Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Who you gonna call?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm starting to think that it may not be a sequel, after all. Just found this screen grab and I think that it's supposed to be the dinning room from the first movie...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    you have to remember a good slice of there target audience wont remember the movies so this'll most likely be a catch up to speed type thing.

United States
    Yeah, the first couple levels will probably be from the first 2 movies, just to bring the player back in to the Ghostbusters universe.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Cor, that looks proper. I bet you got a big ole wet patch in your shorts Bassman.

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm...wet & sticky no doubt...

I think it's a bit early to be saying 'young folk today don't know Ghostbusters', and with the average age of a gamer being damn near 30, what's the big deal?

Hopefully just catch up missions, filling in gaps. There's many-a-fan out there wanting more than just playing the movies with a joypad.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The site went live.

www.Ghostbustersgame.com

Has a small teaser, photos(AWESOME), and other cool sh*t. Now excuse me while I change my shorts....

EDIT: Go to THIS FORUM and the Game Informer article is linked in the first post. Damn news of this thing is flowing in now. Apparently this game was in development long before those Zootfly videos that popped up on youtube...

EDIT #2: Now THERE'S FOOTAGE. News is just pouring in about this thing. Looks like it's going to be completely awesome.
    Last edited by bassman; 16-Nov-2007 at 02:03 PM.

United States
    That gameplay footage looks SICK. It may be the kid inside, but I've now got complete faith in this game. Can't wait for this one!

Edit: And according to the website, Ernie Hudson is also in it. Good to see they didn't forget about him.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 16-Nov-2007 at 04:46 PM.

capncnut
    Yeah that's incredible, I'm seriously looking forward to this game now. Hmm, I might watch the movie tonight actually...

Super Moderator

UK
    Good looking footage there, didn't see the last smidge of the video, goddamn g4tv stuff loads F*CKING SLOWLY, geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

Anyway, once all the E! Entertainment type bollocks got out of the way of real footage people want to see, it was good. I certainly look forward to playing the game.

Is the footage online anywhere else? Preferably somewhere that actually loads quickly.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As you wish....

With The GB theme added in.

Notice the cake that explodes in the ballroom? That's got to be a little wink to the first movie when Spengler does that.

It says in GI that they're even using Elmer Bernstein's score from the first flick. I can't contain myself any longer. I've got to brace for the longest year of my life.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As a GB fan I think it is cool they are doing something with the property again, but... I am not an avid gamer, and would much rather see a Ghostbusters movie rather than a game. However, I guess if this is all I can get I will take it... Time to dust off the gaming consoles.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    As a GB fan I think it is cool they are doing something with the property again, but... I am not an avid gamer, and would much rather see a Ghostbusters movie rather than a game. However, I guess if this is all I can get I will take it... Time to dust off the gaming consoles.
    I agree, actually. The thing is.....there was no way to make a Ghostbusters 3. Aykroyd has been trying to get it off the ground since about 1995. It just wasn't going to happen, so I guess this was the best alternative. I mean, you get the story of what the movie would've been but you also get to play it.

You know it's tickling you alittle just knowing that it's by the original writers and all the actors are providing motion capture/voices.

Super Moderator

UK
    Ooooh I canny wait!

Although would they be doing the motion capture? They're a bit old for the more athletic stuff...and a bit rotund for it too, so it'd be kinda pointless to get them to motion capture...but w00t for voicing!

And w00t for writing too!

The chance of a 3rd film has long since sailed unfortunately (unless it was some CGI thing like they did with the Ninja Turtles ... who knows, if the game does well, maybe they'll do a CGI movie) ... this is the next best thing, and awesome in it's own right cos as you say - we get to play it now.

And it actually looks like a good game, and will most likely have a good story and so on, not just some cash-in thrown out for a movie's release date.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Ooooh I canny wait!

Although would they be doing the motion capture? They're a bit old for the more athletic stuff...and a bit rotund for it too, so it'd be kinda pointless to get them to motion capture...but w00t for voicing!

And w00t for writing too!

The chance of a 3rd film has long since sailed unfortunately (unless it was some CGI thing like they did with the Ninja Turtles ... who knows, if the game does well, maybe they'll do a CGI movie) ... this is the next best thing, and awesome in it's own right cos as you say - we get to play it now.

And it actually looks like a good game, and will most likely have a good story and so on, not just some cash-in thrown out for a movie's release date.

If you check out the link I posted about the Game Informer article, Aykroyd says in the interview that they did motion capture to reflect how they all move and how their body language works. They just had about 20 years taken off of their bodies in the process.

From what's being said, they're already planning on making it a series of games if this one does well. I can only hope.

One more thing. The game is already on presale through Sierra's site.

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm...I read that article, but I don't remember reading the bit about them motion capturing themselves...huh.

Anyway, 2008 is gonna be a bad ass year for gaming, this and GTA4 and Alan Wake...dude.