Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Who you gonna call?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    What I'm more interested in, is why a bunch of websites where you can pre-order the game (for PAL), haven't yet changed the release date of the game - and the one I'm pre-ordered with went so far as to change the date to October, then change it back to June 19th.
    Because PS3 versions are still out on June 19th. Also the October date has changed again to TBA. If I have to wait longer than October then Atari can shove their f**king stupid game up their arse!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Because PS3 versions are still out on June 19th. Also the October date has changed again to TBA. If I have to wait longer than October then Atari can shove their f**king stupid game up their arse!
    Yeah, PS3 - but I'm pre-ordered for 360, and it still changed to October, and then back to June, and a bunch of other sites haven't changed their dates either - lazy or what?

And yet again, it'll be a shedload of games all at once - GB, BioShock 2, COD:MW2 ... I'll keep my pre-order for GB, play it, then get MW2 brand new (and I'll no doubt blast through it swiftly anyway as I usually do with COD games), and then I'll put BS2 on my list to Santa.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Janine Melnitz(Annie Potts) "Trailer"

Most people probably wouldn't agree, but I consider her to be a vital part of the franchise. Definitely glad she's back. "Ghostbusters, Whaddaya want?!?"

Also, a total list of achievements can be found HERE. A few could be considered spoilers, fyi.
    Last edited by bassman; 17-May-2009 at 09:47 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Janine Melnitz(Annie Potts) "Trailer"

Most people probably wouldn't agree, but I consider her to be a vital part of the franchise. Definitely glad she's back. "Ghostbusters, Whaddaya want?!?"

Also, a total list of achievements can be found HERE. A few could be considered spoilers, fyi.
    hehe, nifty.

And yet here I am, in the PAL zone, getting effed-in-the-ay ... bloody Sony.

capncnut
    She was great in Crimes Of Passion.

And yet here I am, in the PAL zone, getting effed-in-the-ay ... bloody Sony.
    Yeah, the chances of me playing this game before the year is out are minimal.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Yeah, the chances of me playing this game before the year is out are minimal.

Just buy a PS3! That's what sony wants you to do!

Super Moderator

UK

I think Capn does/did have one, but never played it.

Also, no way man - I'll play it my way, not their way.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    All I use my ps3 for is to watch blu rays. If a game comes out for the 360 I'll get it for that instead.

It seems as if my ps3 will be good for something other than a stunt double for a george forman grill.

That's why I never get rid of anything because one never knows.

I'll let you guys know how it is.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    actually, with live my ps3 was just a cheap bluray player, but when i was off the net for a while i got really into metal gear solid 4, disgea 3, resistance 1 and 2 and siren bloodcurse to name a few.

So its the gamecube of last gen, great offline, but when you can go on xbox live its a pale comparison, even if its free, i play the resistance 2 online 16 player co-op but i still havent tried anything like little big planet online because its just more a single player experience, sit down, enjoy a story filled game and move on to the next.

which in hindsight was pretty much the difference between my ps2 and original xbox really. so i guess nothings changed.

capncnut
    I think Capn does/did have one, but never played it.
    Won a PS3, played about an hour of Oblivion, a bit of Metal Gear and some demo disc. After that, it sat on the shelf for about two months so I traded it in. It's a dog of a console.

Dude, I won a PS3 and still traded the f**ker in. I would rather wait THREE YEARS than cave in and buy that Sony piece of crap.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    actually, with live my ps3 was just a cheap bluray player, but when i was off the net for a while i got really into metal gear solid 4, disgea 3, resistance 1 and 2 and siren bloodcurse to name a few.

So its the gamecube of last gen, great offline, but when you can go on xbox live its a pale comparison, even if its free, i play the resistance 2 online 16 player co-op but i still havent tried anything like little big planet online because its just more a single player experience, sit down, enjoy a story filled game and move on to the next.

which in hindsight was pretty much the difference between my ps2 and original xbox really. so i guess nothings changed.

Good insight.

Imo, the difference between the gamecube and the ps3 is that I actually WANTED to play games on the gamecube. Whenever a game came out for both the ps2 and gamecube I would always get the gamecube version. Partly because of the common knowledge that the cube' is graphically superior.

No one wants to play games on the ps3 at all for some reason. I can't think of a single thing that it does better than the 360 despite sony touting it's machine's superior specs. They have to tout something in order to justify that exorbitant price tag after all.

It seems as if the time is right for sega to make a console comeback. Sony is weak. Go for the Jugular!!

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Gamespot 6 minute review/preview

They also have quite a few new screens.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Those screens look awesome.

I'll bet you one thing though. That Murray and Akroyd had it written into the contracts that their game doubles have good, thick heads of hair. I mean did ya see the manes on those dudes!?!

United States
    Eurogamer seems to have posted their review, giving Ghostbusters a 9 out of 10. The site is in Spanish, but I ran it through babelfish to give a rough outline of the text. Aparently the only thing keeping it from perfection is the lack of Rick Moranis:

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...rUrl=Translate

a few bullet points:

-main quest will take 8-10 hours
    -there's some slowdown, but it's not a major issue
    -great particle and fluid/snot effects
    -online multiplayer could not be tested at the time of review
    -most stuff in the environments is destructible
    -rick moranis is not in the game (boo!)
    -silent protagonist.
    -some puzzles, but its mainly an action game.
    -team AI is not shitty
    -great learning curve.
    -hud displayed in the character's backpacks for a higher level of immersion in the game
    -one of the game's chapters is merely a filler (one of the few issues they mention)
    -lots of different ghosts with epic bosses.

The final sentence of the review makes me smile:

If you like Ghostbusters, this is the game you've always dreamed of.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 20-May-2009 at 10:28 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    thank you, now ill never get dan akaroyds sploodge face out of my head