Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Who you gonna call?

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, aye I read further after posting that and saw ... sounds interesting.

Hmmm ... copyright issues eh? Interesting.

Hopefully it'll get resolved, I think there's plenty of fans out there to make the game a success for the moneymen (if that's all the moneymen can think about).

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    lol, aye I read further after posting that and saw ... sounds interesting.

Hmmm ... copyright issues eh? Interesting.

Hopefully it'll get resolved, I think there's plenty of fans out there to make the game a success for the moneymen (if that's all the moneymen can think about).

Well, see....the main problem is that the franchise rights are split between several different parties: Sony pictures, Ivan Reitman, Harold Ramis, Dan Aykroyd, and Bill Murray.

Reitman, Ramis, and Aykroyd still love the franchise and would allow just about anything. The problem is Sony and mainly Bill Murray.

When GB3 almost happened, Murray refused to participate despite his "friends" Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis basically begging him. Finally, he agreed to do a SMALL cameo roll and let them have his portion of the rights. The only problem was that he wanted Sony to buy his rights from him and pay him a pretty large sum. Sony refused. After Aykroyd argued with Sony about it, they fired him from their studios.

So now Bill Murray wants nothing to with it at all, Sony pictures has fired the owners of the other portion of rights, and Ghostbusters 3 will likely never happen. This is probably the same thing that will prevent this game from happening.

Administrator

England
    Game is legit, but on hold!

Excitingly, we can confirm that yes(!) ZootFly has been working on a Ghostbusters game and the videos that appeared on YouTube are indeed 100% legitimate. However, the bad news is that the game is currently on hold.
    http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/755/755532p1.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Hopefully Sony and Murrary can be won over, particularly Murray as if he has to do f*ck all (they could even get someone to mimick his voice - it's been done before quite successfully in other mediums), then perhaps it might happen.

I think it's pretty harsh to deny a loyal fanbase out there more GB goodness, it really is.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    damn straight man, i had to get a ghostbusters logo shirt from hmv today cus'-a this

Super Moderator

UK
    lol @ Hellsing's impulse Hoomv purchase ... ahh, those were the days.

I loved running off to buy sh*t (DVDs or whatever) after getting all hot for something after seeing it online or on TV or whatever ... then half the time I'd kinda regret the impulsiveness ...

What were we on about? Oh yeah, G-bustaz!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There still might be some hope...

Some members on a Ghostbusters forum that I visit have a pretty good theory as to how this game can be made without the Sony/Bill Murray problems.

At about the time the origial Playstation had been around for a year and a half, a company called Dreamcatcher Games purchased the rights and released a game based on "The Extreme Ghostbusters" cartoon. It could be possible that they purchased the rights to that Ghostbusters game and any Ghostbusters video game that may follow.

IF this is true, perhaps Zootfly can purchase the rights from Dreamcatcher and proceed with the game. The only difference would be that they could not use character likenesses of any of the characters. They may be able to use the same names(much like the comic series that was released a year or so ago), but they can't look like the actors that played the Ghostbusters.

It's all a stretch, I know. Then again, maybe Sony will recognize the potential of a GB game on these new systems and give it the go as a game based on the first movie. Here's hoping.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    damn straight man, i had to get a ghostbusters logo shirt from hmv today cus'-a this
    I picked up the DVD today for £2.99 in HMV because of this. "Bustin' makes me feel good!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    I feel like a sad, sad man. I have....let's see,

- 7 Ghostbusters shirts(new)
    - an original blue one that was given out around set while filming(one is visible at the end of the movie)
    - an original theatrical poster that was taken from the theater that premiered the movie in New York(paid lots of money for this.It's HUGE too - not your ordinary poster)
    - Autographed photo with the three original GB's walking out of the elevator - signed by all three.
    - Autographed photo with the four GB's standing beside the Ecto-1 and covered in marshmellows - signed by all four GB's and Director Ivan Reitman)
    - All issues of "The Real Ghostbusters" comic book series.
    - The book, "Making Ghostbusters" - Good read for you movie buffs. Has everything you can think of.....
    - The new Ghostbusters comic series, "Legion" - Multiple copies with different covers.
    - 3 model cars - two of the Ecto-1(first movie) and one of the Ecto-1a(second movie)
    - two Coca Cola cans with the Ghostbusters logo from 1984.
    - A replica proton pack that I made myself - roughly 90-95% screen accurate. This is my Halloween custome and stays on display on the wall in my gameroom the rest of the year.
    - The soundtrack on a record that is shaped and colored like the logo
    - "The Music of Ghostbusters" book which teaches how to play the songs from the soundtrack as well as the score.
    - A statue of the Stay Puft Marshmellow man(can be seen in a quick shot in "40 year old virgin")
    - several copies of the movies on DVD. two copies of the original VHS'
    - the only three available dvds of RGB.
    - plus a good bit more that I can't think of at the moment.....

Beat that motha f*ckas!

I know....It's sad. But at least it will be ALOT of money when I want to sell it!
    Last edited by bassman; 17-Jan-2007 at 07:39 PM.

capncnut
    I saw a great Ghostbusters shirt the other day in my local geeky comic book store. Had slimer on the front in illuminous green, smiling with all the hotdogs in his mouth.

Super Moderator

UK
    Jesus all-singing-all-dancing Christ, bassman! That's a collection right thar!

Man ... TGB was one of the big big things back when I was a kid, I was mad for it - still am - it's a superb movie (superb movies actually).

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I had to point this out to some of you Ghostheads out there.......

I just revently found this teaser trailer on Youtube of an independent fan film called "Return of the Ghostbusters". It uses a song that I remember from "Backdraft" and possibly from the TV show, "Baywatch".

I got a kick out of it and I thought some of you would. Here it is....

Super Moderator

UK

Pretty darn cool that, just goes to show the GB fanbase is alive and kicking and that there's still plenty of love out there for the series - and damn straight too, the movies/cartoon were friggin' excellent.

capncnut
    Is that a real movie or just another one of these fan made 'fake' trailers?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I read up on some promising news that I had missed over this past weekend...

According to protoncharging.com, Dan Aykroyd talked to The Edmonton Sun about the end of his acting career and a "Ghostbusters" game while touring with The Blues Brothers. He had this to say on the subjects:

As such, he hasn’t much time left for Hollywood. Aside from a role in the Adam Sandler-starring I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, due out later this year, Aykroyd says he’s pretty much done with acting after a fun, 30-plus year run.

He will, however, be revisiting the role of Dr. Raymond Stantz for a Ghostbusters video game.

“Universal purchased the rights from Sony for a game. I’m actually going to have to perform and do some motion capture for them. That will be next year.”

A "Ghostbusters" game that the Franchise creator is involved with? Wow. Whether or not he's refering to the Zootfly demos is yet to be seen.

And in other great GB news....Aykroyd also spilled the beans on the fact that a "Ghostbusters 3" is still a posibility and even Bill Murray has agreed to it. Whats the catch, you ask? It's going to be CGI. No wonder Murray agreed to voice a CG Venkman after having voiced "Garfield" TWICE. This is only what Aykroyd says(which IS a good thing), but I'm waiting for a studio announcement. Plus, I'm a bit weary of the whole CGI thing.....