Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Who you gonna call?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A glowing level review HERE

This game is simply gorgeous. The level of detail here simply drips each drop of blood, sweat and tears put into it as particle beams clash, proton packs whirr into life and paint is scorched off nearby walls in the man-versus-ghost battles. There's nothing quite like it.
    Yet this is already shaping up to be one of the surprises of next year. In fact, we'll say it now - this could be one of the games of next year, let alone surprises.
    Visually, Ghostbusters does the job and then some. For integrity, it brings back old writers and the original crew for voice-acting - even Bill Murray has signed up. Yet it's the gameplay that could prove to be the true trump card of Ghostbusters, combining light and frothy fun with incredibly well-designed creatures that sticks to the lore of the series.

Super Moderator

United States
    Game, set, match.

Nice to see there are some good preliminary previews! I think if they build a game with good gameplay and...most importantly a fun story that is fairly true t canon, most of us will be happy.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Gameplay is a priority, that's for sure, but I'm also glad to hear about the sweet-sounding visuals, that'll really help build the atmosphere.

Here's a question - I wonder if we'll be able to be naughty and "cross the streams"?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Here's a question - I wonder if we'll be able to be naughty and "cross the streams"?
    they would have to be "sex crazed and retard strong" to miss that achievement on the 360 sir

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    they would have to be "sex crazed and retard strong" to miss that achievement on the 360 sir
    Ahh mate! That HAS to be an achievement, I didn't even think of that at first, nice one.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I doubt crossing the streams will be any kind of achievement seeing as how it's shown in the trailer in a cut scene....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wii/PS2 Gameplay:

Although I prefer the more realistic style of the PS3/360/PC versions, this looks like it could be really fun....
    Last edited by bassman; 12-Dec-2008 at 02:12 PM.

Administrator

England
    I have a horrible feeling that for all this game's beauty, it's going to be repetitive and dull...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I have a horrible feeling that for all this game's beauty, it's going to be repetitive and dull...
    Yeah, definitely. I could see it getting dull if it were just the same catch ghost, next level, catch ghost, etc. But judging from the reviews/interviews that I've seen, the developers thought the same thing and have gone to great lengths to keep it from being repetitive.

Many different style weapons, ghosts with different weakness that you have to figure out, etc. I saw one reviewer that said it actually gave him a sort of Zelda vibe. So that could be a good thing, imo. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Actually, I just came across a new article that covers that potential problem, Neil...

At the time the transition actually happened, we were actually pretty close to being near final, so what we're doing is we're making a pass through all the levels, taking a good hard look at every single one, to make sure they all have the same attention to detail, the variety of gameplay... not just fighting ghost after ghost after ghost but there will be environmental interactions, puzzles and other interesting things to do that are within the remit of what Ghostbusters are expected to do... We're just pushing that through all the levels, really taking the time to do it right.
    SOURCE

Super Moderator

UK
    Good on them.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    UK XBOX Magazine votes Ghostbusters:The Video Game as the #1 must play game of 2009.

LINK

This thing is getting some killer reviews and build up lately...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I forget where I read it, but the head designer of the game was saying "Activision is going to be sorry!"

Let's hope he's right!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I forget where I read it, but the head designer of the game was saying "Activision is going to be sorry!"

Let's hope he's right!
    That's actually the head hancho of Atari. He said he wants to prove Activision wrong because they ditched it claiming that it wasn't a money maker and has no potential for sequels.

So yeah....Activision is stupid...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    just to tide y'all over i recommend dusting off your ps2 and grabbing a copy of ghosthunter.

id post a youtube link but i cant find one.

-i know, coming up empty on youtube, thats a first.