Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEATHBREED: A Zombie Novel by Todd Tjersland

United States

Arrow DEATHBREED: A Zombie Novel by Todd Tjersland

At last the wait is over! Now on sale at ZombieNovel.com:

DEATHBREED: A ZOMBIE NOVEL
    by Todd Tjersland, The Visionary Overlord of American Horror

The bodies of the recently dead are returning to life. They rise, hungry to kill, to destroy, to devour. No one is safe! With each new kill, their numbers grow. They are the DEATHBREED, an unstoppable army of flesh-eating zombie horror… Where can you run when they are everywhere? Who can you trust in a world gone mad? These are the challenges that confront the survivors. This is the terrifying story of the end of the world, told step by step, day by day. READ IT IF YOU DARE!

The demented debut novel from legendary cult filmmaker, TODD TJERSLAND (The Necro Files), DEATHBREED is pure zombie horror--served red, raw, and dripping--in the tradition of Night Of The Living Dead. It is a brutal, unrelenting story of survival at any cost; a new underground classic that is at once familiar to zombie fans, yet offers a welcome twist...

If you thought all horror novels were the same, think again!

READ THE FREE PREVIEW ONLINE TODAY!

392 Fear-Filled Pages featuring Ghastly Cover Art by Isaac Cooper, the zombie from the Necro Files

Available in your choice of formats:
    Standard 6x9 Trade Paperback (Perfectbound)
    Autographed 6x9 Trade Paperback (Perfectbound)
    Signed & Numbered Limited Edition 6x9 Hardcover (Casewrap)
    DEATHBREED: A Zombie Novel
    Creator of The Necro Files and Faces of Gore

Dead

Undisclosed
    well, you have me interested.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie04 View Post
    well, you have me interested.
    That's a start!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    wait, so that "overlord of american horror" isnt a quote, you just saying it yourself?, good book or not that's sounding a little egotistical you know what i mean?, id just let people read it and use some of there feedback as quotes.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Tjersland View Post
    Todd Tjersland, The Visionary Overlord of American Horror

The demented debut novel from legendary cult filmmaker, TODD TJERSLAND (The Necro Files)
    What planet do you live on pal?

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    wait, so that "overlord of american horror" isnt a quote, you just saying it yourself?, good book or not that's sounding a little egotistical you know what i mean?
    Either that or he's having a laugh with us.

United States
    Prism, the official publication of the British Fantasy Society coined that title, "The Visionary Overlord of American Horror," for me several years ago in a review of my work. I didn't make it up, LOL. That would be ridiculous...

If I'd made it up, it would have been something less pretentious, like "The New Modern Master of Shock-Horror." But since a magazine actually called me "The Visionary Overlord of American Horror," I felt perfectly at home and within my rights using it. I think it's hysterical, and while I appreciate it (and on some level even agree with it*), I don't take it all that seriously. But if someone gives you a fancy title like that, why not have fun and run with it? It's almost like being knighted! Hey, look! I'm horror royalty! LOL

Oh, and DOOM: Das Phantastik Magazin, called me an "American Underground God," but I thought pushing myself as some kind of deity might be a bit too much. "Visionary Overlord" seemed the lesser of two evils, LOL.

* Since my work is often so much different from what everybody else is doing. Note that I'm not saying "better," I'm just saying different.
    Last edited by Todd Tjersland; 19-Jan-2007 at 06:57 PM.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Has anyone read this. The preview was decent but $20 is beyond my impuse buy for a paperback. I don't mind playing it if it's good but I have nothing to go on other than the little preview. Anyone read it?

United States
    Hi,

The book was just released Monday, January 15, 2007, so I don't think you'll be finding anybody here who's read it yet (aside from myself, and I wrote it, LOL). If you go to the site's preview page and scroll down past the teaser, there is a FREE 23-page PDF preview you can download. The preview expands the teaser scene considerably and gives you a taste of the general tone and themes explored in the book. Have you read that as well as the preview page teaser?

You're of course free to hold off on purchasing until more reviews come in. I will be mailing review copies out to various websites and magazines in the weeks ahead, but it may be some time for the reviews to come out...

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Yes, I read the full preview (and to be fair, it's an 8 page preview, not 23). As I said it was decent and I'm on the fence.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I have to admit that I've never actually heard of these "all-time cult classics" your website refers too. But I read the preview and it sounded good. If they release the book over here I'll buy it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I have to admit that I've never actually heard of these "all-time cult classics" your website refers too. But I read the preview and it sounded good. If they release the book over here I'll buy it.
    By "over here," do you mean England? Or where, exactly? The odds of the book "coming out" anywhere other than internet sales outlets are very low.

I've had five of my films released in the UK since 1999 (Dead City [aka Legion of the Night], Faces of Gore, Faces of Gore 2, Misled, and The Necro Files). I was also featured on an episode of Bravo UK TV's Sin Cities: Season 3 promoting Necro Files 2. This spring, Sin Cities: Season Four is devoting an entire 30-minute episode to me and my films, including the world television premiere of my erotic horror zombie/comedy, True Necromance.

I'm not surprised you haven't heard of me or my body of work, however. Most of my projects have received spotty distribution despite good reviews. I've been plugging away at various genre-related projects since high school, having been a comic book illustrator, TV horror host, magazine publisher, actor, director, producer, writer, editor, special effects makeup artist, film distributor, etc. This year marks my twentieth anniversary in the horror business and I'm still waiting to become an "overnight success," LOL.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Sounds interesting. I live in Sweden, which, as you might know, is generally pretty big on "underground" stuff. Everything from the obscurest heavy metal records, the strangest giallo films and pretty easy access to old nazi antiques as well.

Just because I've chatted to you, I'm going to seek out some of your stuff and when I do I'll tell you what I thought of it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Just because I've chatted to you, I'm going to seek out some of your stuff and when I do I'll tell you what I thought of it.
    Cool. I'll keep my fingers crossed...

All I can guarantee with my (non-mainstream) books, mags and movies is that you'll either love 'em or hate 'em. Which is generally most people's reaction to me personally...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The book has me interested. Will you sign my copy if I buy it?

United States
    Sales are good so far and I'm getting a lot of nice traffic from HPotD. Thanks to everyone here who bought a copy of my novel!