Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So i bought a IPOD !

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    never!

Undisclosed
    I just bought one today. I like it so far, jsut wanted to know if someone can recomend a program for converting videos for the ipod (not asking for anything illegal, looking for any legit free programs out there). Thanks in advance!

Dying

Undisclosed

This is probably going to get me harassed

But the best video editor I've found for the IPOD is Quicktime Pro. I've tried a few others...be VERY careful that the one you select works both on your computer and configured with your hardware. I bought two that I couldn't use. One of them's holding up one end of my desk at home.

Having said that, adapting video for IPOD takes a really long time and doesn't always go perfectly. If the video is at all long (over 60 minutes), adapting it for video can literally take an entire weekend. But the results are good and the size of the screen doesn't detract from its use.

I've d/l a bunch from Itunes (tvs shows, videos, video podcasts, etc). I've also taken some MP4 video that I shot a couple of years back and adapted that. Last, I was playing with computer generated animation using Adobe Premiere and adapted that. I did those projects using QT Pro, which is $29 downloaded.

They all worked and look fine even when I hook up my IPOD to my TV to watch. A little artifacted but that was probably due to compression before QT got at them.

Canada
    it was when it deleted 24 gigs of music when i loaded itunes. piece of crap. anything that shows up as a removable drive is a true mp3 player in my books now

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    uhh...isnt that any mp3 player made after like 2003?

United States
    Scott, I'd recommend Videora iPod converter, it works great turning things into MP4s

You can get it on download.com if I recall...

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

United States
    Read this article from ilounge.com (a very good iPod site):

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/art...ws-pcs-part-1/

This is Part 1. You can find the link to the next part near the bottom.

Undisclosed
    IPODS are freaking overrater. First of all, they have way too much computer in them. If your MP3 player has enough computer to have the capacity to FREEZE, then you should re-think it. Also, the controls are annoying. I can't feel the buttons through my jeans, so to go to a different song, I have to actually TAKE IT OUT of my pocket, which is impossible while sitting down. Another thing that sucks is the Shuffle. Firstly, you have no screen, 1GB of storage capacity, and it's so small that it gets LOST in your POCKET. Also, you have to charge it, which is imposible if you loose the cord. I prefer to change batteries. For the same price, however, you can get the 1GB Sandisc Sansa M250, which has a screen, optional shuffle, a favorites list function for up to 30 songs, a radio tuner, a microphone, and the buttons are separated by a raised X shaped pece of plastic, so you can feel them through your jeans.

See? The screen is back lit, also, and it is highly energy efficient.

United States
    Or you can always just get a cheap 30 gig ipod video, get used to the scroll wheel (which is actually really nice) listen to whatever songs you want to, when you want to laid out band by band, save money on batteries by charging it and have infinitely more songs (I have about 12 gigs of music on my computer, I do in fact need that much space).

But yea, it's a matter of personal preference, I'm just giving you a hard time

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007