Thread: UK DVD Problem - 2004 Dawn of the Dead Arrow Release

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

UK DVD Problem - 2004 Dawn of the Dead Arrow Release

Hey guys, I posted this on IMDB and only got 1 response so I was hoping you could help me. I will copy and paste my message:

I own the 2004 UK, arrow release of Dawn of the Dead and the problem I am having with it is none of the extras work, or to be more specific the extras on 'page 1', so if I go to 'next' i can view the filmographys and such ans even pushing the audio button on the remote allows me to turn the commentaries on. But the documentary is un accessable.

I took the DVD back originaly and got another copy, but this is the second copy to have the issue so I assume it is a printing error, but I was wondering how common it is and if I am best to just get a refund?

The extras are as follows:

Audio Commentary By Director George A Romero & Producer Richard P Rubinstein
    The Dead Will Walk Documentary (75 Minutes)
    Original Radio Spots
    Original Reviews
    Photo Gallery
    Theatrical Trailers
    Biographies/Filmographies

Thanks in advance!

Administrator

England
    i have the original release, the one that came out first, and ive never had any problems with it.

dunno which company made it.

capncnut
    I have the same copy and I've had no problems whatsoever. It's a Region 0 DVD though so unless the player is compatible, it might not work. I'm guessing you already know that though so I wouldn't know what to advise.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Your right it is region 0, my DVD player is region free so that isn't a problem. I can see the movie, bios and can even listen to commentaries by using the audio button.

Andy, it is the 127min edit of the movie and the cover is just like the poster for the movie, the head with the torn tissue on the left hand side, if that helps any?

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    I have the same arrow version, but it is fine ... i have no problems getting into anything on page one of the extras.

Have you tried the disc in another DVD player? Have you tried it in your computers DVD drive?