Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Zombie Movies

United States
    I think that the Japanese film "Versus" was pretty entertaining. That is, if you like zombies who are very proficient at Karate!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    Also, isn't Zombie 2 just the Italian cut of Dawn of the Dead? I thought that the only difference was that some of the best scenes were cut out (Helecopter Decapitation, anyone?). Are there any extra scens added?
    OK first up, Zombi was the official title of the Italian version of Dawn. Yeah, some cool sequences are missing but there's 14 minutes of extra footage not seen in the other two versions. Worth a dig definitely.

Now Zombi 2 was an Italian movie that was a blatant cash in on Dawn (or Zombi as it's known over there, confusing huh? ) by promoting it as an un-official sequel. It has NOTHING to do with Dawn but is a pretty darn good film nonetheless. Great gore fx and a brutal hospital battle at the end make it a worthy purchase. Hey, where else can you see an underwater fight sequence between a zombie and a SHARK!
    Last edited by capncnut; 19-Jan-2007 at 01:36 AM.

Undisclosed

Talking huh...

ya know all this talk about Zombie 2 is making me want to buy it again!

i recently lost my vhs copy i had for years and i miss it...

think i'll buy the dvd hum... yeah!!!

that flick isnt too bad i must say!

Undisclosed
    Reanimator and Evil Dead. Were those mentioned? And Invisible Invaders from 1959. Aliens inhabit dead bodies in that one.

Spain
    I think that a good movie could be "Redneck Zombies". It was very funny!. Another good movie, 28 day later... There wasn't zombes, but the "victims" of the plague was like zombies...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by triste realtà View Post
    Reanimator and Evil Dead. Were those mentioned? And Invisible Invaders from 1959. Aliens inhabit dead bodies in that one.
    I am NAMED AFTER the main character from Evil Dead. My location is "S-Mart". I am even wearing an Evil Dead shirt right now. You do the math.

@CapnKnut: Ok, I remember now. 've seen parts of Zombi 2 on Google Video, like the shark and the splinter-in-eye scenes. Very nice. I may put that on my queue.

@Huescacho: I already said I've seen 28 Days Later.

Spain
    Soooorry!. Resident Evil 1 & 2 are very good. The japanesse movies are very good too.

Undisclosed

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Huescacho View Post
    I think that a good movie could be "Redneck Zombies". It was very funny!. Another good movie, 28 day later... There wasn't zombes, but the "victims" of the plague was like zombies...
    REDNECK ZOMBIES?

are you high? that movie stunk so bad i had to disinfect my bedroom after watching it,it was so cheesy i started my own factory!

it was really stupid espescially the dude with the name Ellemay!!

Spain
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    REDNECK ZOMBIES?

are you high? that movie stunk so bad i had to disinfect my bedroom after watching it,it was so cheesy i started my own factory!

it was really stupid espescially the dude with the name Ellemay!!

Jajajajaja!. This movie isn't the 8ª wonder of the world... Good, but this movie has moments very funny!. The fat dude is the funniest!. The mixed of laughs and screems is very good. the people that did the film, worked hard with a count very poor. If they had a lot of money, the movie was in the top ten!.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    well you know what they say about different strokes....

Undisclosed

Talking

how could you like that trash!!!

it looks like it was shot with a home movie recorder and they seem to top each stupid scene with another!!!

"FUUUUCK ELLEMAY"!!!!lol

United States

My suggestion...

I've heard people saying Dead next Door isn't great, but I still want to see it. The zombies are extremely creative, with the caged mouths and such.Oh, and I've already seen 28 Days Later (Great also) and the I Am Legend movies (Omega Man, Last Man on Earth). I can't wait for the Will Smith one, even though it'll be more I, Robot than Ali. Also, Cemetary Man is already on my list. I love the idea of the plant-ish zombies.

Oh, and I've got Netflix, so I'm not wasting any money.
    Drop those @$$holes, Netflix, because if you rent a lot, they throttle your mail selections so that it takes longer to receive them. (Read your Terms of Service, it even says that!)

Then join Blockbuster Online. You get the same stuff, but also free in-store movie rentals. Instead of having to drop your mailed selection back in the mail, you can exchange it in-store for a free rental! They enter it in their system and your next selection in your quene will ship a day sooner! (They state the throttling in their TOS as well, but it doesn't seem as if they do it though because I get my selections a lot sooner than Netflix did me back a year or so ago.)

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

Spain
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    how could you like that trash!!!

it looks like it was shot with a home movie recorder and they seem to top each stupid scene with another!!!

"FUUUUCK ELLEMAY"!!!!lol
    Certainly. I said you yesterday that this movie, was a cheap movie with non professional actors. You know that the money can do miracles... I want't hurt anybody with my answers, but I think that this kind of movies have more merit than the "rich" movies.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Huescacho View Post
    Soooorry!. Resident Evil 1 & 2 are very good. The japanesse movies are very good too.
    THe first was alright, but the second was terrible.

Also, about Netflix, I'm only running on a free trail, so it's cool.

EDIT: ok, I just started watching Dead Next Door. I regretted it. It's not bad enough to be "so bad it's good" like Plan 9 from Outer Space, and it's just terrible, so it's not good. That's really sad, because the concept is amazing. Also, the naming of characters after zombie horror icons is too obvious. "Romero"? "Raimi"? "Savini"? What's next, "Campbell"?
    Last edited by ash; 25-Jan-2007 at 03:20 AM.

Undisclosed
    I am NAMED AFTER the main character from Evil Dead. My location is "S-Mart". I am even wearing an Evil Dead shirt right now. You do the math.

@CapnKnut: Ok, I remember now. 've seen parts of Zombi 2 on Google Video, like the shark and the splinter-in-eye scenes. Very nice. I may put that on my queue.

@Huescacho: I already said I've seen 28 Days Later.
    Sorry, but when avatars and signatures are exploding with graphics like on most message boards, I tend to tune that stuff out and focus on the post. Evil Dead isn't really a zombie movie anyway. I hope you've seen Creepshow.

I think the whole of Zombie (aka Zombi 2) is posted on youtube, along with trailers for probably all the movies mentioned here. Thanks to this thread I'll be buying Zombie Packs 1 & 2 and Hell of the LD either with the Walking Dead 6 pack or the Rats double feature. I'm stoked.

PS 28 days later sucked mutant rat.