Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gabe Newell - "The PS3 is a total disaster on so many levels"

United States
    i converted to a 360 from a sony. i may buy a ps3 when it gets cheaper

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah price IS a factor but its games that wouldm sell me that console, now if they whent ahead with that remake of final fnatasy 7 then the ps3 would sell ****loads, at least in japan.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    1. Gabe Newell was not sexy, man.
    2. The PS3 sucks, and I've been saying it for a long time that it will. I hope this is the last venture Sony does into the video gaming business.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Their reign is at an end, this sort of thing happens I wouldn't have thought PSone could beat the Saturn or even the N64 about ten years ago.

ViP

United States
    Didn't Sony's reign end when the first XBox came out? I wasn't even into gaming that much at the time but I knew if I got a system, it'd be the xbox. The ps2 wasn't even on my radar. They only exclusive I cared about at the time was Twisted Metal, but that franchise had already bit the dust on a previous console.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    If I'm not mistaken, there was no clear reigning champion during the "Second Generation".

Haha, that sounded like some strange wierd sci-fi fairytale. "D'ya all remember the era of the Second Generation? Ah, those were dangerous times..."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Didn't Sony's reign end when the first XBox came out? I wasn't even into gaming that much at the time but I knew if I got a system, it'd be the xbox. The ps2 wasn't even on my radar. They only exclusive I cared about at the time was Twisted Metal, but that franchise had already bit the dust on a previous console.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, there was no clear reigning champion during the "Second Generation".
    [/I]
    Nope, there was a clear winner and it was Sony as sad as that may be.
    This last generation of game systems, the PS2 was on top and there really was no competition that came close. I believe this is why Sony had such a big head about the PS3. The PS2 is the top selling console of all time, selling more than 105 million units, not even the NES sold those numbers. The only gaming system that has sold more units is the original Gameboy, but you must take into consideration that the original Gameboy was around for a very long time before it was replaced with the upgraded versions. The PS2 sold that many in less than 6 years, it really is amazing if you think about it.

On the other hand, I wonder how many of those units were due to the fact of the original design dying on people and them just buying a new one. I know people who have gone through 3 of them with the original design and I have talked to a guy who says he had 5 bust on him, but I'm not so sure how true that was. Either way, they sold a hell of a lot of systems.

Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Its coming to 360 too, did you download the trailer for it on Live? It looks like its gonna take co-op games to the next level. Should be an awesome experience.
    Well, that definatly locks it, I am buying the 360 this summer for sure... but not just for that, that game and many others like Dead Rising, Saints Row, Fable 2, Gears of War, and Halo 2. Sounds like a good line up to me.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJonas190 View Post

On the other hand, I wonder how many of those units were due to the fact of the original design dying on people and them just buying a new one. I know people who have gone through 3 of them with the original design and I have talked to a guy who says he had 5 bust on him, but I'm not so sure how true that was. Either way, they sold a hell of a lot of systems
    yeah, but thats a testament to the sheer amount of awesoem games the ps2 had ,especially if your willing to buy 5 of the buggers.

United States
    Well the PS3 is definitely slipping, I talked to a guy at EB games at the local mall, the following is a direct transcript of our conversation (sort of):

Me: So how are the Wii's selling?
    EB guy: They're in and out
    Me: How about the PS3's?
    EB guy: We can't sell them

My diagnosis is a definite ownage. And another bad review to add to the pile.

Oh yea, I was wondering if there's even a good review from anywhere besides Sony owned magazines/websites and Khardis.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    even though theres no clear winner of the consoel war yet, im pleased to see its obvious that nintey's royally kicked sonys ass "THATS FOR THE N64!"

Twitching

Undisclosed
    If you think the N64 and Gamecube were failures for Nintendo think again, The Playstation was marketed to people now called casual gamers, it brought gaming to millions who were previously put off.
    When the N64 launched, by comparison it was a failure, but it was still a massive success for Nintendo.
    Same goes for Gamecubes run. Nintendo's always come out tops when it comes to software sales too, all this BS from Sony or Microsoft fanboys saying they should do a Sega is absolute crap.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    as much as i love the n64 and my cube it really did fail compared to the ps-one and two, look in any gamestation and cubes are 30 quid each and the games are still like 35, ps2's are 80 to 110 quid and the games are 4 for 20 pounds, same goes for the xbox, the cube was a great console but didnt do anywere as good as the xbox or ps2. though im glad to see the wii has turned that around, trouble is they gotta be careful not to focus on just the motion sensing or the games could get stale and linear fast and i hope that doesnt happen.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    as much as i love the n64 and my cube it really did fail compared to the ps-one and two, look in any gamestation and cubes are 30 quid each and the games are still like 35, ps2's are 80 to 110 quid and the games are 4 for 20 pounds, same goes for the xbox, the cube was a great console but didnt do anywere as good as the xbox or ps2. though im glad to see the wii has turned that around, trouble is they gotta be careful not to focus on just the motion sensing or the games could get stale and linear fast and i hope that doesnt happen.
    I hope that don't happen either, I've been making friends with my Wii lately and I'm loving every minute. As for the P$2 price, I think it's awful, even second hand they are 70 quid! If they lowered the price, it might inject some extra cash into the sinking ship that is $ony.

The other day, a friend of mine went into GameStation and picked up a second hand Xbox with Halo, KOTOR and that mad Broken Sword game for 60 notes - bargain!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Nintendo has always been cheaper than it's competitors. And it looks like even if N64 couldn't compete with PS, and the Gamecube didn't do quite as well as PS2; Wii will outsell Ps3. Probably by 3 or 4-to-1.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Yeah, i'm a bit disappointed with my PS3 thus far, since all the exclusives keep getting delayed. But I remember buying the 360 and waiting months for the release of quality games. It's only been a couple of months and when MotorStorm, Killzone, Fall of Liberty, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Haze and JC's Psychopath hit the stores, things will definitely start to look up.

Don't write off Sony yet. The Playstation 2 is still the top selling console of '06. All the proceeds will definitely go to further the development of exclusive titles for the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    I don't mean to be blunt, but are you stupid? The PS2 crushed the competition and was still the top selling console of '06, even when competing against the next-gen systems.

The 360 is faring well against the PS3, no question about it. But it will never attain the status achieved by the ps2 (which happened to be the weakest console of last gen, by the way).
    Last edited by Chaos; 26-Jan-2007 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost