Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Who you gonna call?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    so is it gonna be set in the 80's if they gotta make em younger?, ah man theres so many pop culture reference opportunities right thar'

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    so is it gonna be set in the 80's if they gotta make em younger?, ah man theres so many pop culture reference opportunities right thar'
    It said in the game informer article - 1991, 2 years after GB2.

So no Motorola Razr's or carbon footprints! YAY!

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Last edited by bassman; 19-Nov-2007 at 03:06 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    man across the net the buzz on site s about this si huge, its either really going to be the goty of a hooooooje dissapointment.

Administrator

England
    Oi! You cheeky moo! I started this party!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Oi! You cheeky moo! I started this party!
    and he finished it, BURN!

Super Moderator

UK
    Just watching Simpson's on C4+1, Homer just said the line where he was quoting movie angels, including Slimer from Ghostbusters.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Just watching Simpson's on C4+1, Homer just said the line where he was quoting movie angels, including Slimer from Ghostbusters.
    I seem to remember a Ghostbusters reference in the Simpsons where at the end of the show, Homer says something along the lines of "And now we can dance to the greatest song of all time: (whole family)GHOSTBUSTERS!. Then the theme starts and they dance around the living room until the credits roll.

That reminds me...I watched Superbad again last night and there's a nifty GB reference thrown in a few times. Have you seen that flick yet, MZ?

Anywho....I think that this is probably my favorite GB reference. Even though the film it's in isn't that great.

Super Moderator

UK
    Nope, ain't seen Superbad yet...and yes I know that is superlame of me, but I've got the extended & unrated special edition DVD pre-ordered and it comes out in like 2 weeks, so in 3 weeks or under, expect a reference bonanza from me.

Until then, I'll just count the days till I get to laugh till I puke over "McLovin! NICE!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    actually that bit in the trailers 2 scenes seperated by about 40 mins of movie, they just cut it to look, to quote aint it cool "radass".

and you dont need to review it, youll just say "it rocked, makes american pie look worse, and it allready looked pretty bad". jsut like everyone else.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Cool article, but it's basically the same thing we've gotten before. I'm waiting for something that covers the "Ghostbusters 3" aspect of the game rather than the training missions from the first film at the beginning of the game.

I'm really glad that every person that's played/seen it has said that it has fantastic game play and graphics, though. Hopefully it will stay that way and they will only improve on it over the next 10 months...

Because after all....there's never really been a good Ghostbusters game.

Last edited by bassman; 05-Dec-2007 at 03:59 PM.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm hoping for a somewhat non-linear game; ya know, have a map of NYC and it shows where hauntings are happening and you can choose which ones to go to. Then once you're at the location you are free to run around inside the building looking for the ghost(s).

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I'm hoping for a somewhat non-linear game; ya know, have a map of NYC and it shows where hauntings are happening and you can choose which ones to go to. Then once you're at the location you are free to run around inside the building looking for the ghost(s).
    From my understanding, so far the only area that will be free roaming will be the firehouse. The rest is a linear storyline so that it keeps that 3rd movie feel to it. Then again, this could all change before October.