Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prisoners

United States

Question Prisoners

When I was rotting in jail for 27 days I often thought of what would happen to the people in the jail / prison system of a country if zombies invaded and took over.

I assumed after everything fell apart the prisoners would all be released, But then really no gov't would exist so the guards could really let you rot away in your cell till you starve and die.

thoughts?

United States
    There was a recent post very similar to this. I gotta say tho, I personally think You're screwed. Especially if Ms. Jackson happens along to your prison.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    When I was rotting in jail for 27 days I often thought of what would happen to the people in the jail / prison system of a country if zombies invaded and took over.

I assumed after everything fell apart the prisoners would all be released, But then really no gov't would exist so the guards could really let you rot away in your cell till you starve and die.

thoughts?
    This was covered quite nicely in "The Stand" of course...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Somebody brought that up recently about Peter's brother ("one's in jail").

Yeah, just hope you aint in a jail that Ms Jackson happens along to for protection, she has already said she would non-discriminantly kill every prisoner in the jail to save her own ass, because of course all prisoners are hardedend criminals who would rape and beat and kill her, rather than treat her like a human being.....
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    This was covered quite nicely in "The Stand" of course...
    beat me
    poor Lloyd and the delicious rat
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    see the stadn for mystical guy to help you out, or autumn: echos style, wait for a zombified guard to shamble past and grab his keys.

United States
    hmm I didnt see that ones in jail, my bad guys!

United States
    The comic, The Walking Dead, has a nice take on the prison scenario.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    The comic, The Walking Dead, has a nice take on the prison scenario.
    I agree... TWD did an awesome job of a prison idea but still left e with a few unanswered questions and I haven't finished reading them since I haven't ordered any in a while... but they did a sweet take prisons...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn View Post
    Somebody brought that up recently about Peter's brother ("one's in jail").

Yeah, just hope you aint in a jail that Ms Jackson happens along to for protection, she has already said she would non-discriminantly kill every prisoner in the jail to save her own ass, because of course all prisoners are hardedend criminals who would rape and beat and kill her, rather than treat her like a human being.....
    Sounds like you're angry with her opinions? You'd better not murder any children before a zombie outbreak or Sheriff Jackson is going to shoot you in your cell. Putting drug dealers, and minor criminals aside.....would you open the bars for hard core criminals?

I think with people running for their lives, those who are in jail will mostly be forgotten about.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    Sounds like you're angry with her opinions? You'd better not murder any children before a zombie outbreak or Sheriff Jackson is going to shoot you in your cell. Putting drug dealers, and minor criminals aside.....would you open the bars for hard core criminals?

I think with people running for their lives, those who are in jail will mostly be forgotten about.

I am certainly not "angry" with her opinions, I just think they are a little immature and close-minded.

Absolutely I would open the bars for hardened criminals. When the zombie outbreak happens, the laws of our country will no longer exist. You cant go through every jail asking every prisoner what they did. You have to give those people a fighting chance too.

What if you happened upon a jail and as soon as you walked in there were 100 pisoners in there hollaring to let them out. They are starving, thirsting to death and have no one to bring them anything. You dont know how long they have been in there without food or water. If any prisoner that is in there with them dies, well you know what happens.

There is no way to know what thier "offenses" were. Should you leave the guy that got busted with an ounce of pot in there simply because he is in the same cell as a guy who commited armed robbery?

No, you let them all go so they can all have a fighting chance. Just because someone is in doesn't mean that they are a criminal!
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

United States
    Immature... perhaps... or just a firm believer in the death penalty...

Yeah Jim most people dont care for my belief that prisoners are typically not worth saving but I was talking about Super Max prisons and their captives... most people seem to conveniently gloss over that...

A prison is an eden in a zombie world but every eden must be kept secret... if you're in a zombie world you have to fight to survive and i'm sorry... I have a hard time trusting people in a non zed world I'd never trust prisoners to flee the only safe place in the world ... thats just silly... and because its the only safe place where you could possibly safely grow crops and sustain life (it does after all have a infirmary) it would be a target for other people and not just prisoners... and with the corruptability of most people I couldn't trust them enough to let them in because hey... they could be the wrong kinda people to help...

Basically if zombies take over and I find a prison or a mall i'm making like CJ and screwing everyone else... I'm out for myself and i'd be selective about who I let in...

For this and other crazy ramblings tune in daily to Ayns! Your source for insanity!
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    Immature... perhaps... or just a firm believer in the death penalty...

Yeah Jim most people dont care for my belief that prisoners are typically not worth saving but I was talking about Super Max prisons and their captives... most people seem to conveniently gloss over that...

A prison is an eden in a zombie world but every eden must be kept secret... if you're in a zombie world you have to fight to survive and i'm sorry... I have a hard time trusting people in a non zed world I'd never trust prisoners to flee the only safe place in the world ... thats just silly... and because its the only safe place where you could possibly safely grow crops and sustain life (it does after all have a infirmary) it would be a target for other people and not just prisoners... and with the corruptability of most people I couldn't trust them enough to let them in because hey... they could be the wrong kinda people to help...

Basically if zombies take over and I find a prison or a mall i'm making like CJ and screwing everyone else... I'm out for myself and i'd be selective about who I let in...

For this and other crazy ramblings tune in daily to Ayns! Your source for insanity!
    I fear with an attitude such as yours, MissJack, that you probably would not have to worry about takig anyone out, you would probably have to be more worried about someone taking you out.

You seem to think that if it ever happens, that you can make it alone.
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

United States
    I've never been fortunate enough to be able to rely on someone when it mattered so I've got the mentality that I will make it through anything alone... of course zombies will never exist so its moot

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    of course zombies will never exist so its moot
    Very true!
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi