Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Who you gonna call?

Super Moderator

UK
    A CGI Ghostbusters? Interesting ... I guess it makes sense as it'd probably be a big legend crushing to see these guys you loved from the first two movies now all pudgy and shagged out looking ... but aye, the CGI movie thing ... a tad iffy, but I'd definitely watch it and who knows - it could be awesome.

I read the same interview snippet over on ActionTrip - cool news indeed, I presume it is to do with the Zootfly game being made, and it suggests that the rumours about IP troubles were just that, rumours.

A GB game - yes please!

capncnut
    I'm not sure about the CGI movie (sounds dodgy, I want a REAL movie) but the game would definitely get bought.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well oh well....what could THIS possibly be about?

I'm betting that it's most likely the official GB game with all the original characters and what not, but as some people on the page have mentioned....it would also be cool to have a Back to the Future game.

This also recently popped up online. It's unclear whether or not it is real, but it looks pretty sweet.

It's been officially announced by Aykroyd that the main guys are definitely voicing the game, so maybe we're going to get an announcement/trailer soon?
    Last edited by bassman; 13-Nov-2007 at 05:38 PM.

United States
    They are actually making a Ghostbusters game! Check out the cover of next months Game Informer:

Harold Ramis, Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd are getting back together and revisiting their roles to make a sequel to Ghostbusters 1 and 2 – in video-game form, and we’ve got the first details. Both Aykroyd and Ramis are teaming up for scriptwriting duties and are going far beyond just the typical licensed add-your-voice-to-the-game-you-had-nothing-to-do-with formula. And no, this has nothing to do with the Ghostbusters Zootfly video demonstration that floated around the internet in January.

http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/2...1221.16217.htm

Its so cool that the original gang are all coming back for this. Ghostbusters 3 in video game form? I'll take it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    When is that issue released, coin? This must be the announcement that Vivendi was talking about. It has to be.

Universal bought the rights for a GB game from Sony, Universal also happens to own Vivendi, and now Vivendi is saying that they're going to announce a 80's franchise....this has to be it.

"I can feel it...we're very very close"
    Last edited by bassman; 14-Nov-2007 at 09:10 PM.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Farkin A! This should be pretty awesome.

It would also rule if someone made a BTTF sandbox game, like someone said on that site.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i sequel to a movie, but you can actually play as one of the ghostbusters?

....game of the year, im saying that right now.

more info http://kotaku.com/gaming/ghostbuster...ame-322943.php

its by the guys who did bloodrayne......
    Last edited by Danny; 15-Nov-2007 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Here is another short article about the game

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164388
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah mate BTTF sandbox game WOULD be awesome!

*Power of Love chimes in head*

I can just see myself skating around the town square right now...

And w00ty-w00t to the GB game!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This article has what appears to be a screen shot. I don't know if it's real or not, but I would be okay with it. http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...hostbusters...

Man....you guys know how I am about Ghostbusters so this news is like the second coming of christ. Or the coming of Gozer - I haven't decided which.

Being that this is written as a sequel after Ghostbusters II, I wonder if the title will be Ghostbusters III, Ghostbusters: Hellbent(the original script title) or just Ghostbusters.

EDIT!: Holy sh*t.....check it out!!
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Nov-2007 at 12:18 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    if they use a crossing the streams reference ill be happy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The graphics don't look incredible, but pretty good. And this may be an early photo and the graphics may be better by now. Either way, I just hope it's a fun game and has the feeling of the original.

Do any of you guys have a subscription to Game Informer? I can't wait to see what news they spill in that issue.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    its apparently, if rumours are true, got 4 player online co-op, so you can go bustin' with people on your buddy list.

...and on drunken firday nights repeat, albet with slurred singing of the theme, till the cops arrive, after the ieghbours called and beat your ass when you attempt to jump them screaming "ray, dont cross the streams" into yourheadset, then piss yourself and fall asleep.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    its apparently, if rumours are true, got 4 player online co-op, so you can go bustin' with people on your buddy list.

...and on drunken firday nights repeat, albet with slurred singing of the theme, till the cops arrive, after the ieghbours called and beat your ass when you attempt to jump them screaming "ray, dont cross the streams" into yourheadset, then piss yourself and fall asleep.

4 player co-op makes my mouth water. Busting ghosts with my brother(Also a huge GB fan).

If the rumors are true and this is supposed to take place in the early nineties after GBII, I wonder why Mr. Stay Puft is in it. Slimer too, for that matter.

Hopefully they're not repeating themselves like they did with GBII. Maybe it's some sort of flash back at the beginning of the game where you play key scenes from the first two flicks...that would be great.

Now I just have to wait on a BTTF game like MZ said. It would be great to be marty during the skateboard/hoverboard biff chase.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    itd be cooler than a remake thats for damn sure.