Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Who you gonna call?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ah fuck it. Two days and still stuck in the same place.

I'm going to take MZ's advice and go back to easy. Better to enjoy a game instead of getting so frustrated with it that you want to beat the system with an aluminum bat.

And I swear if I keep hearing Venkman's lines for revival, i'm going to be suicidal. "Yo! Over here! Lil help. Lil help!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    nice one, hellz.

and until you've completed any of the call of duty games on veteran, you don't know the true definition of "frustration".

i was thinking of picking this up the other day, but i'm gonna wait till the price is a bit closer to 40 bones.
    call of duty 2 on veteran is one of the most fun fps experiences ive ever played, same goes for the "one shot and your dead" mode of GRAW it actually requires a little more thought than random button mashing and its so much more fun and satisfying to complete a harder challenge like that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Ah fuck it. Two days and still stuck in the same place.

I'm going to take MZ's advice and go back to easy. Better to enjoy a game instead of getting so frustrated with it that you want to beat the system with an aluminum bat.

And I swear if I keep hearing Venkman's lines for revival, i'm going to be suicidal. "Yo! Over here! Lil help. Lil help!"

I think that's the right call dude. In the big scheme of things what level you finish a game on is only psychological. You're still going through the same storyline and in most cases get the same achievements.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Damn straight, games are supposed to be fun - so enjoy it rather than get frustrated by it. I know I've had that when I've been stuffed by a game, or stuck at a point, or had a really inconvenient freeze or whatever - it's lame, and it makes playing the game unenjoyable. So it's about finding the fun again - in your case, dropping the hard setting and just having a swell time.

capncnut
    Yeah, I don't give a toss about completing every setting (except Tony Hawk's games because they are religion to me), it's all about enjoyment. I used to attack my cousin because he used cheats in GTA - it's not my style of play but I have learned to accept it because that's how he likes to play. And he probably got more fun out of the game than I did.

I remember someone had a sly dig at me when I admitted that I selected Easy on my first playthrough of L4D. "I wouldn't even think of playing L4D on any other setting but advanced" - good for you but that's not how I roll it and it don't make you a better player. Even on Tony Hawk, I always begin on Novice (when I could probably slaughter it at the highest level) because I like to progress naturally. That's what I like to do.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I used to attack my cousin because he used cheats in GTA - it's not my style of play but I have learned to accept it because that's how he likes to play. And he probably got more fun out of the game than I did.

I restarted GTAIV using the cheat codes and it was a friggin blast! It was so much fun having everything at my fingertips while going through the story.

Speaking of GTA, does it have live? If so, what is it? Now that I'm on live I need to go back and see what my older games have to offer...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I restarted GTAIV using the cheat codes and it was a friggin blast! It was so much fun having everything at my fingertips while going through the story.

Speaking of GTA, does it have live? If so, what is it? Now that I'm on live I need to go back and see what my older games have to offer...
    Cheat codes rule !! Half life 2 bored me to tears without them.

I prescribe to the marijuana theory. If it wasn't meant for us to use then why is it here?....

Last edited by darth los; 24-Jun-2009 at 08:13 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    yeah, gta4 has online play, you access it through niko's cell phone. the lobbies are kinda lame, given that the person selected as the host (the player with the crown icon next to their gamertag) gets to select what weapons will be used, the area of map available, police on/off options, friendly fire, etc...

and like with most games, some people are almost unnaturally good and impossible to kill, meanwhile they can put you down with a single headshot from a block away.

gta4's controls and movements made for some boring online play (when it comes to deathmatches and whatnot, especially since you always gotta chase down a decent weapon and some armor to even stand a chance against previously mentioned video game gurus), but just dicking around in free-roam with some buddies is usually a good time.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    and like with most games, some people are almost unnaturally good and impossible to kill, meanwhile they can put you down with a single headshot from a block away.
    Yeah, that gets right on my tits. I was playing Stranglehold live and some invisible c**t kept killing me. Whenever I was back in play, I would be dead within another ten seconds and there was absolutely no way of telling where this dude was. And those maps are small.

If people want to play, they should just play instead of hiding, the flimsy little pussies!

Undisclosed
    "And I swear if I keep hearing Venkman's lines for revival, i'm going to be suicidal. "Yo! Over here! Lil help. Lil help!"

Yes - the background chatter is repetitive. The problem is that you generally have talent in for so many days that to get them to read all the secondary lines is hard to schedule. ( For example, we had about 6000 battle chatter lines in COD: World At War - but it wasn't JUST Sutherland reading the lines - they had several actors)

I think they should have gotten some knock off voices for that - you would have never noticed and it would be less annoying.

pJ
    "See you in L.A., Marvin." - Jack Walsh

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So I guess I've pretty much done everything there is to do with this game. I've beat both the next gen and wii versions on all three difficulties, collected all of the artifacts, and just about got all the achievements.

All things considered, I still give the game a 7.5 or 8 out of 10. It's solid as a video game, but incredible as a third story in the Ghostbusters franchise. Most of the flaws are minor and you can overlook them.

Now bring on the DLC!
    Last edited by bassman; 01-Jul-2009 at 01:32 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If there is anyone interested, the demo is now available on PSN and Live...

Super Moderator

United States
    Thanks, Bass. I think I'd rather give the demo a shot before wading in and buying.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Thanks, Bass. I think I'd rather give the demo a shot before wading in and buying.
    No problem. I hope you enjoy it!

The weird thing is....it's a different demo for each system. So if you have both ps3 and 360, you can actually play two levels for free.

And I guess this gives our pals overseas who got f*cked on the release date a chance to see what it's about.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Releasing a demo a month AFTER the release !?! What will they think of next.

My son actually plays the game more than I do and it's no left 4 dead but I really like it as well. In terms of game purchases you could do alot worse.