Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Who you gonna call?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    That one was DECENT. But it still wasn't very good. The rest of them REALLY sucked.
    I really liked the Activision Ghostbusters game from the eighties. Still immensely playable now...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So it was announced long ago that Sigourney Weaver would not be returning to play Venkman's love interest. Then it was revealed that his new love interest's name is Alyssa.

Today, it's being reported that Alyssa Milano(From tv shows Who's the Boss & Charmed) will most likely be voicing the character. Weird choice.....but she's hot, so I'll go with it.

From protoncharging.com
    In this month’s issue of German gaming magazine, PC Action, Terminal Reality executive producer Brendan Goss spoke a bit about the game and the cast - the most interesting reveal was the mention of Alyssa Milano as part of the cast. No word on her role, though it’s not hard to assume she will be voicing the new love-interest and damsel in distress. Thanks to Andreas for the heads up and stay tuned for more info!

Now if we could just get an official release date. (god...let it still be october)

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's officially...umm....OFFICIAL! Q2 of 2009! WOOT!!!

http://www.protoncharging.com/gb/wp-.../gb/index.html

United States
    It's officially...umm....OFFICIAL! Q2 of 2009! WOOT!!!

http://www.protoncharging.com/gb/wp-.../gb/index.html
    This is great news,I can't wait until this game comes out.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    This is great news,I can't wait until this game comes out.
    I'm very happy for you Bassman, now you can release all that tantric excitement all over Gozer's face.

Wooo! No doubt I'll be getting my mits on this, I mean who doesn't or didn't want to be a Ghostbuster at some point in their life?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I mean who doesn't or didn't want to be a Ghostbuster at some point in their life?

I have no idea what you're talking about...

And as a small way to "celebrate" this awesome news: This video was filmed in 1983 for Ghostbusters. You may remember it as the song that accompanies the GBs to their first bust(slimer). This was never aired and just uncovered for the first time about 2 weeks ago. It's amazing what stuff you can still find 25 years later...

^^^ Link fixed by lovely caring fluffy mod!

This news of the release has totally made my Thursday.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    I'm very happy for you Bassman, now you can release all that tantric excitement all over Gozer's face.

Wooo! No doubt I'll be getting my mits on this, I mean who doesn't or didn't want to be a Ghostbuster at some point in their life?

"finch you stay the hell away from that pychus, thats a jizz free pychus!"

Super Moderator

UK
    Hellsing - classic.

How on earth does something like that, which people invested money into, and connected to a hugely successful movie, just disappear and not surface again for 24 years?!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    How on earth does something like that, which people invested money into, and connected to a hugely successful movie, just disappear and not surface again for 24 years?!
    There was an interview a few years back with the Bus Boys in which they said that while they did make the video, the studio decided to never release it in order to showcase the theme song more. Or something like that. The Bus Boys themselves had never seen it.

Hell....not too long ago a new deleted scene was found. How does something like THAT stay hidden for so long?

Super Moderator

UK
    There was an interview a few years back with the Bus Boys in which they said that while they did make the video, the studio decided to never release it in order to showcase the theme song more. Or something like that. The Bus Boys themselves had never seen it.

Hell....not too long ago a new deleted scene was found. How does something like THAT stay hidden for so long?
    Any linkage to said scene?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Any linkage to said scene?
    I failed to mention that it was new TO ME. It could have been out there already, but it's a big damn surprise that I missed it after all these years.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    OH MY GOD!!!

THIS is the trailer I wanted. Best game of 09...I'm calling it.

I'm so excited right now, it's ridiculous.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im not the only guy who noticed a 5th ghostbuster a couple of ties in there right?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    im not the only guy who noticed a 5th ghostbuster a couple of ties in there right?

Yeah dude. That's the premise of the game. You play as a newly hired recruit and work with the original four. Notice that Stantz(aykroyd) says "That's your que, killer". They talk to you(the player).

Gotta love Stant'z trademark reference. "That wasn't my fault, I swear!".
    Last edited by bassman; 03-Dec-2008 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    Aww hell yeah.

There's a couple of patches in the trailer that could do with a bit more spiffing up, like Ecto-1 driving on a street, it looks like its skating on ice or floating on air, and could do with a bit more depth - better shadow work perhaps.

Same goes for the blue whoosh of stuff near the start, that could do with being spruced up some more, but I'd imagine they'd be doing that kinda thing in the next few months prior to release, the old spit & polish so-to-speak.

Anyway, hell yeah I'm gonna have a ball playing this game - I just hope it is nicely balanced, has a range of difficulties (so you can either just have fun and not worry too much, or you can be a glutton for punishment if you wish) ... I should re-watch the movies again actually, a pair of classics.