Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Who you gonna call?

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What what what???

What is this man? Is this an upcoming game or just some little project a dude did on his computer?

I'm thinking it's just something a fan did being as Bill Murray has refused to sign away his likeness rights to anything related to Ghostbusters for years and that video looks quite a bit like him.

Info man, info!!!

Administrator

England
    Don't know I'm afraid... Links just emailed to me
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    damn that'd be a sweet game but with the whole licensing rights, and the sketchy logo i think its more of a fan made thing, it'd be awesome if it was real though.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If it is fan made.....it looks pretty damn good.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    if memory serves arent you the guy on this forum whos a big-ass 'busters fan?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    if memory serves arent you the guy on this forum whos a big-ass 'busters fan?
    Yesa, dat's me. If this is a game I will probably piss in my pants.

I've been trying to find some info, but nothing.

EDIT:

Well, so far I've come across that it's being developed by a small independent game company to hopefully sell to the big names. The footage is all just a prototype deal and it could ultimately change.

And on a personal note....being a huge fan of this franshise, I can tell you that there have been MANY attempts at bringing new Ghostbusters merchandise to the world but Sony Pictures stomps it into the mud 9 times out of 10.

Then again, there have been alot of old franchises getting new games(Godfather, Indiana Jones, Scarface, Jaws)......so who knows?

Also found this picture....

Looks like a cross between Aliens and Ghostbusters. It definitely looks like all the actors, though....
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Jan-2007 at 01:15 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im gonna hafta download the theme off the net late,r but just looking round the net i happened to go onto the official uk 360 magazine site and found this

http://www.oxm.co.uk/articles/news/3...ising_xbox_360

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I noticed in that article that they mention it taking place after "Ghostbusters II". If this is true and they're going with this sort of "army" look of the original Ghostbusters and their equipment, they should purchase the script for "Ghostbusters III" that Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis had written and turn that into the storyline of the game.

All fans have given up hope for the film to get made(thanks Murray ) but it could most likely be made into a good game and would fit perfectly with this sort of apocalyptic design they have going in that photo.

The original script was about Hell being on the same plane of existence that we live in only it's like a film shutter, appearing in the darkness between the 24 frames. When you step into hell, it's New York(like the first two films) only gridlocked with everyone speaking a different languages and pure chaos.

As Ramis described: "It's all the worst things about modern urban life, just magnified".

I think it would be a pretty cool idea to save the game being as how it will probably never see the light of day, anyway. At least give it a pretty spiffy storyline stemming from the Creators of the series.

Hey, I would love to see it.....but I've seen SO MANY promising Ghostbusters projects get shot down by either Bill Murray or Sony Pictures that i'm pretty much dismissing it until I see something official.
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Jan-2007 at 03:20 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    best 3rd person shooter ever, and for the 360 no les, heres hoping for 4 player co-op.

capncnut
    That was some pretty sweet footage. I aint played a Ghostbusters game since the old 80's Activision classic (which was boss at the time) and to see it all revamped and groovy like that... wow... I think I just slimed my pants!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The news of this thing is spreading like wildfire. Over at a GB forum that I frequent, people are posting up links.

This thing is getting coverage everywhere. This can only help.

I imagine we'll see some sort of announcement from either Sony or Zootfly(reported creators) within the next few days stating whether this can possibly happen or be a waste of someone's time.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Holy shiv! I really hope this gets picked up and made by a big company! Looks amazing.

Super Moderator

UK
    That looks like it could be a really cool game, they should do it.

Mind you - I hate the 'new' Ecto-1, a crappy Caddy? Are you kidding me? Gimme the old school hearse Caddy, that's what you want. 50's wings and everything!

What was the script for the 3rd film about, bassman?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    That looks like it could be a really cool game, they should do it.

Mind you - I hate the 'new' Ecto-1, a crappy Caddy? Are you kidding me? Gimme the old school hearse Caddy, that's what you want. 50's wings and everything!

What was the script for the 3rd film about, bassman?

Look up, man. I gave a short synopsis a few posts up. And that's not a caddy in those pictures. It's a friggin Dodge/Crysler. You're right though....stick with the ol' 1959 Caddy Hearse/Ambulence combo!

Got some news from IGN folks. Not exactly promising, but maybe all the buzz around the net will help. I knew the copyright thing was going to be hell....

UK, January 16, 2007 - Yesterday, our Aussie-bound IGN colleagues feverishly reported on several mysterious, leaked videos showing an Xbox 360 game based on the Ghostbusters franchise. Today however, we've gone one step further and contacted developer ZootFly to see exactly what the hell is going on.

Excitingly, we can confirm that yes(!) ZootFly has been working on a Ghostbusters game and the videos that appeared on YouTube are indeed 100% legitimate. However, the bad news is that the game is currently on hold.

Bostjan Troha, CEO of ZootFly, told IGN UK: "We are very glad to see the overwhelming response to the Ghostbusters prototype movies. What you've seen is indeed in-game footage of early prototypes on the Xbox 360, running on ZootFly's proprietary engine. Due to licensing issues, further development of the Ghostbusters game hit a bump on the road. But everybody here at ZootFly is working actively on resolving the challenges with the owners of the Ghostbusters IP.

"Not to lose the momentum, a part the ZootFly team is currently working on an original game called TimeO, which is closely related to Ghostbusters. The game follows the adventures of two die-hard New Yorkers. They get trapped deep in the shadow world of a parallel New York. The city itself is a war machine threatening to wipe out our world and they have three days to stop it. As soon as the Ghostbusters IP issue is resolved, the whole team will go back to Ghostbusters."

Fingers crossed that ZootFly manages to surmount those licensing obstacles so it can continue making our 80s movie dreams come true.
    Last edited by bassman; 16-Jan-2007 at 01:16 PM.