Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FINAL DEADLANDS TEASER TRAILER - Now Available

Undisclosed
    NICE!!!! I will definitely be getting the DVD when you are done.

BTW DJ, you look too freaking cool with the double fisted pistol grip blasting out some zombie brains! Good Job!
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not me in the hat... That was some guy who played a cop... I am the guy walking through the traffic jam, and seen in the beginning in the trailer walking out with Brian.

But thanks for the compliment, The guy who played the plains clothes cop was a former firearms trainer.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    If I sound hash please understand that it is only cuz I think you have some real potential!

First off its looking great! It really is! You have been able to do some nice camera effects without forcing them. Everyone has a style so stick to your guns, if you dont belive it then how can the audience?

The acting- if we all had a million dollars thier would be a ton of zombie films, then it would be a matter of choosing the ones that were good, great, and he best. We dont all have that kind of money, but we still have competition! We have to compare ourselves to making something that lives up to what we hold dear, a sound plot with just the right undertone and of course the physics professor in all of us. So with a limited budget we have to comprimise. Its not that friends cant act, they can, but you have to direct them into thinking in a way that the character would. If this horrific event was actually hapening most of us would act much differently than with a cammera near by.

The script- Choosing words is an art! In the same way we act in different situations, we also talk differently. Ever watched a movie that has been edited for network tv? In the original movie the guy says "I;m gonna kill you mofo!!!". In the edit they hire someone to voice over the R rated parts and it turns out something like this "I,m gonna kill you mister!!!". Quite laughable for sure, really changes the mood of that hard core action flick doesnt it! Without trying to target anything in particular, one sceen in the trailer stands out to me. In the car the child says "mommy you just hit that person" and the mom says "honey I dont know what the hell that was but it sure as hell was not a person". It sounds like a script and you can see the set up for the moms response. I have never met that polite a child. I normally have to keep my self from backhanding the snots, and I love kids! lol. I see this ..."mommy you just hit that guy"..."honey sit back and put your belt on". The child can sense the terror in his mom, hes not going to be a brat right now, he is even more terrfyed cuz he has not had the life experiance that he understands people older than him have. The mom would love to sit down and explain every little nuance to the child over a nice tea, but the fact is, if her maternal adrenalin has not kicked in by now it never will. This woman would gladly give reh right arm or even life for this child!

The zombies- Man do they look good or what!!!! Not overly rotting yet still convincing. Your almost to a point were you could add an element of second guessing! Is it a zombie or a very tired friend? Although I like your explination of the runners, I am still reserved about the actuall look. Its a matter of continuity that I really cant speak cuz i dont know where the clips are from in the film. If they have the ability to run in the first few hours, we should never see a single one standing still!!! They are hell bent on achiving thier goal to feed.......now......right now!!!

The director- I dont know you from Adam, but man am I proud of you! Go get em and keep it comming. Why cant Anchor Bay hire people like this?

Thanx for listening -D
    Look behind you!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks dude...I appreciate constructive criticism like that and we the crew appreciate it, especially being the director I appreciate it a great deal.

Let me offer you some explanations to help a bit. Believe it or not the scenes in the trailer are pretty much in chronological order from the beginning of the film until the middle of the film, except for one scene. So you are seeing some progression of the zombies...

Dialogue -

We talked about the scene you mentioned on set, and believe it or not the original script said, "Mom you just hit that guy", but I wanted The mothers response to be like it is because she is supposed to be our strong, yet vulnerable heroin, that is why her line is delivered as it is, so we changed guy to person for the little kid.

You mentioned snot nose kids... Well you haven't seen nothing. Since the little boys real mom is one of the producers we pulled him in for shooting and have him coming off with some of the most draw dropping sh*t you have ever heard. He is only 9 and took a lot of coaching, but I think everyone will be rooting for him the most.

As far as camera movements and technical stuff... When i decided to do my own zombie picture I said I don't want to do what other indie guys did, so I bought the stuff I needed to have more "real big budget Movie" feel. I sat down with everyone and said... "Look we can't really bring anything new to the game that hasn't been done, all we can do is go out there and do our best, but I want everyone to know the scope and feel has to be what you would find in a hollywood production."

I wanted to try to raise the bar a bit on low budget indie zombie films, I am not knocking anyone elses abilities, I applaud everyones effort, but for me film is something I hold very true to my heart and I want to bring something to the fans that is top notch even if the $$$ aint there for this kind of thing.

Everyone one who has a speaking part is a friend, and since they could work for free I knew talent wise I would be hurting a bit, however everyone surprised me and have been doing their best for the good of the production, and if someone came to me right now and offered me $1,000,000 to re-shoot this and get better actors, I wouldn't do it because when I wrote the film I saw these people as the main characters.

I went in with mid level expectations, but everytime one of the actors does something good I push them to do it better and better. Everyone is having a good time and I like to keep spirits up on the set as much as possible If I have trouble getting a piece of direction across my DP will sometimes offer to step in a give a little direction to help convey my point... He has done some short films, and was one of the team members who one the Baltimore 2005 48 hour film festival for best picture. He knows this is my first gig so any advice he gives I listen too, and I appreciate.

I am eager as hell to finish this to get it out there for the hard core fans. Once it is out there I hope they enjoy watching it as much as we did making it.

again thanks for the feedback, and cheers
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Just been bitten

Undisclosed

Looks cool.

Nice to see my home town in a zombie flick, very cool. I agree some of the acting could be better, but i actually thought the kids line was the best delivered. Well keep up the good work.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    When you're working on a very low budget and people with zero acting experience... You have to take the good with the bad. However, I think everyone has done a great job. I have seen films that cost $5000,000 with actors not nearly as good as what i have. (cough) Children of the Living Dead (cough)
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    hey that was pretty snazzy

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks DUDE!
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    there's one scene, "female zombie slams hands on car window" thru "someone shoots a gun" - that "area" and the percussion/drum-intro sync wonderfully.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It does doesn't it.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The trailer has been re-cut... give it look on the main website

www.playingwithdeadthings.com
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Undisclosed
    Very Nice!!
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks...

Now onto the good news, 85% of the CGI (Visual FX) involved in the film is almost complete. I just finished the bulk of it last night. Only a few more shots yet to be filmed will need CGI.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Administrator

England
    Please!!! No imperial walkers!!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    Please!!! No imperial walkers!!!

I guess I better delete Jar Jar.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!