Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Who you gonna call?

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh man oh man oh man!

I'm SO hard for this game right now ... well not literally, but you know, in terms of fanboy joy ... ho-yeah!

Actually I'd have liked it if the entire song had played with a whole sequence of them getting unpacked and chilling out and so on in the firehouse.

I'm proper up for this game now - my pre-order is already in place - I just hope it lives up to the growing hype, and importantly has great gameplay and is properly balanced - a poorly balanced game can really take the shine off, or just take a huge dump all over it.

Battlefield Bad Company's "casual" mode certainly isn't, plus the enemies are far too precise in casual mode ... or Saints Row where even on casual mode, the difficulties for side tasks varies HUGELY from piss-easy to literally impossible ... or Rainbow Six Vegas where, again, casual mode is anything but.

Anyway - roll on GB The Game, I'm SO UP FOR THIS!!!

I'd always been interested in it, and have been following this thread since it was started, and been following all the links posted by bassman etc, but it wasn't until recently that I got "the tingly feeling" - and that intro video just juiced me further.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm fairly certain that's not the whole intro. I imagine it continues with the guys getting out of the Ecto 1B with smoking traps and Janine is sitting there with the rookie. Much like the scene with Winston's interview in the first film.

Mike....I agree about the cheesy dialogue. But....it's a game, so I can over look it.

What about that commercial though? A great call back to the cheesy commercials in the two films. Ray is reading a que card above the camera, Egon has the flashlight(I lol'd on that one) and Peter is trying to be serious and a salesman. Great stuff, imo. Winston was strangely absent, but he usually gets the shaft on those sorts of things. Maybe he was operating the camera.

One minor thing that bothered me is the opening credits. GB1 and GB2 didn't have any opening credits. It was was just "bam!", you're in it. BUT....I understand that the developers want everyone to know that all the original players are involved.

Just a little taste, but I think it shows that they've tried extremely hard to stay close to what the films were about. There's a german interview that I didn't post here where the lead designer on the game is ask about it staying true to the franchise and his response was something like "Well....I can tell you that we didn't COMPLETELY fuck it up. We all feel that we nailed it, but that's up for the gamers to decide. But it's not TOTALLY fucked."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Walmart exclusive trailer.

the cinematics are an older build, but I just wanted to post it because I thought it was funny.

"Who wouldn't want that super power?"
    "Did Winston just say Take it to the bridge?"

This game looks like it will spawn memorable lines like the films.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "Officially Stuck"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Sony.....can go to hell. In a move that really shouldn't surprise me, Sony has delayed the release of GB:TVG for every system except their own Playstation 2 & 3.

As of right now this is only for countries outside of the U.S., but everyone is expecting them to do the same thing here. So Playstation owners will still get the game on the expected release date, but 360/DS/PC gamers must wait "several months" before the game is released on their platforms.

What a load of fucking shit. Sony has once again screwed the fans just because they can.

So MZ....you may want to contact the company your preordered with.

God I fucking hate Sony pictures. Money grubbing bastards.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Assholes! They better not do that here; I just pre-ordered the game like 3 days ago (I'm getting a free GB t-shirt for doing so)!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Assholes! They better not do that here; I just pre-ordered the game like 3 days ago (I'm getting a free GB t-shirt for doing so)!
    Where's an online petition to bitch about this? I'll sign it.

WHAT AN EPIC ASSHOLE MOVE FROM SONY - THEY CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES WITH THEIR SHITTY THIRD PLACE CONSOLE.

I was proper looking forward to GB:TVG next month, and now Sony have just gone and put themselves in a piss poor light with this move. Wankers.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Are games region coded like DVDs? IF(and that's a big if) this fucked up decision doesn't make it's way over to the US, maybe you can purchase a copy from a US retailer...

EDIT: Turns out that this WILL NOT happen in the US. Unfortunately for MZ and others, 360, Wii, DS, and PC versions are still going to be delayed for PAL coded regions. Man....I'm breathing a sigh of relief for myself, but it still sucks for anyone outside of the US.

Sorry MZ. Maybe you can still somehow order from over here?
    Last edited by bassman; 06-May-2009 at 04:49 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Are we really suprised though? Sony's getting absolutely murdered and have virtually no exclusive titles for their system so why would anyone want to own it? The only thing I use my Ps3 for is a blu ray player. They need a moneymaker, so...

Truthfully this ghostbusters property has been on the shelf collecting dust for far too long because there are too many egos wanting their "cut".

The whole thing reminds me of greedy boxing promotors depriving the fans of the superfight that everyone wants to see and that would actually bring people back just because the money isn't right. Then the finally get the two to fight waaaaaaaaay past their primes.

Now that everyone has apparently been properly compensated they want people to drool over it. One problem though.

Newsflash guys! : Ghostbusters hasn't been mainstream for a good 15+ years. Us older people and younger film buffs remember it fondly because, well frankly, it's not just classic comedy but classic filmaking as well. But today's audience doesn't know what the hell a freakin' ghostbuster is. I doubt the anticipation level for this project is too high. Sony just might have shot themselves in the foot with their decision to pull this property from the mainstream for so long. So long in fact that alot of people have either stopped caring or given up on the greedy bastards doing anything with it.

Two cents ova.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Newsflash guys! : Ghostbusters hasn't been mainstream for a good 15+ years. Us older people and younger film buffs remember it fondly because, well frankly, it's not just classic comedy but classic filmaking as well. But today's audience doesn't know what the hell a freakin' ghostbuster is. I doubt the anticipation level for this project is too high. Sony just might have shot themselves in the foot with their decision to pull this property from the mainstream for so long. So long in fact that alot of people have either stopped caring or given up on the greedy bastards doing anything with it.

I agree with you that for the most part Ghostbusters is past it's prime, but you've got to consider two things. 1 - Old franchises are making comebacks and this is one of the biggest of the eighties, so there's always potential there. 2 - If people don't know Ghostbusters, they know OF Ghostbusters.

There have been studies done that show that the GB "no ghost" logo is the second most recognizable logo in the world. Second only to Coca-Cola. Even small kids that have never seen the films will see the logo and know what it is. So it definitely has a chance of bringing in the dough.

But still. Fuck sony.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    a dilemma arises, im one of the 14 people in the uk that actually owns a playstation 3 still, but i do want to play the co-op with friends on my 360 (if the coop wasnt a rumour ive been out the loop for a while), do i hold off?, just for the achievements im tempted, ive already predicted therell be a cross the streams one, i gota know if im right folks, i gotta know!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    a dilemma arises, im one of the 14 people in the uk that actually owns a playstation 3 still, but i do want to play the co-op with friends on my 360 (if the coop wasnt a rumour ive been out the loop for a while), do i hold off?, just for the achievements im tempted, ive already predicted therell be a cross the streams one, i gota know if im right folks, i gotta know!

So Sony fucked everybody over for 13 other people, gee, thanks Sony.

Seriously though, it's a hugely unclassy move by Sony to do this - it's like DVDs coming out which no longer feature DVD standard extra features because they've ONLY been put onto the Blu-Ghey to try and force people to go Blu-Ghey, which again is massively not the right way to go about it - rule number one - DO NOT PISS OFF THE CUSTOMERS.

Sony have royally pissed me off - and pissed me off even more that this is only PAL who is getting fucked over.

If this had been the decision from the get-go, well then that's how it is - but it wasn't, it's six motherfucking weeks from release and NOW Sony decides to stop massaging our cock and leave us hanging with a throbbing end, and on top of that, they're gonna go off and nosh some other dude's nob right to the happy finish.

Absolutely NO class whatsoever.

I hope the GB fanbase gets up in arms over this, I really do.

As for games being region coded, I think they are - so PAL people are royally fucked over.

A distinctly bad move from Sony. Who the buggery-poo is advising them, Gordon Brown?!

Plus, from a sales perspective in PAL territories, it's retarded - if they want Xmas sales, they're going to have to compete with BioShock 2 and COD:MW2 to name but two massive franchise releases around the same time - and that's just two of the titles.

How about Sony sods right off and releases it next month for us PAL folk. I had that shit pre-ordered weeks ago, now I've gotta go and find something else to buy - yeah - real smart move, Sony...no wonder they came up with the PS3.

Right now though, I'm re-playing this decidedly super-awesome game from Microsoft by the name of Gears of War 2. Shove that up your ass Sony.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 07-May-2009 at 09:43 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, I would understand a bit more if they had announced this from the start, but to drop the ball on it this late in the game? A little over ONE MONTH before the release??? That's ridiculous.

BUT....I guess Atari had no choice. They've been hurting recently and giving Sony back the rights to the PAL distribution helped them out tremendously, I'm sure.

And yes, the GB boards are flooded with pissed off people. Petitions already started and all that mess. Some people "in the know" seem to think that maybe, just MAYBE, the games weren't region coded for some reason. They say that maybe it's too late in the process and Sony can't code for regions now. This is just a rumour of course, but maybe it's a sign of hope that you can order from a US retailer.

Hellsing - I know what happens when you cross the streams.
    Last edited by bassman; 07-May-2009 at 12:10 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Hellsing - I know what happens when you cross the streams.
    Yeah, you get two dudes playing "piss swords" and feeling "a little bit gay" after their childish laughter subsides.

Regardless of whether I could get it imported or not, I'd have to pay motherfucking import duties - the last time I got shafted with that, it was £10 for Customs & Excise to buttfuck me, then another £3 for Royal Mail to turkey-slap me. £13 on top of the actual price of the item and the shipping costs.

So regardless of Region Coding, as a game costs waaaaaaaay more than the stingy-as-all-buggery £18 limit the gubment insists upon keeping, I'm gonna be left waiting around like a royally pissed off consumer - epic fail on Sony's part. Epic fail.

Do you have any links to petitions? I'd gladly sign, if only to exert my consumer anger.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    LOL - This gives you an idea of how GB fans around the net are feeling....

I won't give it away for spoiler's sake, but I'll tell you guys that crossing the streams is shown in a few of the game play videos out there. But let's just say that you shouldn't cross the streams all that often.
    Last edited by bassman; 07-May-2009 at 12:18 PM.