Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your ultimate film opening sequence....

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK

Your ultimate film opening sequence....

If you could film your dream movie opening sequence for a Sci-fi, Fantasy or Horror movie and the money side of things didn't matter, what would you film?

Undisclosed
    Well, I would start with a black screen.

Ticking is heard in the background. A clock slowly fades into view.
    The ticking fades as the clock battery dies.
    A voice is heard. "****, the battery died"

The screen fades to black again.
    Another voice is heard.
    "Mr. president, I'm afraid you have to come with me."
    The president asks "Why? What's wrong?"
    The first voice responds "They're coming, sir."
    "Shi-" his voice is cut off by the sound of blood splattering.
    A blood splatter appears on the black screen, bearing the words "UZ Entertainment Presents"
    The blood is wiped away using a blinds effect.
    A plasma TV is shown far off.
    The camera zooms into the TV, showing chaos around the world as the opening piano for Gary Jules' "Mad World" begins to play.
    The TV continues to show news reports and gory imagery from across the globe.
    The song plays as the action on the TV is interupted occasionally by more blood splatters showing the credits for the movie.
    At the end of the song, a normal weather report is being shown on the TV, which morphs into an old Magnavox.
    The movie title is shown at the ticker on the bottom of the news report in bold, red letters, unlike the other words which are in white font.
    "Zed" (The title is Zed)
    The weather report is ended, and the news anchor appears on-screen saying "Tony the Squirrel has found an interesting way to keep cool during this ho-" the TV is turned off.

The movie starts here.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    probably a sci-fi war type thing like halo or gears of war as a movie, with a massive battle opening.

and a hidden cameo by catuar from ff8

Super Moderator

UK
    From black, the film slowly fades in.

The shot starts by crawling along a dirty and cracked tarmac road, swooping along and slowly tilting & craning upwards to reveal a myriad of shuffling feet around us - then legs, hands and bodies.

Not hundreds, not thousands, not hundreds-of-thousands - but MILLIONS of zombies all swarming through a desolate and barron landscape scorched by napalm and artillery. The MILLIONS of zombies are all flocking to one central point - an outpost tower, which is battered and bruised and crumbling apart from the onslaught. Inside are two men who were on guard days ago when the compound was broken into at all sides several hundred yards away in all directions. The men have no ammunition and no weapons. There is no escape from the tower - which is crumbling (like I said before) and they're surrounded by an ocean of rotting corpses.

SLAM!!! The screen cuts to black and the title slowly fades in.

Sweet eh?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Sweet eh?
    What happens man, what happens next?

Super Moderator

UK
    hehe, I don't know all that well to be honest, but it is an idea I've been mulling over in my head for a while. I've been meaning to sit down and write a script/short story about that very description I laid out there.

I've never seen a zombie movie where you actually see literally completely insurmountable odds facing the protagonists, I guess the budgets are always too small - but perhaps in the next few years with CGI and the right project getting the green light it could be done - I think I will write this as a script/short story (probably the latter) sometime this year.

Undisclosed
    hehe, I don't know all that well to be honest, but it is an idea I've been mulling over in my head for a while. I've been meaning to sit down and write a script/short story about that very description I laid out there.

I've never seen a zombie movie where you actually see literally completely insurmountable odds facing the protagonists, I guess the budgets are always too small - but perhaps in the next few years with CGI and the right project getting the green light it could be done - I think I will write this as a script/short story (probably the latter) sometime this year.
    Actually, I'm certain that the movie adaptation of World War Z coming out in 2008 will be the one to show that. I mean, if you have read the book, then you know about the "super-flocks" that cover hundreds of miles.

capncnut
    That is something I would love to see, I was kinda hoping that Land would touch upon this but alas it never. Literally like the crowd at a Robbie Williams concert, a sea of zombies that stretches across cities.

Kazakhstan
    ext: daytime, a high street

2-shot, waist height
    two be-fringed emo kids in atticus shirts are standing around discussing the merits of my chemical romance.
    suddenly a male silhouette eclipses their forms.

cut to : ECU, james hetfield's moustache & mouth

cut to : 2 shot again, emos lookin scared.

CU: hetfield, head & shoulders shot
    JH: SAY WHAT

emo: urm...MCR are pretty rockin..dewd

CU: JH h&s shot, para zoom.
    james clenches fists and looks to the sky
    JH: NNNNNNYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

emos clutch their ears in pain

JH: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

blood begins to gush from the ears of the emo

JH:EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

kirk hammet walks into the shot, and begins to wail on his axe

kirks axe: diddlydiddlydiddlydiddlyeeeEEEEeeeEEEdoodlyooodoow ahwahwallawahYAYAyaaaaaa

the emos are convulsing on the the floor, finally, they explode, JH opens his mouth so that he might drink the viscera as it gushes forth, shaking his head to and fro...

aerial shot, rotates from primary elevated position to the left on a spiral rail trajectory to ground level, a crowd of people are clapping to JH & kirk.

crash zoom to ECU on JH's face
    JH: SHUT THE F*** UP!

crowd looks shocked

jh & kirk play damage incorporated. naked woman and shatterproof vodka bottles rain from the sky. everyone pays due deference to the power of OLD SCHOOL METALLICA

THE END.

for those with visualisation issues,
    hetfield

kirk

emo kid
    Last edited by _liam_; 25-Jan-2007 at 09:58 PM.
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Undisclosed
    That was... Interesting...

capncnut
    Great story Liam.

Undisclosed
    From black, the film slowly fades in.

The shot starts by crawling along a dirty and cracked tarmac road, swooping along and slowly tilting & craning upwards to reveal a myriad of shuffling feet around us - then legs, hands and bodies.

Not hundreds, not thousands, not hundreds-of-thousands - but MILLIONS of zombies all swarming through a desolate and barron landscape scorched by napalm and artillery. The MILLIONS of zombies are all flocking to one central point - an outpost tower, which is battered and bruised and crumbling apart from the onslaught. Inside are two men who were on guard days ago when the compound was broken into at all sides several hundred yards away in all directions. The men have no ammunition and no weapons. There is no escape from the tower - which is crumbling (like I said before) and they're surrounded by an ocean of rotting corpses.

SLAM!!! The screen cuts to black and the title slowly fades in.

Sweet eh?
    Ah, enough to make a girl go moist ......not in a 'I find zombies sexually stimulating perv' kinda way
    Hmmmm Toast....YES it is called a crelbow!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by prettycorpses View Post
    Ah, enough to make a girl go moist ......not in a 'I find zombies sexually stimulating perv' kinda way
    That's exactly what any self-respecting zombie film fan wants to hear from a gal.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    the shirts of clan atticus what is their magistical construction?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by prettycorpses View Post
    ...not in a 'I find zombies sexually stimulating perv' kinda way
    Mmm, I dunno. There were one or two cute zomb chicks in Land.