Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Who you gonna call?

Super Moderator

UK
    Well ... I guess I could go and watch this video ... after all, I've gotta wait till Oc-sodding-tober to play this because of a certain gang ... who's name rhymes with Tony.

By then I'll have forgotten this whole video most likely.

Goddamn, if this is coming out October, and if Episodes of Liberty City is the ass-end of September, and then CODMW-of-awesome-2 is out in the first half of November, then I'm gonna have a boatload of gaming on my hands - and that's not taking into account BioShock 2!

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!

And where am I right now? Without a new game to play, and no Ghostbusters for months.

It's a stupid system, they should spread it out a bit more. If you can have summer blockbusters (a bunch of people leaving the sun to sit inside in the dark) doing really well, surely you can at least put out a couple of kick ass gaming titles in the summer too...less holiday competition, and a greater chance of the customer buying your product.

It makes sense to me anyway!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Demo available for download this week.

Looks like PSN will be the only network to get the demo. Man...Sony sure does seem greedy...

EDIT: New trailer from E3.

*rocks in a corner chanting* Two more weeks, two more weeks, two more weeks...
    Last edited by bassman; 01-Jun-2009 at 06:32 PM.

United States
    IGN has posted their review:

Closing Comments
    If you dug the movies, there's no reason that you should be disappointed with Ghostbusters: The Video Game. There are some moments that cause the game to stumble, but you're getting a new tale in the Ghostbusters canon, fun gameplay, a whole bunch of stuff to destroy, and some cool ghosts to scan. I felt that the game's ending was a bit flat and the romantic interest was forced, but Ghostbusters is a hell of a ride.
    Presentation - 7.5
    The game plays like the third movie in the way it opens and is presented to fans, but some scenes need work. There are moments that don't fit here and there, but overall, it's sweet.

Graphics - 7.5
    The proton streams look great, the ghosts are detailed, and the CG cutscenes rock; but the in-game cutscenes are rough, there's screen-tearing and some aliasing issues.

Sound - 8.0
    The voices make the experience, but I wish Murray didn't sound like he was doing an impression of Venkman. The original music is nice, but it's used a bit too much.

Gameplay - 8.0
    Who doesn't love tearing apart ballrooms and libraries with a Proton Pack? The Meson Collider's worthless, but it's fun to wrangle ghosts into traps.

Lasting Appeal - 8.0
    A playthrough should take about eight hours, however, there are hidden artifacts to go back for and the multiplayer is actually a lot of fun for ghostheads.

OVERALL - 8.0
    Sound's great!
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 08-Jun-2009 at 11:35 PM.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Man, the game's only 8 hours? Looks like I'm pretty upset I reserved this. The multiplayer better be a hell of an experience!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yep....some good reviews rolling in. Here's a list of a few of the big ones so far.

OXM - 8/10
    IGN - 8/10
    Nintendo Power - 75/100
    Eurogamer Spain - 90/100
    Pelit - 84/100
    LEVEL - 80/100
    Level7.nu - 70/100
    Edge Magazine - 70/100

Not bad. Especially for a movie-based game.

**EDIT**:

If you live outside of Region 1, it's been confirmed today that the R1 360 version of this game is NOT region coded. So if you're foaming at the mouth for some GB action and don't want to wait another few months, you can buy it from the states.
    Last edited by bassman; 09-Jun-2009 at 03:28 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    If you live outside of Region 1, it's been confirmed today that the R1 360 version of this game is NOT region coded. So if you're foaming at the mouth for some GB action and don't want to wait another few months, you can buy it from the states.
    If you don't mind waiting an additional 2 weeks after your delivery arrival time to then get whacked with at least £13 ($21.16) of customs fines & Royal Mail charges...

*starts twiddling thumbs for October*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    If you don't mind waiting an additional 2 weeks after your delivery arrival time to then get whacked with at least £13 ($21.16) of customs fines & Royal Mail charges...

*starts twiddling thumbs for October*
    I'm not sure how all that customs stuff works, but there are people on some GB forums saying they have their copies preordered and ready to be at their doorstep on the same day as the US release date. And they have found some places to get it on the el-cheapo.

I don't know how they did it, but.....that's what I heard.
    Last edited by bassman; 10-Jun-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'm not sure how all that customs stuff works, but there are people on some GB forums saying they have their copies preordered and ready to be at their doorstep on the same day as the US release date. And they have found some places to get it on the el-cheapo.

I don't know how they did it, but.....that's what I heard.
    Either way, fact is with the UK at least, there is an £18 limit (including shipping costs) on all imports. Here in the UK, an Xbox 360 game costs £40.

Above that and you suffer the aforementioned fines and delays.

capncnut
    I DO want to play Ghostbusters but I'll be posting my thoughts about it next year, when it's in the bargain bin for £14.99. Too many better games out towards the end of the year that take a much bigger priority.

Administrator

England
    LOL! The PC version does NOT have online co-op!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah....apparently they gave the PC version the shaft. Several things missing from what I hear. I guess that's why the PC version is much cheaper than the others...

Today's the day for me, folks! This evening I'll be heading out and picking up the game at 12:01 am. I'll let you guys know what I think.

Oh...and FYI, if you do plan on playing this game watch out for youtube and gaming sites right now as the ending/cutscenes/major spoilers are out.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    LOL! The PC version does NOT have online co-op!
    LOL, WTF?

Of all the formats you'd figure that the PC would have online co-op. How sloppy.
    Last edited by capncnut; 15-Jun-2009 at 01:58 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    LOL, WTF?

Of all the formats you'd figure that the PC would have online co-op. How sloppy.
    This is most likely because Sony wanted their system to have all the perks. I'm surprised they have multiplayer on the 360, too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    This is most likely because Sony wanted their system to have all the perks. I'm surprised they have multiplayer on the 360, too.

lol.

That may be the case but don't make the mistake of thinking that sony didn't fight tooth and nail to make sure they didn't. It's just that Sony can't bully MS around.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    LOL, WTF?

Sounds terrible doesn't it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan