Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FINAL DEADLANDS TEASER TRAILER - Now Available

Super Moderator

UK
    That's looking pretty sweet, good work Dj.

ViP

United States
    I also just wanted to say that you have upped the bar for me DJ. Your smooth looking shots inspired me to build that steadicam and reshoot a few things. Cheers DJ.

Another thing. Have you considered trying for distribution commercially on DVD? Selling your DVD could compromise that. Just a thought, because it looks "sellable".

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    We are in talks about that. (Distributing) I just wanna make sur eit is perfect before it was released.

BTW, Cereval... You were right about the budget!

1 becomes 2, 2 becomes 4, 4 becomes 8 etc etc.

Axlish, thanks for the comment about upping the bar. I never set out to break any new ground, but I was dead set (No pun intended) about the scope of the filming being realistic, even if the acting was below par. However... the people in this have exceeded my expectations and have done great jobs in the acting department. I applaud them all.

Quote Originally Posted by axlish
    Your smooth looking shots inspired me to build that steadicam and reshoot a few things.
    The smoth shots you see int he film are mostly from having a good tripod, and the fact I bought a 9ft Jib/Crane so I could have smooth shots that looked great, but I also have to give credit to the DP Thomas Fant. Thomas and I discuss the angles and basically I look at the angles and shots I liked in all my favortie film and try to make them look close, but giving it my own little flare.

I walk Thomas through every shot as I see it in my head and then he mimicks the shot with his hands and then tells me... Ok this is doable, or it would be better if we go this way. In fact the car flying out into the street was one of those times where he suggested a different approach and I went with it, because he was making a great point. I wanted the car to face the other way and zoom through the intersection, but he was right when he said it needs to go this way.... which is the way you saw it on the teaser.

Don't get me wrong it isn't always roses, sometimes I am very bull headed and I want to make it the way i see it because it is how I envisioned it and I don't see it working any other way, but I am very open to hearing suggestion from Cast & Crew... Cause let's face it, It is my first film, and God knows I am clueless so if they can make it look better I will give it a shot.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 24-Mar-2006 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

ViP

Undisclosed
    Looks pretty sweet. I like seeing how it's coming together nicely. Sweet job on the music as well --- what are you using for the soundtracking? Is it completely software based? Or do you play an instrument(s)?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Using a Yamaha Synth, Fruity loops, and the final mix is done in Adobe Audition.

Thanks for the feedback.

BTW, what you are seeing is not the final look of course. I am losing the video look by running Magic Bullet through the clips that were shot interlaced. When i got the DVX100 my DP suggested finishing it in 24P so that's what we're doing. I just need to de-interlace the stuff shot in 60i.

The VFX take the longest to do. I was gonna farm it out to someone, but said screw it and did it myself. The gunshot and head hit are all CGI!
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Administrator

England
    Looking forward to it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Nice work. I'm interested in seeing the finished product.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks guys...

In all seriousness, I am guess by Late fall of this year it should be completed.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Australia
    The film looks awsome, kudo's to you DJ and your crew. I am definatly purchasing a copy when finished.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    The film looks awsome, kudo's to you DJ and your crew. I am definatly purchasing a copy when finished.
    I appreciate that Mike.

I am sure you guys know I am anxious to get it done, not just for myself, but for every zombie fan out there. Here is hoping 2006 is my Year of the Dead.

The crew appreciates your thanks as well.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    really impressive man

i want to buy a copy asap
    so keep us posted

i am really amazed at the quality that
    you film makers put into these projects

having worked on film projects with others
    i know how expensive, frustrating and unpredictable
    it can be

Norway
    Wow that trailer looks good! I'm hoping this project does not run out of steam.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks guys,

The feedback has just been superb, and trust me it won't run out of steam. We are almost finished filming. I have a few big locations to shoot yet, and 3 major sequences to finish, but once it is done... Homepage of the Dead members will be the first to know.

Don't worry I will keep everyone posted each time we film.

So far we have the following filming dates planned

April 7th & 8th
    April 14th & 15th

June 2nd & 3rd
    June 9th & 10th
    June 16th & 17th

We won't be filming in May unless something changes... May is a vacation month for most of us, but I may do some stuff around the city. We still have to do some zombie stuff in the city of Baltimore.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Just been bitten Pistolero Films's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Just saw the news broadcast - way to go! That kind of media attention means a lot of people will know about it.

Everytime I see a clip or a trailer it gets better and better. I hope you can pull it all off! Looks like a pretty big project. Keep us updated.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    We are actually having another news crew coming the 14th & 15th of April, and a local news paper is going to do a big article for their entertainment section on the film.

Once those are done I am gonna include them in the bonus materials for the film.

The feedback we have been getting via email and message boards are phenomenal. We get some slack from the shambler purists, but they have their opinions and we respect that, however, we also know when they see the film we hope they enjoy it for what it is... A zombie film.

Enhanced trailer now available.

See original thread post.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 27-Mar-2006 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!