I think a movie set during the future wars could be very powerful. They'd need to bring back the music from part one.

I like part one better than part two, so Cameron had already "outdone judgement day".

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, "Rise of the Machines" wasn't all that bad. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as the first two, but it entertained quite well. I think that's why alot of people said it was aweful....they expected the first two films all over.

My only gripe is that they didn't bring back Edward Furlong and replaced him with Nick Stahl. Stahl's a good actor, but Furlong can walk circles around him. I heard they didn't just because Furlong got busted on a drug charge(which hollywood actor hasn't???).

I've heard that they're moving forward with "T4" and it will be set during the wars. Hopefully they can handle it....

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    So, now we have T4 and The Sarah Connor Chronicles to look forward to...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    When they announced T3 back in the day and said Johnathan Mostow, the director of U-571 would helm it I was like... "he would be my choice if Cameron turned it down."

While T3 is no T1, or 2 for that matter it was still a decent entry. However, the action sequences in T2 wer outstanding for their time. My favorite scene from T2 is when Ahnuld gets out of the little pick-up truck and walks onto the rig at 60mph and begins unloading the Machine gun into the T-1000's face The shot and the scene it self was frigging outstanding... I loved it
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

UK
    Agreed... that was a very cool scene. Although I thought the scenes where Sarah is stalking Miles Dyson and shooting his place up was kinda cool.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    you cant beat the bit were he blows up all the police cars with a machine gun either

UK
    Ahh yes... the Minigun....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    James Cameron's opinion of "T3": "In one word : Great. There was a small part of me that hoped it wasn't good - but another part of me hope'd it succeeded. And it did. And I'm so glad it did. Jonathon's made a great movie. Arnold's in great form. I really like what he's done with it".

If he had done it, would he have handled it differently: "Yes. That's only natural. I mightn't have structrued it the same, nor may I have ended it the same way - but coming in where he has, such a hard thing to do, and I give Jonathan points for it".

And just a little tidbit that I found interesting.....Cameron on the "Alien" franchise and his possible return???: "Alien 3" - "Hated it. Simple as that. I hated what they did.... I couldn't stand Alien 3 - how they could just go in there and kill off all these great characters we introduced in aliens, and the correlation between mother and daughter. It stunk, but hopefully I'll get a chance to rectify all that. We're looking at doing another one. Something similiar to what we did with Aliens. A bunch of great characters, and of course Sigourney. I've even discussed the possibility of putting him [Arnold Schwarzenegger] into the Alien movie".

Hrmm. He's got my attention.

UK
    Arnold in an Aliens movie?

I can't see it happening...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    he might have been good, but 'governor' schwarzenegger staring in a violent film, cant see him doing that too often anymore.

Kazakhstan
    lol, you guys are so forgiving, i thought t3 was f***ing awful! john connor was like, a totally different person, the t-1bigtits was ridiculous (how is an endoskeleton covered in liquid metal superior to something entirely liquid metal?) the reprise of the plot was ridiculous, they went to all that effort to destroy skynet, burning the building down & killing dyson, and it turned out someone had it all on backup anyway. ridiculous considering skynet was at the research & developement stage.

the "disco ball" time travel thing was dumb. hated the humour in the movie, hated the look of the movie - t2 was a beautiful, cold looking medley of greys, silvers and blues, this one just looked like any other movie. it just felt like a cheap tv series spin off or something.

and also - sarah connors coffin was full of guns - didnt anyone at the funeral parlour wonder why her coffin was so heavy?