Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Who you gonna call?

Super Moderator

UK
    Blimey - spiffing footage there.

Looks like it can potentially be a chore to get a ghostie into a trap though from that second vid - possibly the one playing it was just not very good though, lol.

Looking great though, I just hope it lives up to the hype and has plenty of variety throughout - and hopefully it's properly balanced too. i.e. "Casual" actually IS casual, "normal" actually IS normal, and "hard" actually IS hard.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Those cut scenes just look incredible, imho. You can tell that they've really been putting in extra time to work on the game. You guys who weren't too impressed with the first trailer, what do you think of the newer, more polished look?

For comparison to the original trailer:
    Stay Puft looks much better

Is it just me or does Ray look less like Dan Aykroyd now?

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Is it just me or does Ray look less like Dan Aykroyd now?
    Yeah. But Aykroyd has one of the most subtly weird-shaped faces in the movies, it must be pretty difficult trying to model it for a game.

Super Moderator

UK
    Hell yeah, the scenes look much better than they did a while back. It's undeniable.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just watched an Interview on Yahoo Games with Alyssa Milano who plays Venkmans love interest in the game. Sadly, no Sigourney Weaver.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Just watched an Interview on Yahoo Games with Alyssa Milano who plays Venkmans love interest in the game. Sadly, no Sigourney Weaver.
    Yeah, Weaver bowed out at the start but when she heard all the original players were contributing, she wanted back in. To bad for her that the script had already been written around her.

It would have been cool to have Weaver, but after two stories it would have been strange to have her as the center of the story all over again.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    New blog from Atari and loads of new Wii/PS2 screens HERE. This Wii version is sounding like loads of fun. It's got me seriously considering picking up a Wii.

Also new on the GB game front is that if you preorder the 360 or PS3 versions from Gamestop, you receive this free in-game Ghostbusters 2 uniform.

I never was a big fan of the charcoal suits from the "we're back" montage in GB2, but it's a nice little touch for hardcore fans, I suppose. Also, certain Gamestop stores are having a midnight launch for the game. This took me by surprise as I thought they only did that for HUGE games like Halo, RE, etc. Ghostbusters is moving up in the world.

Super Moderator

UK
    I pre-ordered myself a copy of GB the game recently, I was overcome by nostalgia and realised I wanted in on the ground floor, and didn't want to wait until sometime afterwards.

Roll on GB The Game! Nostalgia overload, here I come!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hey hey! If my non-stop postings about the GB game have helped in some small way to convince at least one person here to get the game, then I've done my part as a GB fan.

I've been expecting someone to tell me to stop posting about it so much.

EDIT: For all you Blu Ray owner/lovers out there....The original film is also being released on the same day as the game. No official word on the second film, but we're hearing from reliable sources that it will be delayed because they're working on a special edition. Finally a GB2 with features.

Here's an ad for the BR:

Last edited by bassman; 03-Apr-2009 at 01:48 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well I was gonna get the game anyway, but I think your fanboy explosions have convinced me to definitely get the game brand new - hence the pre-order.

Damn, I bought the bare bones GB2 DVD a few years back when I got the GB1 DVD (it was the first time in years since I'd seen GB, and there I was, suddenly getting to see it totally uncut - i.e. no pre-watershed swearing edits - and I finally got all the adults-only-understand jokes that were littered throughout it ).

That was back 3 or 4 years ago though, but GB has always been a major part of my time growing up ever since I was a wee one, the movies, the cartoon, the toys - and now a videogame, ho-yeah!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    RULE #3 : Split up...

"It's okay....the table broke the fall..."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    RULE #3 : Split up...

"It's okay....the table broke the fall..."
    Still got this horrible feeling it's going to be dull...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Still got this horrible feeling it's going to be dull...
    Damn you Neil! How could say such horrible things?

We'll find out soon enough, though. I've pretty much gotten over that now. There are lots of reviews and interviews where they say it's much more than just the same thing over and over....so I'm taking their word for it.
    Last edited by bassman; 06-Apr-2009 at 07:05 PM.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    That was back 3 or 4 years ago though, but GB has always been a major part of my time growing up ever since I was a wee one, the movies, the cartoon, the toys - and now a videogame, ho-yeah!
    You didn't check out the GB video games back in the day? There was at least one for the arcade and a few for Genesis and a couple for NES.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    You didn't check out the GB video games back in the day? There was at least one for the arcade and a few for Genesis and a couple for NES.
    Nah - I had a Mega Drive, but during my time with it I only amassed about 14 games or something. Plus, not having the internet, nor frequently buying videogame magazines, and not being a financially flush family, you miss out on various games.

These days though the internet really helps disseminate the knowledge, plus I have my own money to spend on games nowadays ... not that I'm financially flush either, mind you.