Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Who you gonna call?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Eurogamer seems to have posted their review, giving Ghostbusters a 9 out of 10. The site is in Spanish, but I ran it through babelfish to give a rough outline of the text. Aparently the only thing keeping it from perfection is the lack of Rick Moranis:

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...rUrl=Translate

a few bullet points:

-main quest will take 8-10 hours
    -there's some slowdown, but it's not a major issue
    -great particle and fluid/snot effects
    -online multiplayer could not be tested at the time of review
    -most stuff in the environments is destructible
    -rick moranis is not in the game (boo!)
    -silent protagonist.
    -some puzzles, but its mainly an action game.
    -team AI is not shitty
    -great learning curve.
    -hud displayed in the character's backpacks for a higher level of immersion in the game
    -one of the game's chapters is merely a filler (one of the few issues they mention)
    -lots of different ghosts with epic bosses.

The final sentence of the review makes me smile:
    You know, I'm gonna take back some of the things I've said about you.

You.....You've earned it.

Administrator

England
    Wii footage...

http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/play/5074...ie/Flash-Video

All looks kinda dull!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Might be better if the player wasn't just trying to destroy everything in sight...

I'm still on the fence about this Wii/PS2 version. If they had used the same design as The Real Ghostbusters, they would've had me from the start.

But I must say that those graphics look pretty good compared to the handful of Wii games I've seen...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    thank you, now ill never get dan akaroyds sploodge face out of my head
    What about Egon's face, it looks like (from that image) he's been touched inappropriately.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    What about Egon's face, it looks like (from that image) he's been touched inappropriately.
    thats because ray "reaches" that far.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    thats because ray "reaches" that far.

Now THAT"S what i call "inside information".

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Now THAT"S what i call "inside information".

Surely that's what you'd call the spoodgy evidence left behind (and inside) for the forensic team to gather?

I know ... I saw the line, danced around it, mocked it a little bit, then went screaming over it.

England
    Sorry guys,but from that footage it looks like the kind of game i'd get bored of within half an hour & never touch again!possibly worth a rent or a borrow off a mate,but i wouldnt buy it!thats just my personal taste though

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Administrator

England
    I Was actually reading in a xbox magazine today that sony has secured the european release rights to this game, so while you yanks are gonna be playing this, it looks very much like us european xbox owners wont be playing this for a year at least.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I Was actually reading in a xbox magazine today that sony has secured the european release rights to this game, so while you yanks are gonna be playing this, it looks very much like us european xbox owners wont be playing this for a year at least.
    There's still hope for you guys. A slight chance that the US 360 version will not be region coded. Then you guys could just order from over here if you wanted. I should hear something about this pretty soon, so i'll be sure to let you know.

There's some new videos out there. They're from the guys over at 1up.com and it's pretty much the entire first three levels of the game. If you don't care about minor spoilers and want to see it, it's HERE. I'm loving how Atari/Sony are only showing off the first few levels or "training" of the game. It's going to be nice to not have the alternate dimension spoiled.....

Super Moderator

UK
    How behind the times are you, Andy?

This news is 3 weeks old now, and it's already been talked about in this thread, or possibly another.

Anyway - apparently us Brits will get it for 360 at the ass-end of October (so another reason why BioShock 2 will go on my Xmas list then, come to think of it). And I was really needing something new to play over the summer, but oh no, Sony have to be bell ends about it.

As for coding - it IS coded - or so I've heard anyway.

Also - we can't import it, not without incurring a massive whack of fines (an extra tenner at least for Customs & Exise to rape you, then at least another three quid for Royal Mail to claim they've helped you out by waiting two weeks to let you know your order has turned up and you owe the gubment money). Last time I got shafted with an import I had to pay an extra £13.

So a few years down the track, and with all this 'deflation' (that doesn't exist) the gubment keep banging on about, it's gotta be at least another £15 on top of the cost of the order AND the shipping.

So that's just daft - and that's if it's not region coded.

In the UK we have an £18 limit on imported goods - and that's FUCKING STINGY AS ALL BUGGERY-HELL, so it is. It's hard enough getting a DVD with shipping costs under £18, let alone the no-chance-in-hell of getting a new release game (£40) plus shipping past the customs wankers.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    First 12 minutes

Finally some extended footage without voice overs. And it's GREAT! I'm amazed at how good everything has turned out. It really feels like a third movie. Had me chuckling a few times. Check it out...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    First 12 minutes

Finally some extended footage without voice overs. And it's GREAT! I'm amazed at how good everything has turned out. It really feels like a third movie. Had me chuckling a few times. Check it out...
    Sorry, what's this got to do with the game? It's just some pre-rendered footage?

I know reviews imply it's good, but I just have this feeling it's going to be dull & boring!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Sorry, what's this got to do with the game? It's just some pre-rendered footage?
    There's game play too.